What Computer hardware company do you fanboy the most?

phillrulz

I don't fanboy companies. They exist to make money off you. Enjoy their products and recommend their brand for whatever reason you may have, but for the love of god stop being fanboys. What has it ever done for you?

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA, your not serious right? what is your experience with dell?

I still have a few old P4 Dell's running perfectly fine, and their support is great. Hell, and old OptiPlex 170L is my daily driver (desktop model with regular-size DVD drive). Just put Windows XP on it, and it's pretty nice.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I still have a few old P4 Dell's running perfectly fine, and their support is great. Hell, and old OptiPlex 170L is my daily driver (desktop model with regular-size DVD drive). Just put Windows XP on it, and it's pretty nice.

I have a old dell machine in my oil tank, its like 6 years old ( wolfdale processor) still running fine has the cheapest psu i could find in it i think its a 430w no name from maplin which cost me like £15 power rail are wayyyyyy out like 5v is 7 or 8 works fine can prime 95 it and nothing happens...

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Definitely MSI. Their boards just look so much better at the moment than anything else on the market imho, ROG have far too much of a 'look at me, I'm ROG, you want me' look to them, which turns me away. MSI, with the same colour scheme, just look so much more refined, especially those z87 gaming boards - dem dragon heatsinks. Even this gen, with more subdued looks, they look outstanding. Plus the GPUs are pretty neat.

Gigabyte was pretty nice last gen with the green mobo sniper, but they screwed it up this year.

Otherwise, whatever works man.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Yeah I'm pretty confident now I have the worst luck with dell products. I have had an Alienware and 2 dell desktops. One desktop had overheating problems and the other one the GPU failed twice. on top of that the warranty didn't cover a new GPU so they threw in a Radeon 5450 claiming it was the only card that would work on that desktop (which is BS), rest of the computer works fine now but HDD is about to fail (4 years old not a surprise). The one that overheated died after about 2 years. Once again Warrenty didn't do a damn thing. Alienware worked for 6 months, but for the next 6 months I had to send it in on 7 separate occasions for them to fix things. It was a new problem each time except for the first 3 failures which were all motherboard failures. Had to send it in within hours of receiving it back the first 3 times.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

I fanboy:

Price/Performance

Esthetics

Witch is in my current build: MSI

Nuff said!

Let's agree to disagree

I don't fanboy often but when I do its corsair.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

EVGA because...EVGA. And by extension Nvidia. Their stock cards are teh sexks. ATI blows. 

Followed very closely by Corsair, because Corsair. Half my system is Corsair. I don't regret it. It works. 

I guess Bose? If sound is applicable. I know the song and dance about no highs and no lows and all that crap, and I just don't care. My QC20s are the best headphones that have ever crossed my desk and their sound cancelling makes gaming so much better. Sound cancelling headphones in general are the shit, everyone NEEDS to own a pair of them. 

I generally don't fanboy over any company for anything really.  My rig has gigabyte, corsair, msi, intel, cooler master, seasonic, western digital, I really wasn't partial to anything with the build.  I just choose what ran well and was reliable. 

Gigabyte, Gigabyte, gigabyte gigabyte with their motherboards. Although with the issues I had with getting the ram to work right with the Z87 mobo was a veritable pain in the rectum.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Company: Asus

Hardware: Asus motherboards and asus brand GPUs

Why: Good design, quality and are quiet (GPUs) I have heard.

Company: NZXT

Hardware: NZXT Phantom 240, and other phantom series cases. Also their PSUs seem to be good but cannot find the one I want in the UK.

Why: Amazing aesthetic design IMO, I've heard they make things at a good quality. (probably exceptions with their "source" cases)

i was going to go with a sabertooth mk 1 from a 990fx, but decided on the Maxpower, better features at the same price range!

At the time I was building my rig  I was thinking between the Msi Gaming series and a certain Asus ROG Board, don't remember which one exactly but it was 20-30 euro's more than the MSI one.

It's gotta be Asus.

Hardware: motherboard, sound card, monitor

Explanation: They make very high quality products, and I also see them as being innovative, particularly with monitors, and therefore helping the industry as a whole.

Apple

sorry

not sorry

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Company: dunken doughnuts

Hardware: long john 4200+

Why: its tasty and comes with sprinkles

Jk

Company:amd

Hardware: radeon

Why: I can usually find a product that's within 50 of my budget

Corsair Cases and peripherals, Asus for motherboards.

I just like Corsair's elegant look to their Obsidian line of cases and keyboards / mice.

Asus... what can I say... I'm a sucker for their ROG line. :lol:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Hmmm, crap, I can't decide.  I only buy Intel CPUs.  I only buy NVIDIA GPUs.  I love Corsair products (not just for quality, one PSU did die but their warranty service was TOP notch).  ASUS has served me well too.

Yet I would also abandon any of these companies if their products took a nosedive, if others rose and took their place, etc.  Even though I like their products, I still read, watch, and listen to reviews and benchmarks about all products to stay informed and make good decisions.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Silverstone

Corsair

Asus

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i dont fanboy but i do like apple (phones and tabs) there a good build quality and i prefer the OS over android, no tried windows phone but the app situation puts me off.  Seagate for drives, Samsung for ssd. my mobo and graphics card are both gigabyte and there solid so far

i hate dell, acer and htc

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Corsair, for the same reason it used to be Apple eight years ago. The only hardware company I bought a product (K70) from because I wanted one, rather than needed one.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.