Your Top 5 Worst purchases (Tech Realated and Non tech)

Saw something similar but in the oppisite fashion of best or most worthwile purchases so why not flip it?

Here are mine.

xbox 360

Ps4

Hd capture card

A Rc car (really expensive one 2)

A bearded dragon... turns out they suck but he was a gift sooo....

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

PS Vita, I played that thing once

Capture Card, I used that thing once

Beats solo hd... I don't even have to explain

Xbox 360

Collectible football helmets

Mag for PS3

Oh wow I've made a lot of bad mistakes...

Samsung Galaxy S3

Razer Blackwidow keyboard

Pre-built PC

Expired Cake (Yes, it was free because it was expired)

Samsung Galaxy S3

Razer Blackwidow keyboard

Pre-built PC

Expired cake lol

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Expired cake lol

yeah, I was walking through the super market craving stuff to eat and I saw this super sale area just outside and it was a trolly full of expired cake, so I grabbed one and it tasted horrible but I ate it anyways cuz I was in public and the next day I was really really sick

Atm the only "bad purchase" i can recall making is ESO Boxed Imperial Edition -cost me 90 quid (granted i get a cool Deadric statue for my desk and an awesome 200+ page Elder scrolls book etc... but the game? absolute MEH)

-edit- Actually my last computer rig, now that i have a vastly greater knowledge of PCs etc, was a horrible purchase. One i shall never make again. Cost me £1200. Now i look at todays PCs i coulda made with 1200 by picking my own parts

Only 2 i can think of, since when ever i buy something i do a ton of googling for info etc to make sure i get what i want / need at a price im comfy-ish with  :P

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Games:

-ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON

-Wargame: European Escalation

Peripherals:

-Thermaltake eSPORTS Challenger Pro

-Random Logitech wireless mouse

Components:

-GTX 650 Ti 1GB (it was a $20 more for the 2GB version which would let me run higher res textures)

-4GB Corsair XMS3 (8GB would have been perfect)

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Graphics tablet

My computer

Roccat Isku

I don't buy much so there's not much to regret

hellooooooooo

My laptop, The 2 sturmovik (or something) for ps3, Wii balance board, Psp, pokemon cards

1. A Trancend IDE SSD.back in 2004. That thing crazy expensive, and it just didn't work

The Fifty Shades of Grey books. Bought them for a laughe. They weren't funny, just bad

A Razer Blackwidow Stealth. That thing broke after 6 months

Bad Rats. Extremely bad game, but shit it was only 50¢

Super Meat Boy. The frustration.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1. Aiptek AHD-AF1 camcorder (more like crapcorder). Just some crap what 100€ can get you...

2. Gigabyte GTX 590 (second-hand). I though it would be more powerful that it actually is. Plus I could've gotten a GTX 660 or even a 7950 few weeks later after buying the 590. In addition to that, the 590 is LOUD as hell.

3. Every wristwatch I've bought, ever. Every single of them has the strap gotten broken within 24 hours of acquiring them (why can't they make quality watches for under 50€?)

4. Sony HDR CX260VE camcorder. Yep. I bought that thing for 205€ as used, for shooting stills... Nearly haven't recorded any videos with it at all.

5. Windows 7 Professional Dell OEM. I spent 70€ basically on a installation disk, and the activation code expired before I proceeded to activate it.

Not sure would this count in, but if it does: a second-hand bought Canon EOS 1000D. After 40 days it still haven't arrived, and the sellers says she's been 'busy'. I thought it was a good deal (just 112€. Most here go for >150€), but instead got scammed.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

5: iPhone 4S- A good waste of $600 plus $70 a month for something I use as a DAP.

4: E.T the game for the Atari 2600- No need to explain, I picked up a 2600 for shits and giggles and the seller threw this in for 50 cents. I should have kept my money.

3: A $800 HP desktop my mom and I split the bill on in 2010- Listen to those 2gb's of RAM hum! 3powerful5me

2: Lucky star DVD box set + OVA's- I got these for $400 altogether- one week before the Blu-ray collection got released... with extra content at $200.

1: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Diamond-Plate Loot Chest- $200 for a piece of plastic and some window stickies.

I disagree,

If you kill me you're better, If I kill you I'm better.

1. Modern Warfare 3
2. My laptop

3. Black Ops

4. Battlefield 4 for being such a coding mess
5. Logitech speakers (not bad in sound quality but the design for attaching cables is really disappointing since I have to tape the cable to the hole in order to work properly)

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

A robin hood game on the PS2 where you don't have a bow and arrow (can't remember what it was called).

A PCI wireless card that sat right in a dead spot of my room.

Cheap sausages.

Raptor m4 mouse (it's just huge and cheap feeling).

dell laptop

anything by acer

my car - thing is costing me fortune in repairs

my wii - never play the thing

my cat- i swear the thing is possessed, its a little shit

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

All the mechanical backlight keyboards I ever got had always at least one led not working. I stoped after the third unsuccessful rma and used them anyway. But that would be 5, a razer black widdow ultimate, the rma version of it, a corsair k70, the rma version of it and my recently bought code keyboard. Not that I bought the rmas, but I payed the shipping.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

1. D-link modem which did not last a month, CFB returning it end up buying a Asus N55U which worked for now

2. PS3 (though Valkyria chronicle was unique and fun for a while and Last of Us) hardly worth it for 2 games

3. Razor Blackwidow was horrible Imo ended up buying a Corsair K65 which feels better.

4. bugfield 4
5. The many thing I bough on steam that was on sale which I never end up installing it

lives on

BAKABT

-Call of Duty Ghosts

-Call of Duty Black Ops II

-Rust. Actually a quite good game it was quite boring though. Had more fun playing WarZ

-Arma II because i wanted to play DayZ, just fucking annoying. I cant even connect to servers because of some damn reason

-Samsung something Smartphone, it was one of those small "Smartphjones" that had the worst damn screen on the earth

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

nest thermostat

apple tv

corsair H60

Cheap PSU

Damn frozen pizza that's been in my fridge for months. I hate onions and I didn't notice it had onions.

:huh: Cake only expires when there is mold on it.  :P

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

2004 Hyundai Accent

Dark Souls for PC

Corsair AX1200

Samsung TV pre-LED

Steelseries 6Gv2

Edit: Does education count? That was probably the worst financial decision I've made. It could bump the keyboard off that list.

Windows Vista - first OS I've ever bought and to this day I feel like Microsoft owes me the $120+ the time and effort I put into this mess. 
Samsung SyncMaster F2380. Worst monitor I've ever seen in my life, probably the worst thing I've ever purchased considering the price.
Radeon 9600 SE. It was worth twice the price of the Geforce card I had previously and preformed worse.
Battlefield 3: Worse than BFBC2 in every way except graphics as far as I'm concerned, and the nail in EA's coffin as far as having me as a customer goes. I'm gone. The current fraudulent business model is hilariously malicious.
Dota 2: Sure it's free but I really hate Dota 2 and mobas in general.

Call of duty Ghosts. Biggest pos I have ever played.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

iPod touch 4th gen

barebones computer kit

Xbox 360

my last set of gaming peripherals

turtle beach x11s

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online