What is the highest selling GPU of all time?

Askew

I was wondering, which discrete video card has sold the most units ever?

Anyone happen to know?

If I had to guess I really couldn't say, I'd go for something like 560ti or 8800 maybe...

Im thinking its more likely to be an AMD. due to coin mining.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Neither AMD nor NVIDIA release concrete sales number AFAIK. Not that they could anyway since they license their GPUs to other companies that manufacture them and sell them under their own brand name such as Asus or XFX. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

And best selling GPU of all time is probably intel hd 3000 because it was in so many computers. integrated GPUs are more than 90% of the market so it makes sense that it wouldn't be an NVIDIA or AMD card

intel hd gpu . 60%+ of the market

non integrated i also think the gtx 560ti or 8800 gt

Edited by s3ns3

I think that the Nvidia GTX x60(with or without ti) series has sold so many units.

AMD numbers confuse me...

INTEL HD is not counted BECAUSE I SAY SO :P

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I think it is intel's integrated graphics, every non techhead sees it on their pre-built computer box and thinks "intel 4000" sounds advanced, so they buy it thinking they are getting a good computer.

The original Voodoo sold really well, though I don't know how big the GPU market was back then compared to now and if it therefore even comes close to the GPUs of today in terms of units sold.

Integrated can't really count, which model of it is the most popular?

Saying 'Intel integrated' is like saying 'Nvidia graphics cards' for an answer.

intel hd gpu . 60%+ of the market

non integrated i also think the gtx 560ti or 8800 gt

so many different models of those GPU's

I'm guessing its going to be one of the older GMA series Intel chips that used to be on most of the P4 motherboards.

if we are going with actuall gpu and not the card, the 8800's gpu might have it as it was released 3 times

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I would guess 560 or 560ti. I still see those things all the time.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Technically you can't count intel GPU's you buy a computer with it inside the CPU not the GPU itself.

I bet it's Nvidia Geforce 6600GT. That card was a monster for it's price and was very very popular. 

Technically you can't count intel GPU's you buy a computer with it inside the CPU not the GPU itself.

well according to misleading AMD marketing, 90% of intel's processors can be considered APUs. AMD tries to pass off the integrated CPU + GPU thing as some new wonder when in reality intel has been successfully doing it for years. All their marketing bs keeps reiterating APU as if it's an exclusive AMD thingy...

I bet it's Nvidia Geforce 6600GT. That card was a monster for it's price and was very very popular. 

THIS ^^ 6600 GT all the way. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I was going to guess Voodoo to be rather up there. I can't remember more hype about a GPU since. But there are probably far more people able to buy GPUs now than back then.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

It might very well be the nvidia 8800 family, but I remember the TNT 2 and later on the GeForce 2 cards; they were everywhere man. And they were beasts with actual hardware transform and lighting capabilities.

It might very well be the nvidia 8800 family, but I remember the TNT 2 and later on the GeForce 2 cards; they were everywhere man. And they were beasts with actual hardware transform and lighting capabilities.

Agreed. Had an 8800...Beast card at the time.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

3DFX Voodoo 2 90 Mhz (core and memory) and a resolution upto 800x600!

• 5 years later...

Well now it would probably be 750 ti, I never see gtx 500s anymore.

well Steam has a database for that https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/ but ok its not to be taken like the bible... but steam is a very popular DRM for gamers.. gamers are the main group that makes a conscious decision on which exactly GPU to buy (as opposed to people who buy OEMs or people who just get integrated graphics not thinking even about graphics but they wanted a pc/laptop it just so happen to come with IG in it)  so  if nothing else  its a good indicator of the current trend

And according to steam GTX 1060 is the best selling card. 

• 3 years later...
On 5/29/2014 at 10:58 PM, Askew said:

I was wondering, which discrete video card has sold the most units ever?

Anyone happen to know?

If I had to guess I really couldn't say, I'd go for something like 560ti or 8800 maybe...

I guess you are quoting modern times with 560ti.. Well, when did the computer boom era started? i guess it was back in 2002-2003. Everyone got a computer starting then... Most people would get the cheapest, or what could they afford. My bet is on Geforce FX5200, because it was good for some games and it was cheap. You cannot bring into discussion high-end boards because they aren't even made in a big lot like low end ones. So, no way for 560ti or 8800 to be in the top selling boards. I have seen hundreds of pc's with FX5200 then a lot of computers with Geforce 7300 and 7200, and also a lot with Radeon 9250 and Radeon x550. These were the top selling boards when everyone got their first pc. Also, 1050 was a best selling gpu of the modern era, I would bet on it to be the highest selling card for newest computers. I cannot talk about the 2000 or 3000 series, because people still have old computers. I'm not even ready to change my Intel 4th gen PC with a Radeon 7790 that I use everyday, eventhough I have more modern PCs on my shelf :))

I'm talking here only about dedicated gpus, it's obvius that intel has the highest market share with their integrated solutions, and that is since the early 2000.