Just need to vent off a bit...

Hulk

So my mum buys a M8 based off my recommendation and gets it home to show it to me. The first thing I notice though is the insane amount of bloatware on it, and by that I don't mean the preinstalled kind but rather the post. I figured that the shopkeeper in an attempt to guide my mother installed apps she had no use for and just ran in the background. Not only that but her FB wasn't working. 

So I offer- 'Mum, should I make your phone faster and get rid of the bloat?' She goes- 'Will it make FB work?' 'Yes, but it will make it faster in the long run'. So I did a factory reset and removed all the junk she had going for her. The next morning, she starts shrieking at me asking where did her apps go and why isn't her Whatsapp and BBM working. All that was left to do that morning was to dial in the phone number on Whatsapp and log into BBM, but she just went on and on saying that I ruined her phone and she hated me...

After about 30 seconds of clicking sign in and getting them working, she asks me- 'WHERE ARE THE OTHER APPS?', and by that she meant the bloat. Despite reasoning they were useless, ran in the background sucking up battery life, and just could make the phone slower in general (not to mention it makes scrolling a pain), she said and I quote, 'I WANT THE BLOAT BACK! I WANT IT JUST THE WAY IT WAS!' 

I guess her yelling made me really upset, so I guess I will leave on this note: never do anything for a technologically illiterate person; they don't understand some of the measures you take nor appreciate some of the concerns you share. Its simply not worth it in the real world. > :(

I'm just glad you didn't smash her...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Your mom told you she hated you? Over a phone app?! THE FUCK!!!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Your mom told you she hated you? Over a phone app?! THE FUCK!!!

I think he didn't use that word in a literal way.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I would have...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Atleast you can get your mum off apple :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Just......dont .... get ..... angry.......We all know what happens when we get angry....

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I would have...

Oh my!

Just......dont .... get ..... angry.......We all know what happens when we get angry....

Just, relax!

You're not alone brother. Never do anything for the technologically technologically illiterate, because they'll always end up blaming you.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Your mother's an idiot, TBH someone who behaves like this would have let me know a lot earler and when something like this came up and help was offerable I'd be like.

how-about-no-bear.jpg

Next time,just recommend her a BB..

HULLKKKKKK SSSSSMMMAASSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!

I didn't see the correlation with my username the first time I read it  :lol:

Next time,just recommend her a BB..

Whats funny is she was using a BB before :P

You're not alone brother. Never do anything for the technologically technologically illiterate, because they'll always end up blaming you.

Yup, sort of seeing the flipside of helping her out '_'

at least iphones dont get bloatware

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

But you see had she bought an iPhone you would not have had this problem in the first place...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Tech illiterate +poorly trained salesmen monkey = you're gonna have a bad time.

I would have told her to go and fuck herself and to fix it herself if she's gonna behave like a fucking child.

I feel your pain mate. I just dont bother helping people like that anymore, just not worth the time you put into help them out.

at least iphones dont get bloatware

I think you might be incorrect, my iPhone had bloatware on it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I think you might be incorrect, my iPhone had bloatware on it.

Really? unusual, I don't believe apple allow for companies to install their apps on the phone. There are some compulsory Apple applications you cannot remove, like newsstand, calendar, apple maps, etc but they are part of the OS and are made by apple so that is understandable

and even if so, they dont make the phone run slow and affect battery life like bloat on android does

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii