any decent motherboard chassis that wont break my bank?

so i have a supermicro x9drw-itpf+ it requires an E-ATX server chassis due to its funky shape, supermicro sells a case made for it for ~1.5k USD, but i dont want to pay that high of a price for a simple chassis, i dont want to spend more then 150 USD BUT if i have to i can go up some more, anyone got any suggestions? asking chatGPT it suggests an E-ATX server chassis or a mid tower computer case which i dont think is gonna work at all. so im looking for suggestions here, i have tried a server chassis that claims to do ATX and E-ATX but its just slightly off...... by a good 3 inches.

i need a 2U or higher

Zipties and pegboard. Worked like a charm for me.
Or just not use that board. If you're in a major metro you should be able to find cast off servers for 150-200

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

i dout it have normal moputing holes so it be all custem.

how long is the mb?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Specific-alike size, to hell with ChatGPT.

Yeah, just get... some other board.

28 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Zipties and pegboard. Worked like a charm for me.
Or just not use that board. If you're in a major metro you should be able to find cast off servers for 150-200

ive ziptie mounted coolers (775 copper core) but never actually thought of ziptieing mobos, actually looks like a pretty decent idea as long as the surface isnt conductive

and 150$ might aswell get a china dual 2011-3 board or a regular dual socket 2011-3 board if you can find one for cheap, a pair of 2670 2683 or 2695/6/7 v3 xeons depending on how many cores you want, turbo unlock for max turbo freq on all cores, and now you have a much faster system

id just go with ziptie mounting the thing rather than spend a bunch of money on worthless lga 2011 server hardware that has been beaten out in both performance and value by 2011-3

1 hour ago, ConanWolf said:

so i have a supermicro x9drw-itpf+ it requires an E-ATX server chassis due to its funky shape, supermicro sells a case made for it for ~1.5k USD, but i dont want to pay that high of a price for a simple chassis, i dont want to spend more then 150 USD BUT if i have to i can go up some more, anyone got any suggestions? asking chatGPT it suggests an E-ATX server chassis or a mid tower computer case which i dont think is gonna work at all. so im looking for suggestions here, i have tried a server chassis that claims to do ATX and E-ATX but its just slightly off...... by a good 3 inches.

i need a 2U or higher

E-ATX is generally regarded as 12x13, this is nearly 13x17, you are a long way off EATX. Not many choices for you unfortunately. Either pay the supermicro tax or make something yourself.

4 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

E-ATX is generally regarded as 12x13, this is nearly 13x17, you are a long way off EATX. Not many choices for you unfortunately. Either pay the supermicro tax or make something yourself.

that sucks, right now the board has been running on a box for the time being but i was hoping i could some how find something within my price range to mount it in...

48 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Specific-alike size, to hell with ChatGPT.

Yeah, just get... some other board.

i already own the motherboard and i cant return it

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

ive ziptie mounted coolers (775 copper core) but never actually thought of ziptieing mobos, actually looks like a pretty decent idea as long as the surface isnt conductive

and 150$ might aswell get a china dual 2011-3 board or a regular dual socket 2011-3 board if you can find one for cheap, a pair of 2670 2683 or 2695/6/7 v3 xeons depending on how many cores you want, turbo unlock for max turbo freq on all cores, and now you have a much faster system

id just go with ziptie mounting the thing rather than spend a bunch of money on worthless lga 2011 server hardware that has been beaten out in both performance and value by 2011-3

i mostly needed it for the ram slots, which is why i have it

are you wanting to put it in a server rack or any case?

you might be able of find a u rack that it will fit but i dont no.

there are big case witch it might fit... but it be drilling and mounting it and no pcie slots will line up thow. same gos for the psu im guess its not atx?

other then making a box out of wood or something.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

are you wanting to put it in a server rack or any case?

you might be able of find a u rack that it will fit but i dont no.

there are big case witch it might fit... but it be drilling and mounting it and no pcie slots will line up thow. same gos for the psu im guess its not atx?

other then making a box out of wood or something.

tbh i just want to put it in something, as for the power supply i have ATX PSU running it but i also have a standard server power supply i can use as well if i do need to swap it, anything i get will be modified with quieter fans, i dont plan on having a that noise going on at all times, as for making it out of wood, i could do that if there is no other way....

1 minute ago, ConanWolf said:

tbh i just want to put it in something, as for the power supply i have ATX PSU running it but i also have a standard server power supply i can use as well if i do need to swap it, anything i get will be modified with quieter fans, i dont plan on having a that noise going on at all times, as for making it out of wood, i could do that if there is no other way....

well i need to no the length and width. but just to be clear like i said its diy mounting.

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well i need to no the length and width. but just to be clear like i said its diy mounting.

oh sorry ya the dimensions are "16.50" (L) x 12.80" (W) (419.10 mm x 325.12 mm)" according to the manual

6 minutes ago, ConanWolf said:

oh sorry ya the dimensions are "16.50" (L) x 12.80" (W) (419.10 mm x 325.12 mm)" according to the manual

The Enthoo Pro 2

might fit say it can do 330mm w and total L is like 510mm🤷‍♂️

Likely not, you might not just be able to stick that thing right on the mounting holes...

you got to realize the ones UNDER the regular ATX holes, are there for an ITX board.

looking at it, i might not be able to use it? i dont know for sure, but it looks like the HDD bays are gonna be in the way, i can order it and see for sure, but im not gonna keep my hopes up with it

Don't, it's an expensive case and you don't want an expensive, unworkable case for your board.

Just now, ConanWolf said:

looking at it, i might not be able to use it? i dont know for sure, but it looks like the HDD bays are gonna be in the way, i can order it and see for sure, but im not gonna keep my hopes up with it

actually thats not gonna work looking at a better diagram that you posted, it would be covering the extra cooling sections without any support, and thats assuming there are no other obstructions in the way there.

40 minutes ago, ConanWolf said:

all the drive will be removed and mos likey have to drill and do mouts to suport the mb going off the mb tray... but i dont no what els

there other big case but cost more moeny

like thrmaltake core 100 /200

corsair obsidian 1000

Thermaltake The Core P6 maybe?

Thermaltake Core P8

Thermaltake Core P3 might be able to mount it to this?

doont think it will fint in this Thermaltake Tower 900

posably a little devil case? https://www.ldcooling.com/

this is an old pc site and its sketchy but they make big custom case...

https://www.mountainmods.com/

anidees AI Crystal XL PRO is another one if you can find it. nothing in Canada... but might stil be some in the us🤷‍♂️

lian li v 3000 plus has a L of 23 inch by 15 inch

Raijintek Eris Evo

Raijintek Enyo Grand Tour

Raijintek has some big case too

Cooler Master's HAF 700 Evo but looks tight...

Edited by thrasher_565

This motherboard would seem to be designed for rack-mounted chassis, not regular ATX cases. Its screwing holes do also not match any from ATX chassis. It would be better to grab an empty rackmount chassis that can fit this board, including those listed on Supermicro's website.

Yeah, that motherboard is designed for a few very specific SuperMicro chassis. Older SuperMicro stuff isn't terribly expensive on the used market. 

Either that or switch platforms to something like a PowerEdge R720 or T620. Those support the same processor family and have more RAM slots, and they're almost literally a dime a dozen these days.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 4/24/2024 at 10:23 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

ziptieing mobos

or open air frame. I dont know of any that are designed to support server boards, but you can always get a big slab of wood (or any other material), and sink some standoffs.

Or get some random chassis from ebay. Depend on the actual chassis its .. well, about $300, but why do you even have this board in the first place. It's not even like a particularly amazing board. It's a X9, though I guess you just have it lying around.

It's not eATX or EEB, I don't know what you are talking about.

Physical Stats
line_yellow.gif
Form Factor
  • Proprietary WIO
Dimensions
  • 12.8" x 16.5" (32.5cm x 41.9cm)

The 9DRW-iF is an eATX sized WIO board (12x13 inch). But the 7TPF/iTPF is not.

It's ... a good 3.5 inch longer than eATX.

Ooo ... Does the Thermaltake Core W100 support that?
It support a 600mm GPU, so the board should definitely fit.

1 hour ago, CDR_Xavier said:

or open air frame. I dont know of any that are designed to support server boards, but you can always get a big slab of wood (or any other material), and sink some standoffs.

thatd work too

1 hour ago, CDR_Xavier said:

support a 600mm GPU

they be futureproofing for the rtx 6090