'Unbeatable' Cinavia Anti-Piracy Technology Cracked by DVD-Ranger

JantsoP

Cinavia's anti-piracy technology has been a thorn in the side of many file-sharers, who are unable to pay pirated files on their DVD-players without being interrupted by a warning message. In a breakthrough development, software vendor DVD-Ranger has cracked the protection, including for popular movies downloaded from pirate sites.

Cinavia’s anti-piracy technology relies on a unique type of watermarking that allows it to remain present in pirated movies despite re-recording, transcoding, compression, or other type of transfer.

This means that camcordings of Cinavia-protected first-run movies, Blu-ray and DVDrips can be easily detected.

Well i kinda saw this happening. Nothing is secure nowadays. I hope tough Cinavia will do something to fix this since this bad for movie business

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/dvd-ranger-cracks-unbeatable-cinavia-anti-piracy-system-140524/

i thought it got cracked a long time ago

and why bother in the first place just use an hdcp stripper and a capture card

i guess this is good for the average joe who wants to backup his DVDs from wear and tear

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i thought it got cracked a long time ago

and why bother in the first place just use an hdcp stripper and a capture card

i guess this is good for the average joe who wants to backup his DVDs from wear and tear

No. Audio tracks where basicly remuxed to trough Cinavia off guard. Now it can be totaly broken w/o encoding anything again

And its not that simple tough. I know since i have histroy on Torrent Scene (Finnish)

f530a7d7_talk-like-a-pirate-meme-generat

:ph34r: ninja still hates bad pirates

Details separate people.

they should just stop this shit.

But it's clearly super effective...lol

I remember when Sony initially updated the PS3 with Cinavia, and I tried to watch the Hangover 2 at my neighbors house, takes about 4 minutes before it stops.

I actually like that they broke the copyright, i have loads of DVD's that i do indeed backup to my media PC.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I actually like that they broke the copyright, i have loads of DVD's that i do indeed backup to my media PC.

PC players like VLC have always ignored Cinavia anyway.

PC players like VLC have always ignored Cinavia anyway.

True, but there are other media players, not everyone enjoys VLC too ;)

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I remember when Sony initially updated the PS3 with Cinavia, and I tried to watch the Hangover 2 at my neighbors house, takes about 4 minutes before it stops.

Same thing happened to me while watching Wall-E, I admit to own a big collection of blu-ray discs, but it's so easy to watch them digitally.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Same thing happened to me while watching Wall-E, I admit to own a big collection of blu-ray discs, but it's so easy to watch them digitally.

Yeah, with some of the epic codecs we have now you can compress a blu-ray down significantly and not lose too much if you watch on a reasonable size TV.

I watch on a 37'' 1080p TV and even the YIFY (heavily compressed) rips look ok from across the room. :)

Yeah, with some of the epic codecs we have now you can compress a blu-ray down significantly and not lose too much if you watch on a reasonable size TV.

I watch on a 37'' 1080p TV and even the YIFY (heavily compressed) rips look ok from across the room. :)

Those are the ones I watch on a 42" TV, they still look good, I think they are called "YTS" now, excellent source. I often wonder what will happen to blu-rays about 10 years from now. I love them... but sometimes I'm too lazy to use a disc.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

even the YIFY (heavily compressed) rips look ok from across the room. :)

YIFY rips look ok 

2FohEFX.jpg?1

Hitler wasn't that bad.

Error: 410

Call me crazy, but I sincerely believe that all these various types of anti piracy and other locks only encourage more piracy if only out of pure spite.

Man, I have a Samsung blu-ray ODD that doesn't even want to play dual layer dvds OR blu rays. It also has a dumb locking system that only gives you 4 chances to switch the region to watch region locked discs. After changing the lock 4 times, you're stuck. Not even a reformatting will reset it. So basically I have a 40 dollar overpriced CD burner. Crap like that, hardware and software only working against the consumer is going to make them angry and rebel.

2FohEFX.jpg?1

Hitler wasn't that bad.

Image made me lol, but..

I said 'OK' from across the room, while pointing out they are heavily compressed.

if it's a film I'm not overly excited about/don't know much about I'll YIFY it to save space, if it's good/I want to keep it I will pull better one from usenet.

I like YIFY because they have a nice website to browse, I treat it like hardware store socket sets, I buy the massive socket set for cheap and when something breaks because I use it often I'll buy a SnapOn replacement that's better quality.

I stand by my statement, on my 37'' display from my sofa on the other side of this room they look OK, the sound is a bit lossy but the framerate is bang on.

Image made me lol, but..

I said 'OK' from across the room, while pointing out they are heavily compressed.

if it's a film I'm not overly excited about/don't know much about I'll YIFY it to save space, if it's good/I want to keep it I will pull better one from usenet.

I like YIFY because they have a nice website to browse, I treat it like hardware store socket sets, I buy the massive socket set for cheap and when something breaks because I use it often I'll buy a SnapOn replacement that's better quality.

I stand by my statement, on my 37'' display from my sofa on the other side of this room they look OK, the sound is a bit lossy but the framerate is bang on.

I think I tried a YIFY rip once on a 55" across a room, nevermind a PC monitor. 

Never again. 

I had to go YIFY for some hard to get movies, or when I was running really low on space. Redownloaded better quality when I bought a new HDD. Some YIFY rips are just plain painful to look at. 

Let's play a game: If you can count the number of years since you last purchased a PC game in Optical Media as your first choice (meaning if it was used or discounted then by all means) and you have to use less than 2 hands to count, you are doing it wrong.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Never again. 

I had to go YIFY for some hard to get movies, or when I was running really low on space. Redownloaded better quality when I bought a new HDD. Some YIFY rips are just plain painful to look at. 

They also post a lot of classic movies which tend to be quite noisy anyway, I often keep those.

I wouldn't watch them on a bigger display than mine, if you study them of course they are lossy, but the file size is still impressive for what you're looking at.

I will grab maybe 20 movies at at time, stick em all in xbmc and put one on (you can browse a folder rather than whole library to isolate new batches), if I don't like it I skip to the next, the ones I like I'll find some nicer files to archive, the rest will get deleted.

It's useful for stuff that's not on Netflix, and takes a hell of a lot less time to gather small browsing libraries like mentioned above than it does to pull higher file sizes before you know what you want.

It's also useful for discovering good music in the OSTs of some more obscure movies, I love a good sountrack.

Never again. 

Will agree. That is why I usually get full BD50. I just play them in TMT.

As for file compression, I tries a few of YTS rips, but they are just too noisy(visual wise). The high compression really makes image quality suffer, including the color space.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Let's play a game: If you can count the number of years since you last purchased a PC game in Optical Media as your first choice (meaning if it was used or discounted then by all means) and you have to use less than 2 hands to count, you are doing it wrong.

Sonic R.

That must have been 99 or 00. 

Mass effect 2 free postage sealed and was a fraction of the price digitally just used the cd key on origin and installed with the disc since my internet is fucking appalling same with BF3. Bam take that