He Spent 3 YEARS Begging me for a PC. Good Luck Finding it!

Shahrad

Thanks again to Ridge for sponsoring this video! Check them out at https://lmg.gg/Ridge-Apr24-LTT and use the code LINUS to get 10% off and free shipping!

We are sick and tired of people asking Linus for a Free PC! That's why today we decided to create THE ULTIMATE PC SCAVENGER HUNT!!! Can you figure out the clues and find the PC?

11 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

I hope someone other than the annoying kid finds this. 

Valer posted a comment on the video saying he found it. They put it in his home country. I’m happy for him! Though I can see how it can be annoying and Linus talked about it

Edited by filpo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Don’t encourage the YouTube beggars. Most annoying shit having to dig through a billion useless comments of people begging for free stuff on the internet to get to any remotely readable discussion.

Same stuff happens to anything related to moderately expensive content.

Just now, 8tg said:

Don’t encourage the YouTube beggars. Most annoying shit having to dig through a billion useless comments of people begging for free stuff on the internet to get to any remotely readable discussion.

to be fair, it wasn't a YouTube beggar but instead an Instagram begger and they established pretty explicitly that it's never going to happen again.

I will say I think they probably could have done slightly fewer clues though probably since it is pretty obvious that it's was hidden in Bucharest. Not being Romanian I would need to do a bit more  google fu but like the mention of something that France has but is older and saying arch makes it obvious that one of the clues would be the Roman victory arch there.

25 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Apparently he found it

post.PNG

Doubt this is even close but heres my guess

Best of luck, to whoever gets there first 

GARA DE NORD, Piata Garii de Nord 1-3, Bucuresti ZIP Code 010858

Code is 0124666331710

Edit: Turns out he found it so congrats is my guess even correct? 

Piecing together the clues as the video plays:

image.png.ade33ca4325e20a874316afc7f613e4c.png

Spoiler

At first I thought "go south until you find yourself north" had something to do with the Canadian embassy that's vaguely south of the first big landmark, but nope that's a red herring.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

This unfortunately is going to open the floodgates. Like, sure, if you're cool with doing this, fine. But you start doing this too often what is going to happen is people are just going to follow Linus around when they see him in public and harass him.

Gigabyte A520i is a great choice for  an AM4 mainboard.

To be fair a well designed scavenger hunt scattered across a couple of videos could be fun.

People never go out of business.

17 minutes ago, Kisai said:

This unfortunately is going to open the floodgates. Like, sure, if you're cool with doing this, fine. But you start doing this too often what is going to happen is people are just going to follow Linus around when they see him in public and harass him.

Yeah, like I know MrBeast CONSTANTLY gets asked in public if they can have "ten thousand dollars" as if he's a walking ATM just handing out money. I expect all that will happen in Linus's is more people in the comments will beg for "free PC because I need it for school!!".

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

53 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Let em, he did specifically state in the video "Anyone who does this anymore can be shadow banned by the community team, and they've been encouraged to do so."

So, it may happen, but very quickly will stop happening, cuz they can't message or comment anymore.  

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

5 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

5 hours ago, 8tg said:

He picked the least aggressive sentenced but still begging one out of already a crazy number that have already asked his social media.

Linus did say "Anyone that does this now will be message banned from said social media."

IMO he made this video to do one person but also made it so that he can say hey don't be crazy to our social media.

But yeah I agree this is stupid no one is going to listen linus, its probably the most dumb thing I have seen.

ROG rig reboot was a series that was good because contestants had to get creative to make a pitch to get to the point. not beg.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 hours ago, Kisai said:

people are just going to follow Linus around when they see him in public and harass him.

Bold to assume hes a very public person outside of the internet.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 hours ago, IDontGottaName said:

Doubt this is even close but heres my guess

Best of luck, to whoever gets there first 

GARA DE NORD, Piata Garii de Nord 1-3, Bucuresti ZIP Code 010858

Code is 0124666331710

Edit: Turns out he found it so congrats is my guess even correct? 

Not from Romania, but from a neighbouring country, your guess looks spot on!
You can even see the Bucharest Nord locker room's floor reflection in the LTT video (it has highly specific floor tile)
image.thumb.png.32a0c39edbbca4442ec8f967fdde2a7b.png
image.thumb.png.7667a657deaa27726261b95f73a89705.png

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g294458-d1987385-i165539683-Springtime_Gara_de_Nord-Bucharest.html

Edited by PreyK

I knew this video was coming from watching the WAN show, but after seeing "I did a thing" reference it in a somewhat recent video, I thought this would be more of a direct reference to what bobby fingers does on his youtube channel. Was even disappointed after ctrl-Fing some youtube comments and seeing no mention.

It's a great youtube channel, I'd suggest watching at least one of his videos.

I was so sure it was the Canadian Embassy

South until you're North... The Canadian Embassy is a few blocks south of the starting point, but I found the lockers one street over.

What a shame I'm not Romanian.

Edited by LogicalDrm
Prepare for merge

8 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

its about the free PC video released today

oh, yea mb im not very smart 

Fun video but seriously, you're giving the greenlight for more spam and begging. Doesn't seem well thought-out given the obvious secondary and tertiary negative effects. 

I thought it was entertaining. Love the videos where they intentionally and actively sass someone through the camera. Generally feels like the team are having fun doing it. Like all the digs at Dbrand being stupid during the Illuminati build. I'm sure it will increase the beggars, but if the team do start banning anyone who does so, it should lower the overall number fairly quickly. And we got a nice video out of the situation too.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 | Zotac GTX 680 AMP | Samsung 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB WD Black 2TB | Coolermaster HAF X | Stock Cooler | Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W ARGB | Windows 10 Pro

Logitech G35 7.1 Surround | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | LG 27MP48HQ

10 hours ago, kruemelmonsterxD said:

Apparently he found it

Maybe I'm just mean but I was hoping LTT had removed all the internals and left a middle finger inside the case.

3 hours ago, FreddyWestside said:

I was so sure it was the Canadian Embassy

South until you're North... The Canadian Embassy is a few blocks south of the starting point, but I found the lockers one street over.

What a shame I'm not Romanian.

Merged to official video thread. Please note in future that if you make vague or non-existent references, your threads and posts will be treated as such. So either add enough context to give others idea what you are talking about, or post to thread where the background information is already stated.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This video just didn't sit right with me, rewarding someone for this behaviour.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7