[US] $460 Seiki 4k TV

Guerrero

4K 30HZ, meh. Good deal for a 120hz 1080 though. and 4k 30hz is fine considering its a TV and most show's run 24fps

Diamond 5 in League :)

Seriously, these TVs are cheap chinese crap that has horrible colours and contrast ratio. I would buy a $2500 Samsung 4k TV over this crap any day.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wow. I didn't know that Newegg were stocking these things now. Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these, mainly due to the Seiki brand which I only just heard of a couple of days ago.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

This is the 10th time somone posted this...

Nvm this is 40 USD cheaper than  usual

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Wow. I didn't know that Newegg were stocking these things now. Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these, mainly due to the Seiki brand which I only just heard of a couple of days ago.

It's been all over LTT for the past year or so I think, you should have heard of the brand if you've been following tech news in any vague way.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Seriously, these TVs are cheap chinese crap that has horrible colours and contrast ratio. I would buy a $2500 Samsung 4k TV over this crap any day.

hehe no you wouldn't

This is the 10th time somone posted this...

Nvm this is 40 USD cheaper than  usual

that $40 dollars off = the world

backpain-1292835351.jpg

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

hehe no you wouldn't

Yea I actually would. Will. In about 1-2 years I pan on buying one of samsung's 55" 4k tvs, I am just waiting for HDMI 2.0

Also I might go for a curved 21:9 4k tv if the price is under $5k

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@Enderman How can it be 21:9 when 4K is 8:3. Do the mathematics I can see you getting that sweet OLED curved tv.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

It's been all over LTT for the past year or so I think, you should have heard of the brand if you've been following tech news in any vague way.

I may have seen the name before but my terrible memory may have fooled me.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

@Enderman How can it be 21:9 when 4K is 8:3. Do the mathematics I can see you getting that sweet OLED curved tv.

Well 4k 21:9 is actually called 5k because it is 5120 by 2160 p

But it is easier to understand '4k' since thats what most people are familiar with.

The only problem is that the 5k curved tvs are 105" and I'm only looking for something between 50 and 70"

In the near future I am sure more innovation will happen in this area.

Spoiler