Look at this free PC I found at the dump!

yea i mean it has a great psu too and also a gtx 1070, that card alone goes for a hunge used.

does this thing work? any storage drives were left in it?

Jesus Christ, an H5 Ultimate. What I wouldn't give to have one of those cooling my rig again.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Not a bad find, especially for free.99.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

21 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

yea i mean it has a great psu too and also a gtx 1070, that card alone goes for a hunge used.

does this thing work? any storage drives were left in it?

Yeah, i just got it to boot, the cpu and dram lights were on, but I just reseated them and it works fine! It didn't have any storage drives in it.

20240413_231348.jpg

1 hour ago, 2many_jnmaes said:

Yeah, i just got it to boot, the cpu and dram lights were on, but I just reseated them and it works fine! It didn't have any storage drives in it.

20240413_231348.jpg

Pretty good for $Free

Cryorig, 1070, evga psu. That's a really solid find. Why would someone dump that?

buy yourself 2x8gb sticks of DDR4 and get dual channel out of it, and a cheap SSD, and you'll be running fine.

My suggestion:  Other than RAM and a SSD, don't sick money into upgrading this.  Any more than that and you'll be wasting it on money that could go towards a better PC.

On 4/19/2024 at 11:31 AM, StarsMars said:

Cryorig, 1070, evga psu. That's a really solid find. Why would someone dump that?

Someone probably wanted an upgrade so they can get 360 fps on their 10 year old 60hz office monitor and didn’t know that there is a website called eBay where you can sell things. 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

PCI-E 3.0, DDR4 and NVMe for FREE? lucky you ...

either the previous owner just did not care - or wasn't aware of that this still has some value for home lab

6 hours ago, Muuh said:

PCI-E 3.0, DDR4 and NVMe for FREE? lucky you ...

either the previous owner just did not care - or wasn't aware of that this still has some value for home lab

Probably wasn't worth it to them.

I see a lot of "usable PC's" from time to time either in the recycling room or at the Encorp recycling depots, and really anything older than a 8th gen is probably "too old" to salvage unless you want to make a Linux box with it.

10 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Probably wasn't worth it to them.

I see a lot of "usable PC's" from time to time either in the recycling room or at the Encorp recycling depots, and really anything older than a 8th gen is probably "too old" to salvage unless you want to make a Linux box with it.

I definitely get that feeling of not being bothered to sell old(er) stuff, but at that point I just gift it to someone who can use it. Throwing it away is just weird imo.

It is a nice find, but I can also see where someone would just dump it rather than sell it ....  I don't want to risk getting murdered for a couple hundred dollar facebook market place pc sale personally.

I would have dropped it off at goodwill or something..but I can see someone just not wanting to deal with it.

8 hours ago, atarione said:

I don't want to risk getting murdered for a couple hundred dollar facebook market place pc sale personally.

Plus they'll want you to support it afterwards.  I'd rather dump or donate as well.

2FVAabd.jpg