McDonald's Locations to start using Facial Biometrics for Time Clock.

On 4/13/2024 at 7:20 AM, Eigenvektor said:

Never heard of a company doing this, nor do I think this would fly anywhere in Europe. "Reasonable time" is also very non-descriptive. I'd say if people want to fight this, now is the time, once it's been established it's too late.

mention of europe reminds me, been working in a large facility where majority of people would sign "in", work an hour or two, then sign "out" with a time late in the evenings... all manually of course...

then after a year or so the company made the process "electronic" so you couldn't cheat... then people just signed "in", worked an hour, left to go home, came back 6 hours later, worked an hour and signed "out". 

so definitely that worked out well!

Deutsche Post btw xD

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 4/13/2024 at 1:08 AM, SynisterE5 said:

difficult to feel comfortable with them having that data

They have a photo copy of both your license and social security card (at least that’s what employers in Michigan have). With that you’re already compromised. So this really isn’t going to be an issue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

also herd of md not paying people...but i mean there robots around the corner....

one store i worked at had it to "try" the system and it wast time if some one comes in late you have to go spent time to change it on the system...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

but i mean there robots around the corner....

With $20 min wage in California I have a feeling robots are not around the corner but already here. I know at least one restaurant out there was fully automated, I forget the name. I also seen a CNBC special on how some fast food places were using robots, at a White Castle location they stated they used one for the fryer station. Which in hindsight is probably the most dangerous job in a fast food restaurant. 

Most people look at automation at fast food as a bad thing. Honestly I look at it more positively. Yes we are taking away jobs, but these are jobs people dont really want. However food could become cheaper, there could be more consistency when it comes to quality. Plus that also takes the punching bag (the fast food worker) out of the equation. Too many people feel entitled to use workers as punching bags. Not to mention Ive seen too many times on the news customers shooting at fast food workers. If you dont like that people make mistakes then take your lazy ass to the grocery store and buy ingredients and make your own food. 

Tin foil hat: I wonder if they got any funding from the justice department for this to deal with people on parole.   

28 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

With $20 min wage in California I have a feeling robots are not around the corner but already here. I know at least one restaurant out there was fully automated, I forget the name. I also seen a CNBC special on how some fast food places were using robots, at a White Castle location they stated they used one for the fryer station. Which in hindsight is probably the most dangerous job in a fast food restaurant. 

Most people look at automation at fast food as a bad thing. Honestly I look at it more positively. Yes we are taking away jobs, but these are jobs people dont really want. However food could become cheaper, there could be more consistency when it comes to quality. Plus that also takes the punching bag (the fast food worker) out of the equation. Too many people feel entitled to use workers as punching bags. Not to mention Ive seen too many times on the news customers shooting at fast food workers. If you dont like that people make mistakes then take your lazy ass to the grocery store and buy ingredients and make your own food. 

ya its been planed to be automated for a long time and the first place to do it. its sad but it is what it is. there will be no one and you will love it...

here a video about what its like atm not everywhere but was going to be the stop gap between automation. md makes all the moeny well the store owner losses moeny its a monoplay. they coudnt give a fuc+ if they sell food or not.

i seen an 8mill automated grocry store with 2 people... its just a mater of time and when not if. the problem is if people dont have jobs whos going to be shoping? do the rich eat at md no.

Food Theory matpat has one were he talks about one store having all in one kinda like in this video but i cant find the video.

the price will not go down because of robots just saying the price never drops like never... they might make the size smaller or "improve" the ingredients to cuts cost but no savings ever EVER gos to the consumer.

evry time the minim wage gos up people have less moeny because everything els also gos up. they cut hours or just fire you... only the best will have a low pay job like in china. everyone has an A degree to work on an assembly line... dont like it your gone.

most things in the store is made by robots all ready and the price keeps going up.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

17 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

seen an 8mill automated grocry store with 2 people... its just a mater of time and when not if.

Wont work here in the US. There has been sooooooo much theft at Self Checkouts, that there is talk about bringing cashiers back and putting self check behind a paywall, at least at Walmart. 

To me automation does make a lot of sense for fast food. When it comes to retail I think we still got a bit of time. Even Amazon came out and said their staffless stores were not staffless after all. 

10 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Wont work here in the US. There has been sooooooo much theft at Self Checkouts, that there is talk about bringing cashiers back and putting self check behind a paywall, at least at Walmart. 

To me automation does make a lot of sense for fast food. When it comes to retail I think we still got a bit of time. Even Amazon came out and said their staffless stores were not staffless after all. 

they will only do something if the theft is more then the cost of wages. walmart has like 2 people for like 20 Checkouts the amount of wages there saving is nuts. but its just the begining things will change.

all we missing is deliveroy to be automated...

its depressing to look up but its here evry job is being automated...

Edited by thrasher_565

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

hey will only do something if the theft is more then the cost of wages. walmart has like 2 people for like 20 Checkouts the amount of wages there saving is nuts. but its just the begining things will change.

They are doing something. Some Walmarts have started to close. They do try to check receipt BUT state law says they cant force you to show a receipt. People are either scanning items that are of lesser value, changing barcodes to an item priced less or just blatantly walking out of a cart full. Asset Protection cant do shit. The police wont do shit. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

They are doing something. Some Walmarts have started to close. They do try to check receipt BUT state law says they cant force you to show a receipt. People are either scanning items that are of lesser value, changing barcodes to an item priced less or just blatantly walking out of a cart full. Asset Protection cant do shit. The police wont do shit. 

i no i watch videos about this all the time its in law. there so many case they cant all be handled courtrooms are full. we need a juge dred...🤔

basically we are Fu+ed. in to the fire we go.

1 hour ago, thiccbeard4linux said:

Facial recognition will be used for union busting

How?