MetallicAcid's Monolith FT03

MetallicAcid

*evil laugh*

I prefer spoilerless posts, I'd rather scroll than click on spoiler

buttons all the time. :D

Yeah, but do you like scrolling on and on forever just to see pics? :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

180mm fans on a 200mm res? interesting choice...

My 180mm dual was a monster @ 45mm thick. That must be exceptionally imposing.

I can imagine the conversation with your wife if it's anything like they are with mine...

"look at it! LOOK AT IT!"

"....."

"...you don't understand..."

"..... " *walks away*

Oh all of y'all with your wives while i'm sitting here wondering how the hell you guys get wives in the first place. lol.

well, that is a giant rad. This is going to be one awesome build!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

DAT RAD! gief me needs it much!

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

180mm fans on a 200mm res? interesting choice...

My 180mm dual was a monster @ 45mm thick. That must be exceptionally imposing.

I can imagine the conversation with your wife if it's anything like they are with mine...

"look at it! LOOK AT IT!"

"....."

"...you don't understand..."

"..... " *walks away*

Hahaha. That is a "conversation" that I have had with my wife many times.. :P

*evil laugh*

I prefer spoilerless posts, I'd rather scroll than click on spoiler

buttons all the time. :D

MUHUAUHAHAHAHAA

Well there is a table of contents now hyperlinked to the actual post. You can now skip all of the "fluff" and "waffling" ;)

Oh all of y'all with your wives while i'm sitting here wondering how the hell you guys get wives in the first place. lol.

I wonder the same thing every day Gilbert..

Forgot to say; Jesus that rad is HUGE Think you have enough surface area to cool the entire rig?

Well I hope so. A regular 360 rad gives 1296000mm (360x120x30mm) whilst this rad gives 6800000 (400x200x85mm). If I have read correctly, I could in theory passively cool the entire loop.

well, that is a giant rad. This is going to be one awesome build!

Thanks mate. I am still  shocked with it's size!

Cool, I might consider putting it into my sleeper build, will be a good upgrade to not only cool the cards, but increase the free air space in my case too haha.

I would like to see the progress. Make sure to link me when/if you do it :)

dat rad 

:3

Hopefully some pictures will be posted up of the painted case panels today. Stay tuned :D

/Justin

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

newbie question
how hard is to make something like this without the fancy stuff? 
just mounting the rad there 

Uhm, yes, that's why I'm in the build log section in the first place. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRR GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDD DA BABY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE I WANNA PICK HER UP AND GIVE HER A HUG OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMGGGGGGGGG!!!

Hey guys! 

I don't have so much of a big update but rather that I have just finished painting the panels in a matt carbon black colour. The reason why I have done this is because the anodizing was sun damaged and started to turn a gold/pink colour. So I just gave all of the panels a nice sanding, thorough clean then a few coats of the paint, and finally a clear coat. 

They turned out very nice :)

untitled-1-2_zps01f836a7.jpg

In other news, I went to the hardware store to get the U-profile aluminium, but the stores' personnel could not find it. I have one on back order, and it should arrive in a few days. I also ordered the ASUS Armor Kit for the Z87 Gryphon motherboard today, and that too should arrive this week.

That is it from me for now. Take care :D

Justin.

newbie question

how hard is to make something like this without the fancy stuff? 

just mounting the rad there 

Well personally I think it is easy... I am going to use some aluminium u-channel and drill holes in both ends. I will tap one side with the size M3, with the other side having slightly larger. The side with the larger holes will sit between the rad and fans, with the fans screws holding the u-channel in place. The sides with the tapped holes will be attached to the case back panel with M3 screws. The tricky thing is to get the drilled holes to line up. Nothing really fancy I reckon.

oh yeah the computers pretty cool too.

Haha, thanks :)

/Justin

i have another newbie question what if you touch the rad? static electricity  will go through and damage the components? or you can touch it all the time?

MetallicAcid's FT03 Project

FT03header_zps9c1bc470.jpg

Hello guys and girls of modding and welcome to my project build log!

The introduction

I am about to kick off another project that I have been designing for roughly 2 months now. I have this perfect opportunity to work on this project whilst I wait for PC components to come in for my ongoing black and gold Silverstone TJ07 project. The TJ07 project has been put on hold for 2 months, so the end of July is my deadline to finish this Silverstone FT03 project. This will be my fourth project since May 2013.

The project

This project is primarily a simple upgrade for my personal gaming rig, to turn it more into a design capable PC with boosted CPU power and looks to kill. This PC will have an upgraded CPU coming from an i5 2500k to an i7 4770k. I will also have a fully upgraded watercooling loop which will also include the GPU this time. The radiator will be no less than an 85mm thick MONSTA Phobya 400x200mm radiator sitting on the back of the FT03 case like a backpack of sorts. lastly, this project will feature aluminium "armour" panels to give it a unique look and make the external rad tie into the overall design.

The hardware

Intel Core i7 4770K

ASUS Gryphon Z87 mATX

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133mhz

Samsung 840 Pro 512GB

ASUS Geforce GTX780 3GB

Corsair AX850w

Silverstone Fortress FT03

Custom watercooled loog

The Renders

untitled42_zpsfc96179c.jpg

untitled43_zpsc8c2c5ea.jpg

untitled44_zpse275d54b.jpg

untitled45_zps73810afe.jpg

untitled49_zps6547a052.jpg

untitled41_zps63a3f62f.jpg

untitled46_zps7cf72c4f.jpg

untitled47_zps27d15f38.jpg

untitled48_zps5659a1fc.jpg

untitled50_zps12ab3f02.jpg

untitled53_zps5e3a3680.jpg

untitled35_zps5a8b82f1.jpg

untitled51_zps7bc1c04a.jpg

untitled52_zps60f938dd.jpg

untitled54_zps2a27d7b4.jpg

FT0370_zpsb73d4e81.jpg

FT0371_zps56fb3d72.jpg

FT0368_zps59e78211.jpg

FT0369_zps06378a3b.jpg

untitled37_zps793278a8.jpg

FT0357_zpse1693739.jpg

FT0358_zps5bbc7cee.jpg

FT0363_zpsb3633b79.jpg

FT0360_zps22358d05.jpg

FT0362_zps25549116.jpg

FT0366_zps2a9231d8.jpg

FT0367_zpsfc3cd2f8.jpg

The conclusion

So to round things up, this project is going to be (hopefully) short and sweet. The custom aluminium panels I will have CNC milled as I have learnt a CAD program and created all the necessary files. All of the hardware I already own and am currently running as of writing this first post. And lastly I have had a great time designing this project first in SketchUp and learning a professional CAD software (Autodesk Inventor). I can safely say that modding is my passion, and I really hope to make it my profession!

The sponsors

I would like to thank Aquatuning.se for sponsoring the following items to help make this project become more than renders and 3D models:

12170726944l_zpsdb144430.jpg

Phobya Xtreme 400

Phobya G-Silent 18 700rpm Slim black

Vandal proof Power button 16mm White

Alphacool bulkhead fitting G1/4 - deep black

Phobya ATX-bridging plug (24 Pin) - black

The update index

Update 1 - Aquatuning sponsors the project with watercooling

Thank you for your interest in my build log, and I hope that you choose to subscribe and follow this project. Take care.

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

how do you make the renders?
Edited by alpenwasser
spoilerified quote

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

how do you make the renders?

Ahhh no quoting images....

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ahhh no quoting images....

sorry want to know :P

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

MetallicAcid's FT03 Project

Hello guys and girls of modding and welcome to my project build log!

The introduction
I am about to kick off another project that I have been designing for roughly 2 months now. I have this perfect opportunity to work on this project whilst I wait for PC components to come in for my ongoing black and gold Silverstone TJ07 project. The TJ07 project has been put on hold for 2 months, so the end of July is my deadline to finish this Silverstone FT03 project. This will be my fourth project since May 2013.

The project
This project is primarily a simple upgrade for my personal gaming rig, to turn it more into a design capable PC with boosted CPU power and looks to kill. This PC will have an upgraded CPU coming from an i5 2500k to an i7 4770k. I will also have a fully upgraded watercooling loop which will also include the GPU this time. The radiator will be no less than an 85mm thick MONSTA Phobya 400x200mm radiator sitting on the back of the FT03 case like a backpack of sorts. lastly, this project will feature aluminium "armour" panels to give it a unique look and make the external rad tie into the overall design.

The hardware
Intel Core i7 4770K
ASUS Gryphon Z87 mATX
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133mhz
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
ASUS Geforce GTX780 3GB
Corsair AX850w
Silverstone Fortress FT03
Custom watercooled loog

The Renders
he conclusion
So to round things up, this project is going to be (hopefully) short and sweet. The custom aluminium panels I will have CNC milled as I have learnt a CAD program and created all the necessary files. All of the hardware I already own and am currently running as of writing this first post. And lastly I have had a great time designing this project first in SketchUp and learning a professional CAD software (Autodesk Inventor). I can safely say that modding is my passion, and I really hope to make it my profession!

The sponsors
I would like to thank Aquatuning.se for sponsoring the following items to help make this project become more than renders and 3D models:

The update index

Thank you for your interest in my build log, and I hope that you choose to subscribe and follow this project. Take care.
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Do it like that.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

One more thing, how are you going to plug anything to the back i/o when it is going to be covered like that? Is there a latch or door up there?

Prokart2000, on 28 May 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

-snip-

you can do it like this.

One more thing, how are you going to plug anything to the back i/o when it is going to be covered like that? Is there a latch or door up there?

you can do it like this.

Yeah there is, just like normal ft03/mini

Another interesting build, MetallicAcid never fails to suprise :D

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

i have another newbie question what if you touch the rad? static electricity  will go through and damage the components? or you can touch it all the time?

Touching the rad shouldn't damage any components.

It's isolated from the components and grounded on the chassis once it's in place