Youtube's auto generated captions are awful

So I decided to try out Youtube's auto-generated captions. They are terrible. So both as a potential video topic and a way to improve all the LTT channels, I'd like Linus to look into Subtitle editing software and adding premade subtitles to his video library.

PS. This is not a joke. I hate thisbleeping holiday.

46 minutes ago, Dragonwinged said:

So I decided to try out Youtube's auto-generated captions. They are terrible. So both as a potential video topic and a way to improve all the LTT channels, I'd like Linus to look into Subtitle editing software and adding premade subtitles to his video library.

PS. This is not a joke. I hate thisbleeping holiday.

they used to allow anyone to make subtitles for any video and of course the creator/youtuber had to approve it.

But youtube being youtube....decided to remove it for no real reason at all other than to piss everyone off. Honestly...it doesn't make any damn sense. It required the creator to approve said subs....and not to mention tons of people would offer help and what not to ensure that it was legit and not malicious in nature

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Youtube thinks that deaf people should watch incorrect subtitles so as to confuse and mislead them.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

9 hours ago, Dragonwinged said:

They are terrible.

Always have been and aren't getting better.

I dunno - if you really want some fun stuff, I can recommend putting on some Swedish video and ask for for auto caption. It's feeble attempts at making it make sense in English is hilarious. 

That and "Do maternal" when they benchmark Doom Ethernal never grows old

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)