Warzone runs terrible half the time

Akimbohh

When I load into warzone lobby there’s a chance it loads at 30 fps and if I play the game it also runs at 30 fps. but then other times it runs perfectly fine. The attached photo of warzone at bare minimum specs. I’ve reinstalled the game multiple times reset settings done it all..

specs: 

i7 4790k oc to 4.5ghz

rx580 4gb 

24gb of ddr3 (two 8gb sticks and two 4gb sticks)

benchmarks says it’s good no hardware issues (other games run fine and so did warzone until recently)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Issue is probably VRAM. Especially with a 4GB card and if it's that sudden.

I guess you have no choice but to buy a new GPU or cross your fingers for the devs to optimise a bit (That probably won't happen)

25 minutes ago, Attilavsq said:

Issue is probably VRAM. Especially with a 4GB card and if it's that sudden.

I guess you have no choice but to buy a new GPU or cross your fingers for the devs to optimise a bit (That probably won't happen)

I have friends that play on a 1650 And they have no issues. game runs good half the time on mine. I end up reloading it 10 times every session after that it runs perfect until maybe 2 games after.

1.) Game is extremely CPU intensive and your CPU is quite old and underperforming for this game and depending a lot on where you're located on the map and how many players are there in the vicinity the performance will vary a lot.

2.) Same for the VRAM requirements though I haven't played this on 4GB card but I know this game can sometimes allocate almost entire VRAM regardless if it needs it or not, you may run into some areas where you're actually suffering from the lack of VRAM and have to pool your DRAM as a substitute which on DDR3 will be very slow and impact performance quite a bit more than if you were using more modern platform.

I know you mentioned it sometimes run ok... do you always test in the same area on the map at least? The game also tends to run a lot better once more players are eliminated so at the start of the game you may have issues if you land somewhere where there's lots of people and then it can get better towards the end.

Or you may be lucky and land somewhere where there's almost nobody and have the impression the game runs a lot better because of that.

It's a tricky game to benchmark, comparing with friends systems is not that straightforward.

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

1.) Game is extremely CPU intensive and your CPU is quite old and underperforming for this game and depending a lot on where you're located on the map and how many players are there in the vicinity the performance will vary a lot.

2.) Same for the VRAM requirements though I haven't played this on 4GB card but I know this game can sometimes allocate almost entire VRAM regardless if it needs it or not, you may run into some areas where you're actually suffering from the lack of VRAM and have to pool your DRAM as a substitute which on DDR3 will be very slow and impact performance quite a bit more than if you were using more modern platform.

I know you mentioned it sometimes run ok... do you always test in the same area on the map at least? The game also tends to run a lot better once more players are eliminated so at the start of the game you may have issues if you land somewhere where there's lots of people and then it can get better towards the end.

Or you may be lucky and land somewhere where there's almost nobody and have the impression the game runs a lot better because of that.

It's a tricky game to benchmark, comparing with friends systems is not that straightforward.

My performance really depends on how the lobby is running ^^(pic above). but sometimes yes it does run good as long as the lobby before the match was running good. It doesn’t matter where I am on the map performance will always be bad. But then if I restart the game the lobby runs fine I’ll rejoin the match and the game will run perfect. I first thought it was a driver issue but I’ve tried 3 different versions so I’m not sure at this point. CPU isn’t bottlenecking according to task manager.

Yeah, that does sound a little odd. My wife upgraded her PC last summer, but before that she played Warzone regularly on the same CPU, with an Nvidia 970. Your GPU should perform even slightly better I think. Her performance was pretty consistent (1080p medium-ish). 

That being said, we haven't played in ages (prob 6+ months), so maybe something has changed on the game's side too.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:14 PM, Akimbohh said:

My performance really depends on how the lobby is running ^^(pic above). but sometimes yes it does run good as long as the lobby before the match was running good. It doesn’t matter where I am on the map performance will always be bad. But then if I restart the game the lobby runs fine I’ll rejoin the match and the game will run perfect. I first thought it was a driver issue but I’ve tried 3 different versions so I’m not sure at this point. CPU isn’t bottlenecking according to task manager.

yea thats all typical for a cpu bottleneck tho... it won't happen *all the time* but goodnight when it does tho..  ~

taskmanager isnt even an adequate tool to check for cpu bottlenecks either,  especially not with that view that you posted that screenshot of, unless its a 1 core cpu lol.

btw yes, its true, its a very cpu heavy game, much more modern cpus can have a hard time keeping up.

discord and amd crash defender probably aren't helping either tbh. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity