Hey, not sure where else I can post this, but in December I won an avatar 7900xtx from the ltt giveaway, and of course with my luck, it was defective. AMD refuses to  fix it, and I’m out of options. Is there anyone that can help me?

3AFBD6B6-3D46-48F2-9C5C-286663ED7EB7.jpeg

That really sucks to hear it's defective: especially that avatar cooler which looks sick imo. 

I cannot believe that AMD won't warranty the card. Maybe @LinusTech can help you out?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

That really sucks to hear it's defective: especially that avatar cooler which looks sick imo. 

I cannot believe that AMD won't warranty the card. Maybe @LinusTech can help you out?

isn't that kind of illegal? if the value of prize is determined whether it works, the winner got mislead into winning a non-functioning prize, which is AMD's fault because the people who gave away obviously could test it but didn't want to use it, so probably the box was intact all the way from the giveaway to the guy receiving the reward? at least what I think..

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

This is horrible.  Winning a defective product is basically like not winning but with extra steps needed to be taken to get a working product.

Thats not good at all.

Hope this gets sorted asap.

What a reply from AMD as well..

23 minutes ago, podkall said:

isn't that kind of illegal

TBH sadly probably not. 

27 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Maybe @LinusTech can help you out?

Yeah, if he doesn't see this, I'd try reaching out to customer service. 

35 minutes ago, Bio Hazard said:

AMD refuses to  fix it

This is actually bonkers. 
Did you reach out to the giveaway company? 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

3 minutes ago, podkall said:

isn't that kind of illegal? if the value of prize is determined whether it works, the winner got mislead into winning a non-functioning prize, which is AMD's fault because the people who gave away obviously could test it but didn't want to use it, so probably the box was intact all the way from the giveaway to the guy receiving the reward? at least what I think..

Whether that is illegal or not, I can't see the picture besides it being deceptive. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Whether that is illegal or not, I can't see the picture besides it being deceptive. 

exactly, and such beautiful card, I'm not sure if AMD realized how bad publicity stunt it is to refuse something like this

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

2 hours ago, Hinjima said:

This is horrible.  Winning a defective product is basically like not winning but with extra steps needed to be taken to get a working product.

Thats not good at all.

Yeah, and the worst part about it is the rest of the system is useless now

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

TBH sadly probably not. 

Yeah, if he doesn't see this, I'd try reaching out to customer service. 

This is actually bonkers. 
Did you reach out to the giveaway company? 

It was ltt that gave it away and they won’t respond!

5 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Thats not good at all.

It's worse than not winning. They get your hopes up to only crush you down. Like an abusive relationship.

13 hours ago, Bio Hazard said:

It was ltt that gave it away and they won’t respond!

Yeah, but I bet it was a third company (not LMG nor AMD) that actually operated the giveaway. It's a common legal shield.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

Yeah, but I bet it was a third company (not LMG nor AMD) that actually operated the giveaway. It's a common legal shield.

Nope, quite literally ltt on twitter

1 hour ago, Bio Hazard said:

Nope, quite literally ltt on twitter

Via GleamIO.
Contact customer support and see what they say

44 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Via GleamIO.
Contact customer support and see what they say

Gleam IO is merely a method of hosting the giveaway. It is still hosted by ltt to my knowledge 

edit: it is hosted by lttFECBB376-B2C7-4061-9685-B41121094BBB.jpeg.6086b8f608bfcb380264421ba0364402.jpeg

Still no reply from anyone, starting to lose hope. Spent so much money on the rest of my system that I can no longer get back. Guess I should of known I would t be that lucky.

30 minutes ago, Bio Hazard said:

Still no reply from anyone, starting to lose hope. Spent so much money on the rest of my system that I can no longer get back. Guess I should of known I would t be that lucky.

Keep the faith, good brotha. Linus gonna do right by you. Positive affirmations!

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Give it a couple of business days. I’m sure you’ll get a response, keep in mind broken hardware isn’t an emergency.

12 minutes ago, Echothedolpin said:

Give it a couple of business days. I’m sure you’ll get a response, keep in mind broken hardware isn’t an emergency.

If your talking about me emailing them I did so a week ago

25 minutes ago, Bio Hazard said:

Considering how long it takes them to respond to people who buy stuff from them, a week is nothing.  They probably don't even know who is supposed to reply.

Manufacturers refusing to honor warranty just because YOU didn't buy it directly... should be illegal.

Someone else bought it. It's still within the warranty period. This is just gatekeeping warranty service to the first customer, making the warranty void if they ever give or sell it to someone else.

Unfortunately, we elect people who prefer taking bribes from big companies to protect their interests instead of doing good thing for the people.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

15 hours ago, Bio Hazard said:

With the recent launch of cable management I'd imagine they're swamped

26 minutes ago, OddOod said:

With the recent launch of cable management I'd imagine they're swamped

I never thought about that… good point. You just gave me some hope again