Threads keep going cold

Indian pc builder
Go to solution Solved by Lunar River,
15 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Like when the middle of the conversation is going on and I’ve mentioned their response in the post and they just suddenly stop responding on the thread

well if someone has asked for more information to see if they can help, but the more information means a solution is beyond their knowledge, yes they are going to stop replying, which would be preferable to every person that has ever replied in a particular topic replying with "i dont know".

So lets go through each of the threads you linked and think about why they might have stopped replying:

rather specialized networking knowledge is needed about specific products that most people probably wouldn't just know.

you haven't really given a reason for what you want, so how can anyone give an answer on what is "best" when we dont know your usecase? someone asked why not just use normal thermal paste and the mounting hardware for your mother? you basically ignored their question and just asked "but what is best", which comes across as like you dont really understanding what you're asking.

In your opening post, you basically want people to hold your hand, which is something a lot of people probably don't want to have to do, again, comes across as like you dont really understanding what you're asking. i would look at that and think "well, i could try and get more information, but this person is clearly very very new to this, and done no research, if they dont even know if they need or want a streamdeck/goXLR, it is probably going to be too much effort"

which is justified by your reply:

also the guide is useless. Professional encoders? Just say buy an nvidia gpu with nvenc. Btw , do I need nvenc or can I use software encode in obs and use the good encoder built into the current get intel cpus

"just tell creators to get an nvidia GPU with nvenc...but do i even need nvenc?"

again, you're asking for help about a very specific product in a way that would put most people off "i have this, it doesn't work, why?" it would probably have been better off in the audio subforum, because that's where the people most likely able to help would be.

Again, very specific products and this time about compatibility, you even got an answer. you're basically looking for people that have the exact same setup that you want to get to verify if they work, which is an incredibly low number of people, who likely aren't on this forum. If you're aware of packet blocking, then you should be able to research this yourself, but since they are both TPlink products, i dont see why they would hamper their own range.

For this question, you would be better off reaching out to TPlink directly if you want to be 100% sure.

All in all, you come across as a bit too needy and potentially high maintenance, something you might what to work, as posting a "forum issue" because people aren't replying to your threads comes across really bad.

Browser, version and OS: 

Irrelevant 

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Look at my account 

What happened?

Barely any thread I start actually gets completed and there are many threads that, even though they have a good amount of responses, go cold before any solution is marked 

What did you expect to happen?

people keep commenting and helping until a solution is marked 

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Check my account 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Check my account 

Any other relevant details:

Check my account 

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

no

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

And how is that a forum bugs / issues ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

And how is that a forum bugs / issues ?

Seems like an issue to me, considering the goal is to have a solution marked in every thread. Idk tho, I’m open to being wrong 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

26 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

people might get stuck and instead of telling you that they're stuck, just leave

It happens in all forums

It happens to everyone, me included. I mostly figure it out myself but people might be busy or forget to check their notifs after they wake up and get on the forum

Some examples of mine (I appreciate the help from everyone who posted in my threads 😉 )

Some don't even get replies (but I've asked him a few days ago and it's solved)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Just now, Indian pc builder said:

Seems like an issue to me, considering the goal is to have a solution marked in every thread. Idk tho, I’m open to being wrong 

It's not a technical issue though.

It's not a bug to be fixed by a developer or something for a moderator to take care of. People either aren't interested in your question to begin with, have no answer to your question, or aren't interested in continuing the conversation for some other reason.

Neither you nor a moderator can force people to continue a conversation they aren't interested in. So you might want to reflect why people abandon your question or accept that you've already been given an answer, even if you might not like it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Indian pc builder said:

Naw.
Pretty sure it's "You having issues about some of your threads going cold"

Not that I know full well, but pretty sure the forum itself wasn't made as a troubleshooting forum. So, the forum itself couldn't care less.

Even in big names's forums, like Microsoft, Lenovo, Nvidia, etc. And those are supposed to have an easier access to engineers working in those companies.

And yea, even in a truly troubleshooting forum, there will be cold threads / unsolved questions.

If no one is able to solve it currently then they won't post, and IMO it's much better than people just posting whatever and convolute the threads.

I understand that having unsolved problems with our own devices can be frustating. I have had my fair share of it too afterall.

But I can't expect people to keep trying to find a solution for me, especially if I am not paying them.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

This sub-forum is only for bugs and issues dealing with the software of the forum, not threads being solved. That's not what this sub-forum is for.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

9 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

But I can't expect people to keep trying to find a solution for me, especially if I am not paying them.

This. You need to keep in mind that people here aren't paid employees of a company providing you with tech support for one of their products. People are here of their own volition. They spend their own time in an attempt to help you. If people either can't or no longer want to help (for whatever reason), they are free to do so.

I get that it sucks. But ask yourself: How much of your own time would you be willing to spend on an issue somebody else is facing, if it turns out to either be frustratingly difficult, or the info you need simply isn't there (or forthcoming) and you have no way to poke at it yourself?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Wow.....

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

This is community forum. No one has any responsibility to post here, help on troubleshooting threads or discuss elsewhere. Marking "Best Answer" also doesn't equal to what you call "thread completion". Thats just if author gets the answer they are looking for. Most of the Best Answers are good. But there are many threads where something just gets marked while discussion may be active for days on-wards. Or which not get marked at all.

If you are experiencing low replies in your threads, reason is usually that you have provided too little information for anyone to response. Or that the question is too niche to get immediate reaction from the community. Neither is something we can really help with. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Tell you what mate, if you're down to offer an hourly fee for it, someone will definitely find the solution to your problems, even if the answer turns out to be "buy a new pc"

Or just put up with people not doing so well if you wanna stick to this free version of troubleshooting

4 minutes ago, whispous said:

hourly fee for it

£20 an hour please

4 minutes ago, whispous said:

even if the answer turns out to be "buy a new pc"

have you tried turning it off and on again?

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Sometimes people just come here asking for help and when they receive a solution they just close the site and move on. We don't live in a perfect world, as much as we want every single problem to be solved and properly marked, it won't. Whats important is if someone was helpful and a solution was reached. Complaining about it won't achieve anything productive or positive.

1 minute ago, Murasaki said:

Sometimes people just come here asking for help and when they receive a solution they just close the site and move on. We don't live in a perfect world, as much as we want every single problem to be solved and properly marked, it won't. Whats important is if someone was helpful and a solution was reached.

Maybe we should start reporting stuff like that...not as a "OMG GO AFTER THIS PERSON!" but rather so a mod can mark that particular post as solved. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

10 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Maybe we should start reporting stuff like that...not as a "OMG GO AFTER THIS PERSON!" but rather so a mod can mark that particular post as solved. 

Maybe... but if applied retroactively... mods' report inbox maybe go boom.

Just now, Murasaki said:

Maybe... but if applied retroactively... mods' report inbox maybe go boom.

Is it a big enough issue that it would cause a massive spike? I don't know. I don't monitor that.

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Is it a big enough issue that it would cause a massive spike? I don't know. I don't monitor that.

Probably not, was more of a joke but you never know. Theres other communities/sites that have a "solution" marked post, I wonder if they have such a system in place where mods go out of their way to mark things themselves or on demand.

3 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Browser, version and OS: 

Irrelevant 

Look at my account 

What happened?

Barely any thread I start actually gets completed and there are many threads that, even though they have a good amount of responses, go cold before any solution is marked 

Check my account 

Check my account 

Check my account 

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

no

So...
Not getting enough responses to your posts.
As if that is or was ever a requirement for folks to post in your threads.... 
It's not.

And there are no less than 4 references about looking at your account with your post here...
WTF? 🤔

I dunno what's up with all that but I can say this:
No one but YOU can mark a thread as having a solution/being solved aside from the staff, and they won't do that unless YOU ask them to. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

I don't know if "user is uninteresting or uninterested in taking 'no' for an answer to his questions" is a forum bug or issue 

1 hour ago, seanondemand said:

I don't know if "user is uninteresting or uninterested in taking 'no' for an answer to his questions" is a forum bug or issue 

I'll be blunt here:
I'm thinking it's something else and it's not a forum problem..... Or one the forum or anyone here can solve.

Just note that's what I'm thinking but I could also be wrong about it too.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

<-- Moved to Off Topic -->

As alluded, this is a public and open space. No one is obligated to help or provide you with an answer. If you're finding lot of other threads getting solved and yours aren't, then its likely the way your presenting your issue/situation that may be causing it. Try looking for alternative methods for presenting your information you're looking for help from. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

What exactly do you propose as a solution to this "issue" OP? Should people be compelled to reply to your threads and keep on doing so until you're satisfied? You come off remarkably arrogant and entitled here.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Browser, version and OS: 

Irrelevant 

Look at my account 

What happened?

Check my account 

Check my account 

Check my account 

no

The fact that you're forcing me to look for your threads makes me even more compelled to not respond to said threads. You know we're not getting paid for this right (not even the moderators)? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

The fact that you're forcing me to look for your threads makes me even more compelled to not respond to said threads. You know we're not getting paid for this right (not even the moderators)? 

OK - I'm gonna pull the pin on this grenade with it right in my face........ 😱

It's like they want attention - Pure and simple but they're not getting it either in the way of or by how much they want. 
From the way the post is worded, that's all I can make of it that makes any sense to me.

No, I'm not going to search their profile to register another visit (Hit) by the numbers just so I can chase around whatever threads/posts they have. 

6 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

The goal as a forum is to have open discussion and debate. As for the troubleshooting section it is and has been the goal to provide an avenue for members to help each other and yes in a perfect world having everything being solved is great but let's be consciously realistic here. Sometime the answer is providing a direction for the member to take and not to give a specific answer to the issue. Open your mind to this prospect. Give a man a fish you feed him for a day... Teach him how to fish and you feed him for life. :old-wink:  (the fish isn't always the answer)

The goal is not to have every single topic marked solved. The solved mark is a feature provided by the forum devs not by LMG/LTT.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER