my gpu needs 1 x 8-pin + 1 x 6-pin Power Connector. (i have only 1 x 8 pin )

DRKGMR-A
Go to solution Solved by Bagzie,

Yeah that psu is not 700w.

isnt there any molex to pcie or data to pcie I can use to get my GPU to work safely and as needed .. are those things really that dangerous ?

i have a nameless brand psu of 700W but it has only 1 8 pin 
my GPU is 6700xt

rest of my build is i3 9100f , and 2 HDD + 1 ssd

Just now, DRKGMR-A said:

isnt there any molex to pcie or data to pcie I can use to get my GPU to work safely and as needed .. are those things really that dangerous ?

i have a nameless brand psu of 700W but it has only 1 8 pin 
my GPU is 6700xt

rest of my build is i3 9100f , and 2 HDD + 1 ssd

Using a nameless brand ( possibly quite terrible ) PSU is also dangerous. 

You say nameless but is there nothing on it?

Generally speaking a PSU will only provide connectors for what it can really power. It might be rather optimistic to call it a 700W unit if it only comes with 1x 8 pin PCIe power connector, which is more 450W class. Get a better PSU is probably the safest option.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 minutes ago, porina said:

Generally speaking a PSU will only provide connectors for what it can really power. It might be rather optimistic to call it a 700W unit if it only comes with 1x 8 pin PCIe power connector, which is more 450W class. Get a better PSU is probably the safest option.

wish i had money 

26 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Using a nameless brand ( possibly quite terrible ) PSU is also dangerous. 

You say nameless but is there nothing on it?

nameless in the sense of not branded like iphones and corsairs,, it was cheapest local psu

28 minutes ago, DRKGMR-A said:

nameless in the sense of not branded like iphones and corsairs,, it was cheapest local psu

If it has no brand, def don't use it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

57 minutes ago, DRKGMR-A said:

Data connections do not provide power. They are literally there for data transmission - that's all they do. Molex to PCIe adapters do exist, but I would advise against using them as a general use due to them being sketchy. If your power supply doesn't have enough PCIe power connections, then I wouldn't even use it. 

If your power supply is nameless, I would not use it. It's probably a dumpster fire waiting to happen, especially with the insufficient PCIe connectors. 

Ultimately, what you do is strictly up to you. No one here can force you...They can only give you their opinions.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 hours ago, DRKGMR-A said:

Usually that are the most dangerous units. Group regulated trash with lack of protection features. Don't use it!

Yeah that psu is not 700w.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset