LTT done with reviews?

Why hasn't LTT being doing important tech reviews? I could understand about 14th gen, but even no review of Meteor Lake, and in their recent video when they did reviewed a laptop with a MTL chip, they completely ignored talking about it. Is Intel not paying Linus enough for shilling or is he losing is passion in computer hardware? I hope the Nvidia reviews do come though.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Because it would’ve made for a pretty boring video, probably, and if you want to watch reviews of pretty boring products, there’s plenty of good options, so what else would they have to say? Better to save those energies for more engaging content. 

@seanondemand boring video? Not at all. MTL has so many changes to talk about. I remember they even made a video dedicated to Xe graphics when that came out.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Laptop CPUs are hard to review on their own, as they can't be separated from the rest of the hardware. Maybe laptop reviews don't do well enough to justify such a video? I'd expect them to cover it when desktop parts are released.

I expect we'll still get GPU reviews, though I think LMG have passed on some of the meh products.

i'm pretty sure this has been asked for just about every category where one can say "why dont you review X" anymore, and has been addressed on the WAN show for each of those categories.

it always boils down to one of the following:

- there's nothing interesting to say past what is already written on the box.

- the product is a certain amount of "unobtainium" where it's just a review of something no one can afford, but not "out there" enough to be a "dreaming right there with you" type of video.

- it is extremely hard (or even impossible with the current tools) to make an objective review about the thing that is being reviewed.

a good example of the last one is laptop hardware in general. you cant make an objective review about a mobile CPU because of how much the laptop it sits inside dictates the performance; power and thermal targets, cooling setup, etc.

"Linus talks about the new CPU, reads what intel has to say about it. Shows benchmarks for it and gives his thoughts".
-The video.

It's a CPU. Unless Intel moved from Silicon to Graphene or there's a major leap in performances(which there is not if I'm to believe GN reviews of the desktop chip thus far), it ain't interesting enough for anyone to care about.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Why do you need a review from LTT specifically? There are plenty of good YT Channels that provide excellent reviews. If none of them has the product that you want reviewed, it likely isn't a worthwhile product to review.

I suspect every commercial channel weighs effort vs. expected views when deciding what to review. I suspect (or hope) LTT now spends tons of time on QC and only elect to review if they are confident it is great review 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

17 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

Why hasn't LTT being doing important tech reviews? I could understand about 14th gen, but even no review of Meteor Lake, and in their recent video when they did reviewed a laptop with a MTL chip, they completely ignored talking about it. Is Intel not paying Linus enough for shilling or is he losing is passion in computer hardware? I hope the Nvidia reviews do come though.

What else would LTT talk about that Intel didn't cover in there own presentation? As most consumers are looking for a product to purchase, not so much the inners. Yes there will be people who care what type on engine is in the car, while most will be concerned with how well the car drives.

Don't watch ltt for reviews. They are OK at best, they focus primarily on entertainment.

We'll have to see what happens when labs is in full swing, but if you want real reviews, go look at the hundreds of other channels that do it better

Judging by the comments in this thread about how review videos are boring, I guess the answer to your question OP is yes, LTT is done with reviews.

On 1/9/2024 at 5:42 AM, seanondemand said:

Because it would’ve made for a pretty boring video, probably, and if you want to watch reviews of pretty boring products

I think it's a very interesting product.

Intel's first mainstream product Foveros (and thus tiles).

First time Intel use their "Intel 4" manufacturing process, which is also their first EUV node.

We are getting two new microarchitectures, Redwood Cove and Crestmont.

This is the first time Intel is widely rolling out their NPUs.

This is the first time they are doing a "low power island" core.

They get a new GPU based on Xe-HPG.

There are more new things about Meteor Lake that possibly any other product launch since the M1.

If you ask me, this is far more interesting than some graphics card where the conclusion is "we get slightly higher FPS because it has more cores".

On 1/9/2024 at 4:00 PM, TetraSky said:

(which there is not if I'm to believe GN reviews of the desktop chip thus far)

That's the wrong generation.

The i5-14600K is Raptor Lake. OP is talking about Meteor Lake, which is the mobile version of Arrow Lake.

I don't think GN has done a review of Meteor Lake either. It seems to be quite hard to find reviews of it.

But on the bright side, apparently some of the early review samples had issues with their power state switching so power consumption and performance results were all over the place. Hopefully the later reviews won't have this issue.

If anyone is interested in a review, these two seem good:

Do keep in mind that these are reviews of the laptops, and things like thermal and battery life can vary between different models.