Questions about upgrading S to X while owning a pc

Drover006

So my current setup is a 1080p tv + Monitor, Xbox Series S and a PC (r5 5600 and Rx 6600)

I've been thinking of selling the S and upgrading to the X for a few reasons. (More Storage and a Blu ray player and I want to move to more physical games thanks digital) also getting a 4k tv hopefully in the near future

Basically Multiplayer games will be mostly on PC as Cross platform is still not universal for all consoles. Any Physical Games I find on really good deals be on XBOX. And any games that has added experience via mods be on PC. 

My questions is about graphics:

Will Series X outperform my current setup are 1440p to 4k? How much impact for SX Ray Tracing will have over no RT GPU? 

My main concern is getting a Series X to do have/do the 3 things listed above to just turn back to going digital games on PC due to graphics being better and other things and that the $600 Xbox will turn into a expensive Blu Ray player.

Should I upgrade or just keep on trucking along?

• 2 weeks later...

some ports to pc i hard are badly done but most games will be better on pc anyway. plus you get mods and games can be cheaper. thow you buy there online thing and you get it all.

but thats imo thow

if you dont have a good pc the console can be a prity good deal for the price thow. is the upgrade worth it 🤷‍♂️

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Series X has a better gpu than an RX 6600. It's probably more on par with an RX 6700 XT, so your games should look quite a bit better on it than on a PC with a 6600.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:13 PM, thrasher_565 said:

some ports to pc i hard are badly done but most games will be better on pc anyway. plus you get mods and games can be cheaper. thow you buy there online thing and you get it all.

but thats imo thow

if you dont have a good pc the console can be a prity good deal for the price thow. is the upgrade worth it 🤷‍♂️

Depends. I can pick up older games and PS4 titles for my PS5 for like £10 or less. Even on steam sales they’re not that cheap. 

2 hours ago, RabbidEwok said:

Depends. I can pick up older games and PS4 titles for my PS5 for like £10 or less. Even on steam sales they’re not that cheap. 

the pc sals arnt what they use to be but i think from what people said its still cheaper on pc then console.  inde probly about then same normally never under 50% off.  but there talking $100 a game now... Nintendo some are at $90...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

if your curious about 4k gaming and need a 4k bluray player I say go for it. I have a good gaming laptop and at 4k its already struggling to do 4k on new titles which If I had a xbox I wouldn't have to worry about it. One thing to note, playing at 1440p from 8-10 feet away from the tv will look similar to 4k(some X games run at 1440p). the series x might just be the way to go. but what do I know

On 1/25/2024 at 1:50 AM, thrasher_565 said:

the pc sals arnt what they use to be but i think from what people said its still cheaper on pc then console.  inde probly about then same normally never under 50% off.  but there talking $100 a game now... Nintendo some are at $90...

PC prices are also going up. Console sales are also about the same as steam sales now, PS currently has an up to 75% off digital titles and again you can by the physical disk for super cheap, like horizon zero dawn is £5