EVGA Supernova 650 G6 vs CORSAIR RM750

Jadtrugaming

Hi my recent PSU failed and Im looking to buy another PSU and Im looking to buy another but Im stuck between these two can anyone tell me which one is better, the EVGA is going for $160 on amazon and the Corsair one is going for $100 on amazon.

2 minutes ago, Jadtrugaming said:

the EVGA is going for $160 on amazon and the Corsair one is going for $100 on amazon.

the corsair one is better value but you can get an 850w unit for $95 

Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 - V2 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (MPE-8501-AFAAG-US) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 minute ago, filpo said:

I mean I dont need so much power since my build was woring fine with a 650w but the only reason Im more heading for the corsair one is because its white and my pc theme is white and I comes with white cables

1 minute ago, Jadtrugaming said:

I mean I dont need so much power since my build was woring fine with a 650w but the only reason Im more heading for the corsair one is because its white and my pc theme is white and I comes with white cables

Then the corsair unit

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

17 minutes ago, filpo said:

Useless 5 year warranty

25 minutes ago, Jadtrugaming said:

Hi my recent PSU failed and Im looking to buy another PSU and Im looking to buy another but Im stuck between these two can anyone tell me which one is better, the EVGA is going for $160 on amazon and the Corsair one is going for $100 on amazon.

Both have 10 year warranties

Evga is stupid overpriced

Corsair is meh value

Udgm 1000w pg5 for 121$, its a 1000w unit with a 10 year warranty

12 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Useless 5 year warranty

Why is it useless? If it breaks within 5 years, I'd say that's pretty useful. Not as ideal as 10, but it's still 5 years.

Just now, Blue4130 said:

Why is it useless? If it breaks within 5 years, I'd say that's pretty useful. Not as ideal as 10, but it's still 5 years.

Psus generally last 10-15 years

Lower likelyhood that the 5 year warranty will be of any use cause any psu thatd die within that time period is either a lemon or due to user error, and at that price a 5 year warranty is atrocious when an extra 15$ gets you a 10 year warranty and 25$ gets you a 1000w and a 10 year warranty

Only valid option that doesnt have a 10 year warranty would be the apevia 1000w prestige/galaxy since their pricing is competitive to used psus

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Psus generally last 10-15 years

Lower likelyhood that the 5 year warranty will be of any use cause any psu thatd die within that time period is either a lemon or due to user error, and at that price a 5 year warranty is atrocious when an extra 15$ gets you a 10 year warranty and 25$ gets you a 1000w and a 10 year warranty

Only valid option that doesnt have a 10 year warranty would be the apevia 1000w prestige/galaxy since their pricing is competitive to used psus

What a ridiculous take. In your mind there is only ONE good PSU's with less than 10 year warranty? Aboslutely false.

And much like anything else electronic, PSU's tend to either fail early, or last a really long time. 5 years easily covers the former while 10 years is irrelevant for the latter.

11 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

What a ridiculous take. In your mind there is only ONE good PSU's with less than 10 year warranty? Aboslutely false.

And much like anything else electronic, PSU's tend to either fail early, or last a really long time. 5 years easily covers the former while 10 years is irrelevant for the latter.

what if the psu fails at 7 or 9 years? No 5 year warranty is gonna cover that

And if you are buying new atleast make sure you are getting one of the merits of buying new which is the warranty

25$ extra gets a 1000w unit with a 10 year warranty and at that point you are also getting an upgrade alongside the 10 year warranty

Doesnt mean a psu with <10 year warranty is itself bad cause im sure theyll still hit the 10+ year mark as long as it isnt a dud, what im saying is a psu with a <10 year warranty is a bad buy and not the psu itself being bad simply because a psu with a 10 year warranty is usually not much more than one with a <10 year warranty

I mean the corsair RMe will problably hit and surpass the 10 year mark but its still a bad buy due to pricing and the 7 year warranty, the unit itself isnt bad aside from the reportedly loud fan

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

what if the psu fails at 7 or 9 years? No 5 year warranty is gonna cover that

And if you are buying new atleast make sure you are getting one of the merits of buying new which is the warranty

25$ extra gets a 1000w unit with a 10 year warranty and at that point you are also getting an upgrade alongside the 10 year warranty

Doesnt mean a psu with <10 year warranty is itself bad cause im sure theyll still hit the 10+ year mark as long as it isnt a dud, what im saying is a psu with a <10 year warranty is a bad buy and not the psu itself being bad simply because a psu with a 10 year warranty is usually not much more than one with a <10 year warranty

I mean the corsair RMe will problably hit and surpass the 10 year mark but its still a bad buy due to pricing and the 7 year warranty, the unit itself isnt bad aside from the reportedly loud fan

I really don't agree with you at all. Not everyone needs 100 watts. Not everyone wants to spend that extra $25, not everyone can get that PSU that you listed.

A bad buy is buying a product that doesn't suit the need. My machine is a 350 watt system. Buying a 1000 watt PSU would be foolish.

1 minute ago, Blue4130 said:

I really don't agree with you at all. Not everyone needs 100 watts. Not everyone wants to spend that extra $25, not everyone can get that PSU that you listed.

A bad buy is buying a product that doesn't suit the need. My machine is a 350 watt system. Buying a 1000 watt PSU would be foolish.

As a part of a build if its a higher budegt build that 25$ isnt much and you get a psu thatll last longer and have a longer lasting safety net if it does fail

Ans if you think a 5 year warranty is enough just save your 50$ and go buy a used 850w like the rm(x) or equivalent as long as theyre <7 years old, i mean the psu has already been run for a few years so the chance of it being a dud is very low

If the 5 year warranty acts as a safety net incase you get a lemon then a psu that has been used for the same amount of time offers the same protection cause its already been used for 5 years

Now you can go ahead and run it for the next 7-10 years or till it dies depending on what psu it is and luck

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ans if you think a 5 year warranty is enough just save your 50$ and go buy a used 850w like the rm(x) or equivalent as long as theyre <7 years old, i mean the psu has already been run for a few years so the chance of it being a dud is very lo

Then you have NO warraty. Even worse buy if a 10 year warranty is what you value.

Just now, Blue4130 said:

Then you have NO warraty. Even worse buy if a 10 year warranty is what you value.

The reason i reccomend 10 year warranty is because its a safety net that buying new provides

If im reccomending used psus its mainly due to price but a side benifit of the psu already being run long after any lemons would fail so its also a safety net but the time period in which the safety net would most likely be used (a lemon that dies in a few months or years) has already been passed so now the only thing youll have to worry about is the psu dying of natural causes which will happen around the 10-15 year mark though that 10 year figure is really conservative for a high quality unit so id expect a bare minimum of 12 years and i would not be surprised if the thing passes 15 years of age

I mean that 450w dazumba unit i still have laying around is already approaching 13 years at this point and i did not baby the thing either screwing around with x58 overclocking, not exactly a high quality unit looking at the 12v rail (360w) and i totally ran into shutdown issues when ocing x58 or running an rx 580 on the thing, but its still alive and working just fine

I have hurt Corsair, Thermaltake, Antec PSU's in a year or less, it really depends on what you are doing, and what you are doing it with.

For me it was Folding on overclocked hardware, multi GPU.

If you see 11.6v on just a CPU load, the PSU is trash bro.

Don't even get me started on the lighter rails.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14