Fans on in pc case

matrixman

I was told you need equal input and output on cpu fans. I was looking at getting a case that had 4 pre installed fans 3 in the front and 1 in the back and a family member told me "you need to do it right and get 2 more fans or it won't work right". 

Do I need to or not. It's only cooling a 5600 and a 6700xt right now.

I plan on upgrading in the future 

15 minutes ago, matrixman said:

I was told you need equal input and output on cpu fans. I was looking at getting a case that had 4 pre installed fans 3 in the front and 1 in the back and a family member told me "you need to do it right and get 2 more fans or it won't work right". 

Do I need to or not. It's only cooling a 5600 and a 6700xt right now.

I plan on upgrading in the future 

It's not a hard requirement, but balanced in and out is prefered by most. Not having it balanced WILL NOT cause any damage though.

Not needed.

Cases aren't sealed and any excess airflow will find its way through openings.

Intake and exhaust fans can also be more or less effective depending on the airflow grill / obstruction.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

19 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Current case?

If it suffocates your pc (solid front case) just take the sidepanel off and now your temperature problems are gone, no need to change out the case

It's a scenario no current issue.