Is it worth buying a PS5 or Series S just to play GTA 6 or would next gen consoles come out within the PC release?

VirusDumb

So you know what I'm talking about unless you live under Dwayne Johnson, so they only said it'd come out in 2025 for PS5 and Xbox Series XS, no news of PC, now I was talking about it on a Discord server and thinking about buying a new console just to play the game on release, but then someone started saying that it won't have the full experience on PS5, and it'd run like what GTA 5 ran on PS3 and Xbox 360, which kinda seems crazy because PS5 is still a new console, but the problem is we're already half of it's life span now as usually new gen consoles come out after 6-8 years, so it's very possible when gta 6 comes out, the ps6 would be on it's way too so, is it going to be worth it buying a new PS5 or Series S or would they run like trash 

The game is not out yet. Nobody knows. Anyone trying to predict is just bullshitting. 

Wait for the game to come out and then decide. Buying a console now for one game that isn't going to release for ~18 months makes no sense. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

The game is not out yet. Nobody knows. Anyone trying to predict is just bullshitting. 

Wait for the game to come out and then decide. Buying a console now for one game that isn't going to release for ~18 months makes no sense. 

Well I gotta start saving up rn for it tho, and depending on my financial situation, if I'm lucky I'd have enough to buy em together in 2025

12 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

Well I gotta start saving up rn for it tho, and depending on my financial situation, if I'm lucky I'd have enough to buy em together in 2025

Yeah so save up regardless, won't hurt and you still have no way of knowing nor does anyone else until Rockstar tells us

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

35 minutes ago, Middcore said:

While I wouldn't count on it, the PS5 Pro is rumored to release at same(ish) time.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

51 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

While I wouldn't count on it, the PS5 Pro is rumored to release at same(ish) time.

It's still a rumor that they are even working on a new gen console, let alone releasing one. The only notion we have that a PS5 Pro is even in the works is one small line from a Microsoft legal document that speculates Sony is planning to release pro and slim version in the future.

image.png.4c9916058c03640804e63de73b878424.png

This is all we know about the PS5 pro

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

4 minutes ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

It's still a rumor that they are even working on a new gen console, let alone releasing one. The only notion we have that a PS5 Pro is even in the works is one small line from a Microsoft legal document that speculates Sony is planning to release pro and slim version in the future.

image.png.4c9916058c03640804e63de73b878424.png

This is all we know about the PS5 pro

That is in fact why I said rumored not anything decisive. Who knows what happens

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

• 4 weeks later...

Just as general advice though, the game isn't going to go anywhere once it's released. I would just wait and see if PC is your preferred console.

I'm not sure I could ever really endorse buying a console if you're only ever going to literally play one game on it. Doing it that way makes it a *very* expensive game.

• 3 weeks later...

I do wonder if the PS5 will last a little longer this time, given that there was such a huge shortage for so long, many people had to wait another 1-2 years after launch to even get one. Then theres the question of what has GTA6 been developed for? Console's games are generally just set the way they are based on the hardware they will be released on, GTA6 has been in production forever I really cant imaging that its being developed primarily with future consoles in mind, I know that devs get weird sorta PC looking consoles in generic cases to work with but suuuurely this game has been primarily focused at PS5 or the XBOX equivalent?....

Think ill get it for my PC anyway, my PS5 is mostly used for FIFA and luckily got myself a 4080 recently which will surely be more than enough to run GTA6 on cranked settings, but the PC version could be out yonks later than the console.

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling this game is going to be the next crysis. It looks extremely demanding, tons of NPCs and stuff going on its going to take a 4090 and 24core up cpu to run at 4k/30 lol. I honestly dont think ill be able to get more than 30fps at 1080p when it comes out but then again rockstar is known to suprise us and have incredibly well optimized games, still after seeing the trailer I have my doubts. Where is this going, the xbox series S will likely not be able to do even native 1080p, start saving if its anything like gta v for alot of people its worth every penny console included