Reddit vs PC Part Picker vs LTT Forum – Where Should YOU Go for Build Advice?

Plouffe
1 minute ago, Amaranth said:

That's true, and is a disadvantage if you don't like real-time chat, although on the flip-side it allows for someone to create a build in real-time and not wait around for a response.

ye, true

1 minute ago, Amaranth said:

is going to have their own set of biases and preferences.

just like I have a huge bias for our sponsor! The Ridge!

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Just now, filpo said:

just like I have a huge bias for our sponsor! The Ridge!

Now that's a segue! 🤣

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

That was mentioned in the video.

However, without hindsight, you knew this was a LMG employee or someone who had other parts on hand? Seems like you're making a stretch based on what we know after watching the video, and not with what you would have known in August or early October..

It was probably tasked to one of those employees Linus complains about who types with two fingers 😄

I just imagine that making a post in August then resurrecting it in October to make a PC parts list while the opening of the video explains that "build guide videos become obsolete within months" is a bit sus. Obviously they wouldn't want to crap on their own forums, but if the LTT employee who did this saw... 

image.thumb.png.e9ebc4e5698bd5ec6fe1b3df10c5448e.png

They probably would've fairly represented their own forums.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Just now, Agall said:

It was probably tasked to one of those employees Linus complains about who types with two fingers 😄

Ah yes, we're saying anything we possibly can now to make us feel better about how that build performed. 

1 minute ago, Agall said:

I just imagine that making a post in August then resurrecting it in October to make a PC parts list while the opening of the video explains that "build guides become obsolete within months" is a bit sus. Obviously they wouldn't want to crap on their own forums, but if the LTT employee who did this saw... 

So there is no way anyone would ever necropost? There's also no valid reasons to necropost?

Spoiler

And there's for sure no reason for someone to do it on their own posts.

Spoiler

But you know, that orange bar means it'll never happen so it was an obvious sign it was someone working for LMG. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 minutes ago, Agall said:

I just imagine that making a post in August then resurrecting it in October to make a PC parts list while the opening of the video explains that "build guide videos become obsolete within months" is a bit sus. Obviously they wouldn't want to crap on their own forums, but if the LTT employee who did this saw... 

But aren't videos already made in advance? I think it's very reasonable for a non priority video to take at least a month to create. Create a post on all 3 forums, wait for all replies at least a week or two.

Wait for all parts to come, another week or two. Have an employee build them, a day or two, labs test them all, another week or two.

Have scripts made, shot, filmed, another week.

Editing could take another week to make sure there's no mistakes (for some reason way too many mistakes like 4 ram sticks saxing 2x16 and wrong PSU) for a final checkover and release taking a week or more.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, filpo said:

7h and 30min by plane 

dw my address isn't there, I don't think 

image.png.115c94fa0f8ada94d1e108982d731b24.png

£294 is a bargain tho

Then it's probably another 20 minutes to 2 hours to reach Microcenter from Logan, depending on traffic in the Ted Williams Tunnel and whether or not the T is on fire that day.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Ah yes, we're saying anything we possibly can now to make us feel better about how that build performed. 

So there is no way anyone would ever necropost? There's also no valid reasons to necropost?

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

But you know, that orange bar means it'll never happen so it was an obvious sign it was someone working for LMG. 

Lmao i feel personally attacked 😂 

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

whether or not the T is on fire that day.

also a Karen could be holding up the McDonald's drive-thru worker again, aliens could be flying, birds could be stuck in the air and another Idiots In Cars video could be shot (in terms of cameras, not guns, though guns could happen too). Wow, America really does have everything

Current parts list

Just now, RollinLower said:

Lmao i feel personally attacked 😂 

I didn't realize that quoted you. Not personally attacked, just easily found 😉

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, filpo said:

LTT forums isn't actually that bad in terms of recommendations, you just have to get the right people on at the right time.

And for anyone lurking, actually stick around to respond to questions!!!!

So many times people make vague posts which prompts questions and they just log off and never return again which gets really old really fast.

I don't mean you need to F5 the page into oblivion but within 24 hours at least check back and answer questions at worst.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, maxime_vhw said:

Mistake in the text overlay.

Edit: this is at 10:52

image.thumb.png.b03b14a9983f6c46ac7d413a488139be.png

They said at the start that they used in house products since they weren’t gonna get new products which they have similar things to

Current parts list

1 minute ago, filpo said:

They said at the start that they used in house products since they weren’t gonna get new products which they have similar things to

ohh. Very understandable. But still very weird to me to put a text overlay saying corsair right above something that says seasonic. Might be just me.

52 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Necroposting does have a long, storied history in the New Builds section. Best is when you get pinged 3+ months later for physical build advice... with different parts that don't work together. Some people just have a blind spot for cheap motherboards and incompatible CPUs.

22 minutes ago, maxime_vhw said:

ohh. Very understandable. But still very weird to me to put a text overlay saying corsair right above something that says seasonic. Might be just me.

When Linus mentioned using comparable parts they had on hand, I wasn't expecting them to do a slow-mo shot on a different PSU there at the end. But, hey, I guess they got Seasonic in there randomly?

I do like that the build communities have moved to recommending better quality PSUs. Given the premiums you'll see on them in the States these days because of geo-politics, the cost difference going up a tier is normally not a lot and generally worth it.

5 hours ago, Plouffe said:

We can tell you how to build a computer all day long, but for fresh info and some human interaction a lot of people head to the forums for help with figuring out what to buy. But which one will offer the best advice?

I wonder if you should of included something like the ltt discord

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, filpo said:

ye but those mods will be even worse than the ones on reddit, also it's quite a bit more fast paced then a forum, a discord channel I mean

They also have a voice chat section in there discord and I personally like helping people in there best

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I can understand the PSU.  
But RAM is a little different story, for the "in house products" It can really make a difference in the 1% lows.
And everything is wrong / contradicting, his explanation, the overlay, and the physical parts...

RAM LTT.PNG

Spoiler
CPU : Intel 14gen i7-14700K
COOLER :  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White + thermaltake toughfan 12 white + Thermal Grizzly - CPU Contact Frame Intel 13./14. +  Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
GPU : MSI RTX 2070 Armor @GPU 2050MHz Mem 8200MHz -> USB C 10Gb/s cable 2m -> Unitek 4x USB HUB 10 Gb/s (Y-HB08003)
MOBO : MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY
RAM :  Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) 6400 MHz CL32 (CMK64GX5M2B6400C32)
SSD : Intel Optane 905P 960GB U.2 (OS) + 2 x WD SN850X 4TB + 2 x PNY CS3140 2TB + ASM2824 PCIe switch -> 4 x Plextor M8PeG 1TB + flexiDOCK MB014SP-B -> Crucial MX500 2TB + GoodRam Iridium PRO 960GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HDD : WD White 18TB WD180EDFZ + SATA port multiplier adp6st0-j05 (JMB575) ->  WD Gold 8TB WD8002FRYZ + WD Gold 4TB WD4002FYYZ + WD Red PRO 4TB WD4001FFSX + WD Green 2TB WD20EARS
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 
XT-XINTE LM906 (JMS583) -> Plextor M8PeG 1TB + WD My Passport slim 1TB + LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 1TB USB-C + Zalman ZM-VE350 -> Goodram IRDM PRO 240GB
PSU :  Super Flower leadex platinum 750 W biały -> Bitfenix alchemy extensions białe/białe + AsiaHorse 16AWG White 
UPS :  CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 8 -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 10
LCD :  LG 32UD59-B + LG flatron IPS236 -> Silverstone SST-ARM11BC
CASE :  Fractal R5 Biały + Lian Li BZ-H06A srebrny + 6 x Thermaltake toughfan 14 white + Thermalright TL-B8W
SPEAKERS :  Aune S6 Pro -> Topping PA3-B -> Polk S20e black -> Monoprice stand 16250
HEADPHONES :  TOSLINK 2m -> Aune S6 Pro -> 2 x Monoprice Premier 1.8m 16AWG 3-pin XLR -> Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 -> 4-pin XLR na 2 x 3.5mm 16 cores OCC 2m Cable -> HiFiMAN Edition XS -> sheepskin pads + 4-pin XLR na 2 x 2.5mm ABLET silver 2m  Cable -> Monoprice Monolith M1060 + Brainwavz HM100 -> Brainwavz sheepskin oval pads + Wooden double Ɪ Stand + Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK -> sheepskin pads + Multibrackets MB1893 + Sennheiser Momentum 3 +  Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 + JBL J88 White
MIC :  Tonor TC30 -> Mozos SB38
KEYBOARD : Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent (EU) + Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth Slim - Full Size Black + PQI MyLockey
MOUSE :  Logitech MX ERGO + 2 x Logitech MX Performance + Logitech G Pro wireless + Logitech G Pro Gaming -> Hotline Games 2.0 Plus + Corsair MM500 3xl + Corsair MM300 Extended + Razer goliathus control
CONTROLLERS :  Microsoft xbox series x controller pc (1VA-00002) -> brainwavz audio Controller Holder UGC2 + Microsoft xbox 360 wireless black + Ravcore Javelin
NET :  Intel x520-DA2 -> 2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT + 2 x ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12
NAS :  Qnap TS-932X-2G -> Noctua NF-P14s redux 1200 PWM -> Kingston 16GB 2400Mhz CL14 (HX424S14IB/16) -> 9 x Crucial MX500 2TB ->  2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT -> 2 x Digitus (DK-HD2533-05/3)

I personally think @Why_Me did an amazing job, the build is well rounded and offers CPU strength for 1080p gaming in CPU bound games, not everyone is milking their budget to the last penny (or has the option to), some need to save a few buckos for shipping, not to mention their way of recommending builds includes at least a small amount attention to aesthetics, as seen in the video getting complimented by the case choice,

and again, the PC wasn't terrible, it did perform well or better in CPU bound games,

then you have the video's reference of performance "Streaming Starfield" yet no benchmark at all checked if the specific requirement was met,

sure, it might have been for the sake of accuracy, but then you have videos like ["I Bought the Two FASTEST CPUs... but I'm Only Keeping the Winner - 13900K vs 7950X"] where Linus compares the machines in real time using fps counters and aligning the view of both games in similar direction to produce similar conditions, but couldn't do the same in this video with Starfield for some reason..

decent video, but one detail is really odd, and that's the decision to blindly trust the first responder without any further questions, that really can make things quite random.

4 hours ago, filpo said:

i.e. Me, you and @Dedayog

meanwhile I might be watching, reacting with approval mark

13 minutes ago, kokosnh said:

But RAM is a little different story, for the "in house products" It can really make a difference in the 1% lows.
And everything is wrong / contradicting, his explanation, the overlay, and the physical parts...

RAM LTT.PNG

wait they used 4x8GB to imitate 2x16GB build? I guess there's a potential small loss of performance

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

28 minutes ago, podkall said:

wait they used 4x8GB to imitate 2x16GB build? I guess there's a potential small loss of performance

From the YouTube link, It was supposed to be

"G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVGB 

Ripjaws V
DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB) "

???? 

But the decryption is "G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz CL18 2x16GB DDR4 RAM" 

??

And they used 4 x 8GB DDR4 3600 cl 18, and run it down clocked to 3200MTps cl18??    (or something, can't tell, as it's all contradicting, literally all)

So it can be up, or down, as the timing can be all over the place, not to mention the RANK, and BANK config.

EDIT sorry wrong PC 😄  

Spoiler
COOLER :  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White + thermaltake toughfan 12 white + Thermal Grizzly - CPU Contact Frame Intel 13./14. +  Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
GPU : MSI RTX 2070 Armor @GPU 2050MHz Mem 8200MHz -> USB C 10Gb/s cable 2m -> Unitek 4x USB HUB 10 Gb/s (Y-HB08003)
RAM :  Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) 6400 MHz CL32 (CMK64GX5M2B6400C32)
SSD : Intel Optane 905P 960GB U.2 (OS) + 2 x WD SN850X 4TB + 2 x PNY CS3140 2TB + ASM2824 PCIe switch -> 4 x Plextor M8PeG 1TB + flexiDOCK MB014SP-B -> Crucial MX500 2TB + GoodRam Iridium PRO 960GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HDD : WD White 18TB WD180EDFZ + SATA port multiplier adp6st0-j05 (JMB575) ->  WD Gold 8TB WD8002FRYZ + WD Gold 4TB WD4002FYYZ + WD Red PRO 4TB WD4001FFSX + WD Green 2TB WD20EARS
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 
XT-XINTE LM906 (JMS583) -> Plextor M8PeG 1TB + WD My Passport slim 1TB + LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 1TB USB-C + Zalman ZM-VE350 -> Goodram IRDM PRO 240GB
PSU :  Super Flower leadex platinum 750 W biały -> Bitfenix alchemy extensions białe/białe + AsiaHorse 16AWG White 
UPS :  CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 8 -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 10
CASE :  Fractal R5 Biały + Lian Li BZ-H06A srebrny + 6 x Thermaltake toughfan 14 white + Thermalright TL-B8W
SPEAKERS :  Aune S6 Pro -> Topping PA3-B -> Polk S20e black -> Monoprice stand 16250
HEADPHONES :  TOSLINK 2m -> Aune S6 Pro -> 2 x Monoprice Premier 1.8m 16AWG 3-pin XLR -> Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 -> 4-pin XLR na 2 x 3.5mm 16 cores OCC 2m Cable -> HiFiMAN Edition XS -> sheepskin pads + 4-pin XLR na 2 x 2.5mm ABLET silver 2m  Cable -> Monoprice Monolith M1060 + Brainwavz HM100 -> Brainwavz sheepskin oval pads + Wooden double Ɪ Stand + Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK -> sheepskin pads + Multibrackets MB1893 + Sennheiser Momentum 3 +  Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 + JBL J88 White
KEYBOARD : Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent (EU) + Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth Slim - Full Size Black + PQI MyLockey
MOUSE :  Logitech MX ERGO + 2 x Logitech MX Performance + Logitech G Pro wireless + Logitech G Pro Gaming -> Hotline Games 2.0 Plus + Corsair MM500 3xl + Corsair MM300 Extended + Razer goliathus control
CONTROLLERS :  Microsoft xbox series x controller pc (1VA-00002) -> brainwavz audio Controller Holder UGC2 + Microsoft xbox 360 wireless black + Ravcore Javelin
NAS :  Qnap TS-932X-2G -> Noctua NF-P14s redux 1200 PWM -> Kingston 16GB 2400Mhz CL14 (HX424S14IB/16) -> 9 x Crucial MX500 2TB ->  2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT -> 2 x Digitus (DK-HD2533-05/3)

The XMP was disabled on that RX 6800 PC. (go to 8:02)

i7-8700K l MSI RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 MSI - Z370 KRAIT GAMING l G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4-3200 l Inland 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD Scythe FUMA Rev. B l EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze Certified l Asus VG248QE 144Hz l Zowie FK2 Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X l Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass l Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE l windows 10.

1 hour ago, kokosnh said:

RAM LTT.PNG

image.thumb.png.885707f0dff6549a33ef4e4e6e64c69a.png

Yeah, they also recommend P3 SSD, while use P5 Plus. P3 is dramless SSD, while P5 plus is with dram. It might not have impact on playing games, but on other workloads it can have a bit of the hit

1 hour ago, Leferiukas said:

image.thumb.png.885707f0dff6549a33ef4e4e6e64c69a.png

Yeah, they also recommend P3 SSD, while use P5 Plus. P3 is dramless SSD, while P5 plus is with dram. It might not have impact on playing games, but on other workloads it can have a bit of the hit

P3 is DRAMless QLC PCIe 3.0 SSD

P5 plus is DRAM TLC PCIe 4.0 SSD 

There were some topics with texture popping, and stutters, specifically on P3. But only couple topics, from all p3 sold, I don't really want call it is it fault, it is still garbage tier SSD.

Spoiler
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 

3 hours ago, podkall said:

Thats a performance gain due to being dual rank, not to mention likely tighter subs (particularly trfc) since lower density ics seem to do better subs

Still tho its been a few months from the op and prices change alot

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pxh64M

Heres an example of a build that id reccomend now with 100% new parts based on a 12600k + 7800xt + 32gb 3600c18

Methodology is get the best bang for buck hence cheaping out on everything while still working well and completely maxing out spec (fastest cpu, gpu, dram ssd, highest wattage but decent psu, and highest binned ram)

ssd still has dram and is on the higher end of gen3 ssds in terms of speed, ram branding has no effect, mobo should be fine as long as you dont oc an i9 on it, newer apevia psus are pretty decent now looking at the 12v rail and customer reviews and its a 1000w for 80$ so some futureproofing, less case spending the better with emphasis on both airflow (mesh front) and fans (atleast 2 fans)

Around the time of the OP dont think there were cheap yet still decent apevia units around (premier, galaxy, etc. not garbage like venus, beast, etc.), cases were abit more expensive, 7800xt i think was more expensive due to being a new release at the time, iirc 550$ instead of the 500$ they go for now, right now 12th gen i5 12600k are dirt cheap but the 12600k went back up to 220$ even though yesterday it was 140$ so theres an example of rapidly changing prices and some other stuff that would have made this alot more expensive or need to decrease spec to stay in budget like going for a 5600 and a <100$ b mobo

As for improvements on this particular pcpp theres literally none as far as im concerned unless you  wanna buy a used 850w gold like the rm(x) or equivalent for 40-60$, buy a used case to cut case spending to <10$ or outright dumpster dive for a free case to stretch the budget enough to buy a used 3090 if you can find one or haggle one to ~550$ on sites like fb marketplace but that takes quite abit of effort compared to buying new

Couple errors I noticed:

@
3:25 Your reddit build states 16GB in the voice over but the label shows 32GB. Idk if this was already caught.

@11:01 the label says Corsair RMe power supply but the video shows a Seasonic PSU

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Thats a performance gain due to being dual rank, not to mention likely tighter subs (particularly trfc) since lower density ics seem to do better subs

the thing is, we don't know, all 5 places (YT link, YT description, his explanation, the overlay on video, and the physical parts on video) the spec are different... all are different.
2R is gaining on DDR4, but only in controlled timings. And while the 2x16GB are probably the dual side, dual rank, the 4x8GB (or whatever it is there ), can be in all kinds of configs.  

Even if we leave, all of the memory architecture out, and don't look on the sub-timings (that will be different, between such configs, as they will probably be not controlled), that are affected by it, in YT description and links the RAM is 3200cl16, they use 3600cl18,  downclocked to 3200cl18  

I really can't tell, if it's better, or worse. We have to little info to tell, if it's in the positive, or negative. 

Spoiler
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD :