Fineprint on Cable Management SignUp

Gagamon

I just wanted to submit feedback on the signup page font size of the terms. I find the size of the fineprint unnecessarily small. The term of the signup should NOT be this hard to read on a 24" 1080p monitor. We all hate it in car ads. Please make sure this stuff is readable in the future. Thanks

Fineprint.JPG

It's basically impossible to read on a 5K monitor at 200% scaling too lol.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

what does it say?

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

7 minutes ago, djksm said:

what does it say?

it says

"By submitting this form and signing up for emails, you consent to receive marketing email messages (e.g. promos, cart reminders, etc.) from LTT Store and Linus Tech Tips at the email provided. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Email frequency varies. Unsubscribe at any time."

I would actually recommend that the LTT team look at "CASL" laws in Canada. I recall years ago having to ask for explicit consent with Canadian customers to receive our e-mails - meaning they recommend an actual checkbox to be used when it comes to signing up for e-mails.

I don't think this is a huge downside for LTT and their audience - I think including the checkbox will safeguard them ultimately.

Some more info here: https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2012/2012-548.htm 

49 minutes ago, TheTripleDeuce said:

it says

"By submitting this form and signing up for emails, you consent to receive marketing email messages (e.g. promos, cart reminders, etc.) from LTT Store and Linus Tech Tips at the email provided. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Email frequency varies. Unsubscribe at any time."

FTFY

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Yeah, that's really bad. It's as bad or worse than pharmaceutical ads, and they actually have a lot to put on screen. 

image.thumb.png.a70ff128bb1314af3b13a59b62bbc87f.png

27 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

what browsers do not have a zoom function?

Use the tools available to you. 

Shouldn't have to. What do they have to hide? If signing up for spam is what you have to do to potentially get a notification when a certain color scheme releases then I'm not interested. And that shouldn't be hidden. LTT is all about transparency. That's not transparent. It can be small and legible.

20 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Shouldn't have to. What do they have to hide? If signing up for spam is what you have to do to potentially get a notification when a certain color scheme releases then I'm not interested. And that shouldn't be hidden. LTT is all about transparency. That's not transparent. It can be small and legible.

Small print is not opaque, and is transparent. 

Again, the text is there, and you can read it if you WANT to with tools built into your browser.

Graphic design and marketing often focuses on the important information.

It's small, not hidden.  ZOOM IN!

200dpi on 1440p screen, 100% zoom. No issues. Usually this weird mix of high dpi and zoom is the thing causing issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As someone with failing eye-sight, I have to say it just seems... less than ideal? 

Like I get it you want it to look clean and professional but come on, that is TINY, not needed at all 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

200dpi on 1440p screen, 100% zoom. No issues. Usually this weird mix of high dpi and zoom is the thing causing issues.

Because it was updated recently, font-size was 0.4em now it is 0.6em, 50% increase.
Much better now.

Edit
Just for visual comparison:
-Original (0.4em)
image.png.32d993e000b940b0b3b0610d665eb656.png
-Now (0.6em)
image.png.ed4fc79c077bac3f6fffa972ce42886d.png

And yes yes, em is a relative value, but parents' size was unchanged, so 50% increase.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

51 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Because it was updated recently, font-size was 0.4em now it is 0.6em, 50% increase.
Much better now.

Edit
Just for visual comparison:
-Original (0.4em)
image.png.32d993e000b940b0b3b0610d665eb656.png
-Now (0.6em)
image.png.ed4fc79c077bac3f6fffa972ce42886d.png

And yes yes, em is a relative value, but parents' size was unchanged, so 50% increase.

Still way too small.  And for no reason.

I'm not sure if it's been changed again or if it truly is the fact that I am looking at this on mobile, but I'm having no difficulty reading it at all which I find weird and was the entire reason I clicked into this topic.

I'm made sure to check all of my text settings zoom settings and whatnot, they're sitting at factory. Running Chrome on a Pixel 7. 

Now the only reason I'm saying anything at all is because something seems off or backwards, I don't know. Normally it's the mobile you cannot read anything on not the desktop site. I don't do web development or coding at all and leave software troubleshooting to someone else, I do the hardware repair. 

Screenshot_20231101-085841.png