Is amazon free shipping actually free?

So I have no experience with online shopping from international services such as amazon. Untill now I have done all fine with the national services, but now I am interested in buying a blue snowball of amazon. The reason I haven't done this before is because I live in Norway, meaning taxes since amazon only have storages in the US and UK (Right?). So I will have to deal with taxes and all that stuff :/ That's why I have been shoping nationally, since then I casn forget about all that import taxes and all that. But when I went to amazon it claimed my shipping to be free since it's over 35$. To me this seemed wrong but I kept on going through the checkout to see if other prices added later on, but nothing. To me it seems too good that it's free shiping to Norway. I know that I should probably know this, but this is my first time shopping internationally. So is it for some reason tax free or will I get charged in some other way? anny help is apreaciated :)

-The-online-shopping-noob

You have to be careful with it, I ordered some earbuds from Taiwan, it said free shipping on Amazon but they couldn't predict that the shipping company would charge me £13 for overseas shipping as well as £12 import tax. Ended up paying £80 for a pair of £55 earbuds :(

So I have no experience with online shopping from international services such as amazon. Untill now I have done all fine with the national services, but now I am interested in buying a blue snowball of amazon. The reason I haven't done this before is because I live in Norway, meaning taxes since amazon only have storages in the US and UK (Right?). So I will have to deal with taxes and all that stuff :/ That's why I have been shoping nationally, since then I casn forget about all that import taxes and all that. But when I went to amazon it claimed my shipping to be free since it's over 35$. To me this seemed wrong but I kept on going through the checkout to see if other prices added later on, but nothing. To me it seems too good that it's free shiping to Norway. I know that I should probably know this, but this is my first time shopping internationally. So is it for some reason tax free or will I get charged in some other way? anny help is apreaciated :)

I read that Newegg's Eggsaver shipping is just 1-2 days processing as usual, then up to 7 days shipping.

Amazon's so-called "free shipping" seems to be about the same length shipping time, but they take their sweet ass time processing your order, shipping it around their warehouses, collecting it, then shipping it to you.

Its free on their part, if there is fees from the government, you have to pay that.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Yep completely free, but I suppose they make up for it by making you a lower priority to those who pay

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Yep completely free, but I suppose they make up for it by making you a lower priority to those who pay

Unless you pay for prime.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

its free but get ready for a very very very slow shipment when amazon sees you didnt pay for shipping they take there sweet time. 

Their*

If you have amazon prime and get the free 2-day shipping (for like $80 a year, for some it's worth it) It gets there in 2-3 days

Their*

If you have amazon prime and get the free 2-day shipping (for like $80 a year, for some it's worth it) It gets there in 2-3 days

used to have amazon prime simply because I think my dad got the free trial and forgot to cancel it for a year it was epic and I did get the money's worth but as a kid I can't justify spending that much

Unless you pay for prime.

They're still getting more money out of you though

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

its free but get ready for a very very very slow shipment when amazon sees you didnt pay for shipping they take there sweet time. 

I can't really say how fast it will be in Norway but I ordered some stuff with free shipping last week and it got here in 2 days which is about the norm for all the times I've used it.

Not necessarily, ordered a mouse pad yesterday with free shipping and got it today even though its saturday ;) it depends I guess. 

Not necessarily, ordered a mouse pad yesterday with free shipping and got it today even though its saturday ;) it depends I guess.

hmm this is just a conspiracy but maybe there mad we cancelled prime lmao

No after a little bit of figuring it out it's because I ordered 2 different items the last few times I've used the free shipping

They're still getting more money out of you though

Of course and they should, shipping costs money (a lot of money), however prime is a very good deal if you order online regularly.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

You have to be careful with it, I ordered some earbuds from Taiwan, it said free shipping on Amazon but they couldn't predict that the shipping company would charge me £13 for overseas shipping as well as £12 import tax. Ended up paying £80 for a pair of £55 earbuds :(

So for some reason I didn't do anny reasearch on this earlier, due to A LOT of trubble when my mom tried to buy stuff from an international store. She used about 3 hours trying to figure it out :P well annyways, since then I have allways thaught that it was a lot of taxes and stuff which you couldn't see and all that. But it has become a lot easier since then and it's actually not a bad ammount. I would say it's very fair prices. :)

So I have dessided to buy it nationally, since that will save me a bit of money. Shipping TO Norway is good, but the delivery here will make it cost a lot more than if I buy it from the (god forbid) apple store. And it suprises me a lot, the apple store is the cheepest alternative at buying non apple products o_O

their*

Settings >> Location >> "Berlin, Germany"

because you're a grammar Nazi

Nun, entschuldigen Sie. Ich habe nur versucht, die Welt zu helfen, ein Grammatik-Fehler zu einem Zeitpunkt.

Yes it is actually free and for amazon prime it is even better but i cannot justify the price of amazon prime unless you shop online alot like i do. If you just buy a few items online but do most of you shopping at normal stores then you may not save as much. Now i will give you an even better secret for shopping online. If you start your purchase from ebates.com you get even more savings, how is this possible i do not know but i like it. My last set of purchases got me a check for $28.67 and you get and extra coupon for your whole bill when shopping at participating e-tailers. Another great thing about amazon.com is that an item could be say $400 now and some time tomorrow it could be $326 and by the next morning it can go up to $423 but if you can catch that price drop it is like feeling like Donald trump when he makes a good business deal.

Not true. The shipping depends on the type of free shipping and product you choose. Some free shipping are 1-2 day while some are 5-10. The if the product you purchased is shipping from like China it takes about a month and a half.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Since there's a £10 minimum charge to be eligible for "free" shipping, I would argue that it isn't really free.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Most stuff sold by Amazon themselves, not companies who sell through Amazon have now free shipping to pretty much everywhere. I'm not sure if its store specific but I've checked few items in UK store and they say shipping to be free to Finland.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Any international shipping I ever done was taxed when it came thru customs, so when the package got there either the shipper payed it which they would have included in the price or they will call you/or ask payment for the taxes when they bring the package to your house.  So the shippping from amazon will be free but you'll still need to pay taxes when it enters your country.  Thats the way it works in Canada I would assume it would be similar else where.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump