Chrome > Edge

johnt

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... so here are at least two thousand. Where the f*** do I even start with Edge? These tutorial notifications are getting out of hand...

Microsoft, if you come across this. PLEASE clean up your interfaces. This is cluttered like my four year old's toy box. It's difficult to navigate and I had all this disabled so that Edge appeared more like Chrome (a plain background with simple tabs and a couple shortcuts). I didn't ask for the weather, news, top stories, notifications, analytics of my usage, sponsored links, tab tips, content, headings, copilot, or how to unleash my productivity and creativity with Copilot. You added weather and news to the taskbar and now it's in my browser too. It's okay, guys, I can see outside. My house has windows (no pun intended).

So my review of Edge: it's complicated. The interface sucks. They copied Google and somehow managed to make it less useful.

image.thumb.png.66d724f55ac8e7d7291f72c5bb020fdc.png

image.thumb.png.acf1453c8cbfda46079acdee9ed8d5ff.png

Not really edge being the problem it's the new co-pilot addition that's the issue. 🙄

Any how not sure why you having so much issue mine is clean and I have the newest update.

*edit... should add, co-pilot and most of your complaint can be turned off/removed with a few clicks. Being a previewer, I enjoy using the Dev and Canary versions of Edge as well and I can say that with the co-pilot addition (this is my opinion) that edge has become a bit noisy for new users so yeah its bit of a turn off and MS needs to tone it back. 

image.thumb.png.2adb769d7815df04d98b841689320799.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I've made the switch from Chrome to Firefox.

Works great.... but my biggest downside of Firefox is that there is no 'profile' windows.

Instead you have containers, which is handy to make a particular website always open in a set container (e.g. gmail always opens in a container which your work G Suite account logged in). But annoying not to have an entirely separate window (including specific bookmarks).

On the other hand, I prefer Firefox now when it comes to performance.

5 hours ago, Mark_nz said:

I've made the switch from Chrome to Firefox.

Works great.... but my biggest downside of Firefox is that there is no 'profile' windows.

Instead you have containers, which is handy to make a particular website always open in a set container (e.g. gmail always opens in a container which your work G Suite account logged in). But annoying not to have an entirely separate window (including specific bookmarks).

On the other hand, I prefer Firefox now when it comes to performance.

The only time I hate my firefox... is when I need to fire up my laptop for a long time at somewhere without wall socket. 😕

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

You can literally click on the small x on the top right of the copilot window and it will never show itself again... (unless you want it to)

At least that's what i did once they introduced it in an update.

So you disabled all the features you don't want. I get that your argument is that the browser is bloated, but i don't see it as a big issue as long as you can disable these features if you don't want them. (just like the weather on your task bar)

Just like every other browser i ever tried, Edge requires you to go through all the settings at least once when you set it up to disable/enable the features you want and customize it to your needs.

Out of Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Brave i found Edge to be the most feature-complete browser. Especially in terms of HDR support it's worlds ahead of all the competitors, which is a big factor for me personally.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

• 1 month later...

I used Brave videos loading not work loading ,
.I used Edge password leak message , and can't remove stupid bar
.I used firefox can’t paste fucking links
I back to Brave , signed in 10 times to Youtube and other websites
.I used chrome no issue at all. .
Google .
You are free to collect my data you are allowed too. .
I don’t install browsers to fixing issues or waiting updates
East or West Chrome is Best

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

I use Chrome for testing changes to websites.

I actually prefer Edge over Chrome (in the windows Ecosystem, not so much for MacOS), but Firefox has been my daily driver since before Chrome even existed and haven't found a good enough reason to get away from FF since.

I do agree that the initial Edge user experience is a little much with everything they throw in your face, but that's a one-time thing. While power-users (like ourselves) may not like it, I'm sure Microsoft has done their own A/B testing and determined it's more beneficial for them to keep the weather/ads/etc in at first launch.