They Sent me a Broken PC AGAIN - $1500 PC Secret Shopper 3 Part 2

Shahrad
1 minute ago, Woofer21 said:

I don't really agree with this reply, imo the video was fine

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that this is likely why.

Zalman Z9 Plus - GTX 660 TI - i5 2500k @ 4ghz - MSI 1155 Intel P67 - Corsair CMPSU-750HX - 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 - Seagate ST3500413AS 500GB - Seagate ST2000DL003 2TB Backup Storage -  Old CBA to change it.

Just now, Kurtis said:

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that this is likely why.

Yea, i don't see this as a big enough reason to pull the video though unless there was something else, guess time will tell when the new version goes up

Its gone from Floatplane as well. This usually indicates an issue with the info in the video necessitated.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Or they pulled it for an error... who knows. but I don't see on YT anymore

11 minutes ago, Woofer21 said:

Yea, i don't see this as a big enough reason to pull the video though unless there was something else, guess time will tell when the new version goes up

You think the channel that complained about someone else making a negative video about them without hearing their side of the story first doesn't have a reason to pull a video with a negative story about someone else without hearing their side of the story first? Someone at LMG seems to have remembered

18 minutes ago, Woofer21 said:

No, I see why. They want to uphold what they promised back after the break in August. They fucked up, gave up wrong info about shipping and whatnot. So, they'll have to correct it. That was the correct course of actions imo.

Also, correcting about the statement about the performance of the 4060 Ti 8GB would be swell as well.

1 minute ago, Lebon14 said:

They fucked up, gave up wrong info about shipping and whatnot

what exactly was wrong about what they said in regards to "shipping and whatnot"

7 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

You think the channel that complained about someone else making a negative video about them without hearing their side of the story first doesn't have a reason to pull a video with a negative story about someone else without hearing their side of the story first? Someone at LMG seems to have remembered

Except that LTT doesn't claim to be a journalist, unlike someone else. Journalists have much stricter standards.

Probably some misinformation that slipped through the cracks and they didn't want Steve to make another video for an offhand comment.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Understandable why they pulled the video and honestly it's not that big of a deal. Can't wait to see how this is going to be COMPLETELY blown out of proportion.

Also Starforge playing the "pls think about small businesses 🥺" as if it wasn't founded by millionaires kek.

I watched it before it was pulled.

Doesn't make sense if they pulled it because of Starforge. 

Facts remain, they did charge for shipping. Duty and import are part of the shipping process.

As well as the item did show up damaged.

Nothing was inaccurate as far as those go.

I assume it was pulled for other reasons. 

Looks like Starforge already took down their tweet. Pretty sus.

i saved the response images though, i'll just post them here if anyone wants them! 

F81uI0ZWwAARB5K.png

F81u7smXYAAap1N.png

6 hours ago, kanetotan said:

[StarForge reply snipped for brevity]

I read this in Asmongold's "drifting in and out of a whiny Morty impression" voice from the original "LTT bought a PC from my company" reaction video.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

8 minutes ago, kanetotan said:

So they're agreeing that the $100USD shipping isn't actually $100USD. Converting $100+ to Canadian, I don't see the issue.

LTT is slowly losing their ability to show things, even if they're true, as any person or company can call "inaccuracy" and cause problems. I had given StarForge the benefit before in terms of possible referrals for clients, but this statement of passing the buck is silly. Definitely will not be including them as options.

I watched the original video in its entirety. It was spot on and accurate.  The Seller IS responsible for shipping damage.  That's e-Bay's policies and many other online retailers.  The policy is you ship it back to the seller and they file a claim with the carrier for any damages.  It's a horrible policy and negates the shipping insurance options but whatever.

The fact of the matter is Starforge is a sub-par PC builder and the only reason it's even a thing is b/c it has some rich streamers on twitch backing it.  They have no GPU support brackets outside of some foam jammed inside and held in by the side panel.  Alienware (and many other OEM MFG) have GPU support brackets (In Alienware systems, there are TWO) installed.  Also why do you think Origin puts their mid to high end PCs in a huge wooden crate?

Starforge is the KEKW of PC Building companies.

It's fair for StarForge to give their side, but the Secret Shopper Format is episodic; meaning it is fair treatment to call out receiving a broken PC in one episode to have it remedied (or not) later.

Receiving a broken PC in episode 2, and an RMA in a future episode is indicative of real customers' experience. ~0.4% of their customers as they claim.

The complaint about not looking further at the out-of-place shipping price is valid.

For more info see the original thread in the LTT Releases subforum.  The video was taken down after Starf OMEGALUL rge complained about the video.  Problem here is the video is spot on, was accurate and Starforge doesn't like being the KEKW of the PC Computer companies.

3 hours ago, Kurtis said:

this is why

image.png.a6ec3bff730172fcf7de68d6f9b2c505.png

Everything is getting taken down now... 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 hours ago, Ozz said:

Looks like Starforge already took down their tweet. Pretty sus.

i saved the response images though, i'll just post them here if anyone wants them! 

F81uI0ZWwAARB5K.png

F81u7smXYAAap1N.png

Looks like we're going to have more inaccuracies in reporting considering this issue looks like it's on its way to being brushed under the rug.

I haven't had a chance to see the video as it was taken down already. But if the invoice says 300 dollars shipping, then the consumer will see it was 300 dollars. There are no ifs and buts, it either says 300 dollars under the shipping line item or it doesn't. You can't say "oh no that's inaccurate", present the more detailed invoice/explanation that should've been there in the first place, and then demand what happened to be omitted.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But unless everything gets presented in the reupload sine both sides have taken down virtually every important detail, I question their transparency in the whole ordeal. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 hours ago, mentz said:

Is the video being replaced? It just got privated.

I was watching it, I got an error but was able to keep watching for like, 5 more minutes before it said it was private. :c

Not the most fun way to watch a video. Hopefully it's fixed and back up asap!