They Sent me a Broken PC AGAIN - $1500 PC Secret Shopper 3 Part 2

Shahrad

Ugreen Nexode 300W GaN Charger:

US ($70 OFF): https://bit.ly/3LZoiYY

CA (C$95 OFF): https://bit.ly/3tu2yxI

Ugreen Nexode RG 30& 65W Chargers:

RG 65W (US) : https://bit.ly/3tJikVu (25% Total OFF : Coupon +Code: 05UgreenLTT )

RG 30W (Purple US) : https://bit.ly/499C4Cj ( 25% Total OFF: Coupon +Code: 05UgreenLTT)

RG 65W (CA): https://bit.ly/46TDqie (25% Total OFF: Coupon +Code: 05UgreenLTT)

The computers are here, it’s time to unbox them and see what we got! Who was fastest? Who had the best shipping materials? Did we even get what we asked for?

When doing the pcpartpicker list, do you use the default sellers like amazon,bestbuy or newegg to get the cheapest price or do you use 1 seller. Cause I would imagine some times the prices will only be cheaper cause the list uses like 5 different sellers to estimate your PC list cost. But I realistically dont think people are actually going to make 5 accounts for different websites just to get a cheaper price. I think they would just use a single seller even though they can save a little bit of money. Maybe you could try doing that on the next secret shopper ?

I posted this as a comment on youtube, but I'll put it here as well:

MSI motherboards on system integration systems use a custom firmware that you cannot easily upgrade to a regular MSI firmware. I ran into this issue on my Maingear PC when I needed to upgrade the firmware to use direct memory access with my Nvidia GPU. I bought the PC expecting standard components, and the firmware issue really surprised me. I would appreciate it if you would mention this in your next video.

not sure how good that ugreen message was.

Also it can be a reason as to why USB C is on the back, as not that many cases support them good enough or only 1.
So having more in the back can be an easier spot to put them, wish my motherboard did that... as I can't use mine currently without modding to the case etc. which I dont have.

32 minutes ago, thejevans said:

I posted this as a comment on youtube, but I'll put it here as well:

MSI motherboards on system integration systems use a custom firmware that you cannot easily upgrade to a regular MSI firmware. I ran into this issue on my Maingear PC when I needed to upgrade the firmware to use direct memory access with my Nvidia GPU. I bought the PC expecting standard components, and the firmware issue really surprised me. I would appreciate it if you would mention this in your next video.

Ugh, I have the  same/similar scenario with the wife's PC she got 2nd hand. A Cyberpower PC with a Gigabyte B560 intel board. Normal board and firmware are for the DS3H-AC. But the Cyberpower one is a DS3H-AC-Y1!

Conflicting info online about whether standard bios files would work, so I didn't want to risk it. No real help on the general customer facing Cyberpower website. No info on Gigabyte's. But eventually found a link on an obscure forum somewhere that led me to a file directory on Cyberpower's site with a newer (still not newest) bios. 

Very annoying.

5 minutes ago, Holmes108 said:

Ugh, I have the  same/similar scenario with the wife's PC she got 2nd hand. A Cyberpower PC with a Gigabyte B560 intel board. Normal board and firmware are for the DS3H-AC. But the Cyberpower one is a DS3H-AC-Y1!

Conflicting info online about whether standard bios files would work, so I didn't want to risk it. No real help on the general customer facing Cyberpower website. No info on Gigabyte's. But eventually found a link on an obscure forum somewhere that led me to a file directory on Cyberpower's site with a newer (still not newest) bios. 

Very annoying.

I got a response from Maingear on Youtube saying that they're happy to provide upgraded firmware if I call their support line, but that is just not a serviceable solution. Why is this not clearly stated on their website? Why can't they just host the downloads instead of forcing customers to call in? Why do they need custom firmware AT ALL? For a splash screen? Give me a break. It's a perfect example of unintended enshitification/obsolescence.

Just as a small point of clarification, the 8gb 4060 ti offers the same performance as the 16gb version. The only difference is the vram.

Are the PC Partpicker lists supposed to be the exact same core components? On the NZXT comparison, the PC Partpicker list has an RTX 3070 Ti 8GB while the NZXT system has an RTX 4060 Ti

At 26:56 the pc on the left is configured with 2x 8 for 16 gb but on the right it was 4x 8 for 32gb. The one on the left is 1 TB and the one on the right is 2TB

Is the video being replaced? It just got privated.

Just now, mentz said:

Yeah I was in the middle of watching it, too. 😞

Yea I was in the middle of watching and it stopped me, said the video was private. Really weird.

Looks like the complaints were received and the changes after the week shutdown were real.  It went private right when I went to watch it.

Yep only got less than 3 minutes in and it was gone.

Any idea why it was made private? I was only half way through but it seemed fine

Just now, JiveTurkeyJim said:

Yeah I was in the middle of watching it, too. 😞

Same here. Came here to see if someone might have posted something that caused them to take it down.

It seems as if it might have been hijacked, immediately after, it started playing but this is what it says, Bot Archive?!?! This was from my Watch History.

16977634423006464460587937388033.jpg

Just now, Dr. S.A. Henry said:

It seems as if it might have been hijacked, immediately after, it started playing but the is what it says by Bot Archive?!?!

16977634423006464460587937388033.jpg

Oh no 😞 are we going to see Linus in his underwear again?

2 minutes ago, mentz said:

Yeah. I gave the vide a thumbs up, wanted to see comments and then I saw the comments weren't loading. I refreshed the page to find a private video.

They might have found a lot of mistakes that need the video to be made private. The reply above the performance of the 4060 Ti 8GB is one. The reply by @BamiGroenteis also another thing...

Also that eco-friendly sponsor messaging by UGREEN is a big load of bullocks. By... 2050?! You guys realize it's in TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS, right?

2 minutes ago, mentz said:

Oh no 😞 are we going to see Linus in his underwear again?

Don't know, just seems really odd how this is what it shows in my History. Didn't do the whole private video thing with me, just said Oops something went wrong, and when I refreshed it started playing some Japanese music, and said "Bot Archive"

I just watched the first part cause I saw the second one was up. Went to view part 2 and it was gone. I wonder what was the issue that made them pull it.

this is why

Zalman Z9 Plus - GTX 660 TI - i5 2500k @ 4ghz - MSI 1155 Intel P67 - Corsair CMPSU-750HX - 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 - Seagate ST3500413AS 500GB - Seagate ST2000DL003 2TB Backup Storage -  Old CBA to change it.