A bit of Google fiber in Atlanta news.

fredey

Nah, Google Fiber in NY would be nice. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I would not touch Google fiber even it was in Finland, they probably spy on you with it.

I am perfectly fine with my 24Mbit download, but upload could be a bit higher than 1Mbit/s thought.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Nah, Google Fiber in NY would be nice. 

Agreed.

Yep.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I would not touch Google fiber even it was in Finland, they probably spy on you with it.

I am perfectly fine with my 24Mbit download, but upload could be a bit higher than 1Mbit/s thought.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I don't even

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

>implying your current ISP doesn't

Dude. You use the internet, you're fair game to the entirety of the internet. 

Google doesn't need to be your ISP to have information on you. Think you'll find that if you have any accounts on the internet if you Google your account username the search results will be quite scary.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Dude. You use the internet, you're fair game to the entirety of the internet. 

Google doesn't need to be your ISP to have information on you. Think you'll find that if you have any accounts on the internet if you Google your account username the search results will be quite scary.

But still Google can get way more information by being someones ISP.

And I trust my isp way more than Google, it shouldn't at least have any direct contact with NSA.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

And I trust my isp way more than Google, it shouldn't at least have any direct contact with NSA.

As if your government isn't spying on you

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Who the F cares if they do have direct contact? None of that crap effects you whatsoever unless you're doing illegal shit like planning mass murders.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Would be great if they extended an hour or two outside the city. I would sign up in a heartbeat.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

As if your government isn't spying on you

is your title a Macbeth reference?

Google fiber in Norway would be awesome!

Oh wait, we have Altibox which soon will offer both 1Gbps/1Gbps and 10Gbps/10Gbps : D (The last one insanely expensive ofcourse, the first one, expensive, but reasonable expensive)

Oh, and their lowest available speed is 25/25Mbps (From August, 35/35)

Sorry, just felt like telling about it

Anyhoes, Google fiber seems like what USA really, really needs. From what I have read on this forum and other places your ISP's are a bunch of ginormouse duchebags

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Google Fibre is the UK would be nice

Fiber

Would be great if they extended an hour or two outside the city. I would sign up in a heartbeat.

i know the feels man

At least you governments are doing something to allow google fibre. The Australian is paying $40 billion to cover the country in a mish mash of sub-par technologies with will never see us past 25down/1up.

To make matters worse google couldn't step in with google fibre even if they wanted to because of anti cherry picking laws which won't allow any telcos to build new networks so there's no competition.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

At least you governments are doing something to allow google fibre. The Australian is paying $40 billion to cover the country in a mish mash of sub-par technologies with will never see us past 25down/1up.

To make matters worse google couldn't step in with google fibre even if they wanted to because of anti cherry picking laws which won't allow any telcos to build new networks so there's no competition.

TPG and OPTUS are building there own fibre to the basement in apartment buildings in major cities also telstra is thinking about it hence why nbn co estimated revenues have dropped significantly also those companies above found a loop hole in that law that's how they are doing it but we are still going to have shit Internet if u don't live in an apartment in a city.

OMG PLEASE! Although I doubt it will happen where I live.