A bit of Google fiber in Atlanta news.

fredey

Gross.

Why on Earth with Google waste their time in that city for? What's next, Detroit?

The pretty skyline in google images is nothing like actually being there.

Fibre & fiber are both correct.

Back in your box grammar nazi :P

I am not a grammar nazi. I'm just for the good of Murcia!

TPG and OPTUS are building there own fibre to the basement in apartment buildings in major cities also telstra is thinking about it hence why nbn co estimated revenues have dropped significantly also those companies above found a loop hole in that law that's how they are doing it but we are still going to have shit Internet if u don't live in an apartment in a city.

Yeh that's still only in major cities and it doesn't extend far from their CBD's. The problem is that the Telcos need to do that in the first place. If we had the original NBN the telcos would have absolutely no need in the slightest to plan new networks, because they would be redundant in comparison.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

Thought I would share this e-mail I got from google maybe interesting. 

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2014-05-17 um 20.10.21.png

What I find interesting is that you live in Germany, yet Google sent you an email with the good news that Atlanta, Georgia may soon get Google fiber!  :P

Gross.

Why on Earth with Google waste their time in that city for? What's next, Detroit?

339acb6b_CharlieMurphyLaugh.gif

Cess Pull? What the hell is a cess pull? And you're calling Atlanta people stupid?  HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA I can't breath! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH I can't breath! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't breath! HAHAHAHAHAAAA My shoe!

Bad traffic and high crime rate? Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssseeee me! Dallas ain't exactly Disneyland, my brother! Dallas is just as bad as Atlanta or any other large city!

Pfft, you must have fell and bumped your head while out catching butterflies!  :P  

I have Google Fiber and can confirm it is made of pure awesome.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

Why would google waste time putting fiber in Atlanta, everyone up there is too busy shooting and eating each other to need fast internet.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Gross.

Really? I've always thought Atlanta was nice and if I ever moved to America it would be a place I would consider living in I also watch a moto vlogger who lives there and the traffic doesn't look bad at all and right in the centre on some days it's completely dead.

P.S he's had like 4 bikes stolen in a very short period if time :S

Atlanta also holds the busiest airport in the world (Hartsfield-Jackson) and contains many entertainment industries and so forth. The urban environment is perfect for Google Fiber. I live in Metro-Atlanta, but as I acquire an apartment nearer to downtown Atlanta I will definitely check out Google Fiber when fully setup.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313