i9 7920 X delid drect diy temps question

thrasher_565

using a hold down der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame

if i was smart i would have gotten temps before deliding but i didn't and was wonder if the temp are fine? seems a bit high for a delid. keep in mind that the cpu fan is only at 1300 rpm but its hitting 90c on the cores running r23 cinabench.

cpu cooler is a bequiet DARK ROCK TF 2 with just the top fan at 1300ish rpm

i put something across the hold down plate and im not hitting the diy so posably the gap maybe too big? only way to fix it would be to i guess lap the top of it. i think you dont want the cooler to rest on the diy as that can crack it but i dont no.

nothing is oced so its w/e stock.

i no there some bios setting for the x299 that pushes alot more voltage im guessing thats enabled? i think it keeps the cpu at max i guess?

pctemps.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

using a hold down der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame

if i was smart i would have gotten temps before deliding but i didn't and was wonder if the temp are fine? seems a bit high for a delid. keep in mind that the cpu fan is only at 1300 rpm but its hitting 90c on the cores running r23 cinabench.

cpu cooler is a bequiet DARK ROCK TF 2 with just the top fan at 1300ish rpm

i put something across the hold down plate and im not hitting the diy so posably the gap maybe too big? only way to fix it would be to i guess lap the top of it. i think you dont want the cooler to rest on the diy as that can crack it but i dont no.

nothing is oced so its w/e stock.

i no there some bios setting for the x299 that pushes alot more voltage im guessing thats enabled? i think it keeps the cpu at max i guess?

You DO want it hitting the die. What you don't want is it being able to rock back and forth or cantilever. That is what will chip the die. Back in the AMD thunderbird days, they used foam circles on the corners to prevent this.

38 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

You DO want it hitting the die. What you don't want is it being able to rock back and forth or cantilever. That is what will chip the die. Back in the AMD thunderbird days, they used foam circles on the corners to prevent this.

do thows temps seem high?  i should be able to put a pea size thermlpast and it should squish out right?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

so i took off the cooler and used a cpu as a strate edge and it looks ether even with the plate or ever so slight diy like a hair taller... well i used some other past mx-2 new to me but old stuff but i dont think past would make that much of a difference?

well its hitting 93c and throtting on a few cores i just put a pea size past on it. posably something with the mount on the cooler or maybe its concaved? i will be water cooling it with 2x560 rads but still temps seem too hot... 🤔

last test was 92c with 30 min test this time it was 93c in like 3 minits.

i tighten the socket bolts as much as i can so... guess i might need to test a different cooler or cpu block i guess.

3.8mhz and about 190w.

i will be using kpx too just dont want to wast it testing...

Edited by thrasher_565

12 hours ago, NorKris said:

i mean, 200w , weak cooler

hmm ya probly a comb of things.

well i made a test platform for fans i guess...

the gentle typhoon from xpg lasted the 30 minit test at 90c...

artic p120 didnt make it pas 10

articp140 made it passed the 10 minit

testing the Thermalright TL-B12 120mm atm made the 10mini at 90, aslo have the 140 its louder then the gentle typhoon xpg

Edited by thrasher_565

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

need an AIO for that boi  if u going to push it 😛 

ya looking like it or the best cooler w/e that is... thow an aio beat the best cooler any so i think 2x 560mm rads sould do right? + kpx...