I’m Staying on AMD!

Other James
3 hours ago, Cave_Johnson82 said:

Does anyone know why Linus is using speakers from like 2011 (seems like he's using corsair sp 2500). I mean they're not bad, but I thought Linus would use something ultra high-tech stuff, you know? (You can see them at 2:45 in the video)

Linus is known to be a audiophile. I tell you when you like something it just stays.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 hours ago, Cave_Johnson82 said:

Does anyone know why Linus is using speakers from like 2011 (seems like he's using corsair sp 2500). I mean they're not bad, but I thought Linus would use something ultra high-tech stuff, you know? (You can see them at 2:45 in the video)

Speaker tech isn't something that changes much. If you've got some speakers from the 80s that sound good, they're still good.

I just came here to say, good video 🙂

I switched to AMD GPU a year ago from 1080 Ti --> 6800 XT and have honestly not encountered any problems. The only "problem" I've had was when recording with AMD Relive then the audio quality was pretty bad, but I changed all my recording with OBS instead and the issue is fixed :).

Other than that I've had a pretty smooth sailing so far, always read driver reviews before installing since I know that AMD drivers often can have issues etc.

Isn't the video showing in 12:36 that the encoding speed is faster on AMD?

Hello all, I am coming here today to share some information regarding one of the issues on RDNA3 GPUs in this video.

Tears of the Kingdom Vulkan Bug on yuzu

The system in this screenshot is most likely the ROG Ally, which is running the Z1 Extreme SoC from AMD featuring RDNA3 graphics. This issue was present on all RDNA3-based GPUs and there are actually two different issues for this specific game related to RDNA3 exclusively. Number one is what is pictured in the screenshot in this video, and number two isn't pictured, but I have attached an example image to this post. The thing is the first issue was fixed already in the main Windows drivers, but AMD unfortunately still doesn't support the Z1 Extreme GPUs in their official driver package yet, so users are stuck waiting for Asus to release the modified version of the driver that supports these GPUs. The second issue presumably has a fix in the works at this point, but as for when that will release with the official driver package, let alone the Ally's, nobody knows.

The Bad Part

Unfortunately, although the "fix" is in place for the first issue, it appears to be some kind of application-specific blacklist for the yuzu emulator alone, as both Ryujinx (Another PC Switch emulator), and Cemu (Wii U emulator; specifically Breath of the Wild, as the Wii U doesn't have Tears of the Kingdom) exhibit the same behavior prior to the fix. This most likely indicates that the core Vulkan issue was not fixed, meaning the "fix" is actually just a workaround. Better still, even just running the game on yuzu through RenderDoc uncovers the issue once again, which is another blatant example of a workaround, as it is most likely detecting a different path or disabling the workaround in some way.

Note: I report driver bugs, so these are just my two cents on the issue, feel free to contact me for more information or questions through Discord with my handle: @moonlacer. I am also in the LTT Discord server, should you choose to message me there.

Rainbow Lines.png

9 hours ago, Cave_Johnson82 said:

I own a set, the sound quality is absolutely awesome...and honestly if it ain't broke?

5 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

Speaker tech isn't something that changes much. If you've got some speakers from the 80s that sound good, they're still good.

Agreed, I own a pair of slightly modified 1985 Polk Audio SDA 2 speakers with a high powered dedicated amplifier feeding them upwards of 305W a channel...at 4 ohms, let's just say I haven't heard anything modern that can touch them for sound quality and sound stage. WIth the right music I can damn near re-create a live performance with the sub in the mix.

I switched to AMD last Gen and recently upgraded to a 7900 XT because I got a 4k monitor. Things have been really smooth for me though that may because I'm using Linux (Nobara specifically) and didn't get a 7000 series till a month ago. Maybe the AMD Linux drivers are more reliable than Windows?

8 hours ago, joeygreco1985 said:

Serious question, whats the main benefit to going with an AMD card nowadays other than the cost? Like I'm watching this video and at the end Luke says "There might be some minor issues but theres a lot of benefits." What are they? 

I think it really comes down to whether you deem the DLSS suite of features and Ray Tracing to be worth the extra cost of an Nvidia card nowadays. If you think you can go without them then pay less for an AMD card. 

Its mostly cost and "morality"

Nvidia is running such a insane racket with pricing now that if you can get similar performance and good enough features why spend more for a company that is both charging a insane amount and is constantly trying to sell worse products at higher margins

Two issues I run into with current AMD drivers:

1. sleep issues: graphical errors after walking up from sleep (once in a while) on one of the connected display (it's always just one and never all of them)

2. USB cameras with bad data (e.g. bitflip) causing the entire graphic driver to crash and not recover on it's own.

1 hour ago, The_Machine125 said:

Nvidia is running such a insane racket with pricing now

If you don't need CUDA there is not much in favour of NVidia right now. AMD drivers aren't the best but they are good enough for day to day use.

Time will tell if NVidia shoot themselves by fuelling the perception of them being bad value.

People never go out of business.

Really Interesting Video I have to say. I myself switched to an AMD GPU earlier this Year after being on "Team Green" for over a Decade at his point and my GTX 1080Ti showed its Age when running 2 (W)QHD Displays.

My 7900 XTX (Overclocked, 26GB VRAM) runs fine so far and I had few Issues with it in Games. However I have the same Isssue Luke Mentions at 6:18 with Youtube "hanging" on a Frame and having Video / Sound Stutter. However this seems more Google Chrome related then AMD GPU related, since Youtube runs just fine in Firefox / Brave without any Issue.

10 hours ago, joeygreco1985 said:

Serious question, whats the main benefit to going with an AMD card nowadays other than the cost? Like I'm watching this video and at the end Luke says "There might be some minor issues but theres a lot of benefits." What are they? 

I think it really comes down to whether you deem the DLSS suite of features and Ray Tracing to be worth the extra cost of an Nvidia card nowadays. If you think you can go without them then pay less for an AMD card. 

I think the bifference is not only in Price. Sure DLSS and Stuff like that is still a consideration factor, however Powerconsumption and Thermals are much better with AMD imo. My GPU rearly goes above 80 with full load (and its reallly hot here) and the Powerconsumtion is really reasonable even on High Loads

13 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

If had a lot in 2022 with my 6900 XT i would've RMA'd my card if it was 10 times worse, i always believed it to be driver issue which why i even switched to linux at some point.

My biggest annoyances right now with AMD is skiping over feedback and dealing with it 1 and half year later.

Things i wanna see fixed/added

Open bug report feature request platform with upvote system.

Better idle power consumption.

HDR support for AMD relive recording or least tonemaping down to SDR preferably just HDR support.

Better FSR2 utilize AI

FSR3 as well as utilizing AI

Better optimization for RT, its the whole Tessellation BS all over again just add FSR4 to regain RT details that are lost at less performance penalty.

Utilizing AI more for games where it makes sense.

Maturer ROCm and create more new features instead of only chasing after NVIDIA.

I want NVIDIA to be afraid of AMD even more, so they finally fix their control panel from the stone age they been slacking off on for years now.

If been using riser for a long time without issue, when i had issues with drivers in 2022 if had both a riser and no riser, my issues started without a riser, i also switched to linux which made my problems go away, luke probably has no issues with he's riser unless its of low quality, pci-e 4.0 risers these days are all fine, i would do a PCI-E bandwith test in 3dmark you can see if its a problem or not, altho i do not know if there is a better way to check, some one from lab may know, might be interesting video testing multiple riser cables including Luke's riser cable.

I'm pretty sure Luke needed to set the PCIe interface to 3.0. The cards aren't realistically bandwidth heavy enough to need more than 3.0 x16 still.  But 4.0 (and 5.0)'s signaling requirements would likely have been the majority of the cause there.  Though it seems AMD has improved the handling of that really dumb use case Luke has created. (Likely because of failure tolerance issues with low quality motherboards needing to be dealt with.)

AMD's GPU driver department has always seemed understaffed. Which it was for a long while. Also, Nvidia pays top of the market for GPU driver talent. And, realistically, post the 2019 driver rework, everything has been generally stable. Or as stable as Nvidia in most cases.

Also, Luke mentions "after reinstalling" the card... which probably means his previous install  (and or Nvidia removal) wasn't clean. Which might explain the riser card issues.

13 hours ago, Middcore said:

Been using RX 6000 series cards for about 2.5 years now, used an RX 5700 for about a year before that. Here are the issues I've experienced:

-There is a feature in the AMD graphics drivers called "ultra-low power state" which seems to have been designed to essentially put the second card in a Crossfire configuration into a power-sipping dormant state when it's not being utilized. Despite Crossfire being dead for all practical purposes, this "feature" is still in modern AMD drivers, or at least was until recently, and at one point last year I had a problem where somehow this "ULPS" was coming on and preventing the single card in my system from waking up. When I disabled ULPS in the registry the issue went away. AMD should just purge their drivers of anything meant for Crossfire at this point.

-The current (23.9.2 and 23.9.3) Adrenalin drivers have an issue with mouse stutter and freezes in Chromium-based browsers, and also if you have GPU rendering enabled in Steam web view. Turning off hardware acceleration in the browser and Steam "fixes" it. I have rolled back to 23.9.1 for the time being. There is active discussion about this on AMD's forums.

That is the sum total of the negative experiences I have had with AMD GPU's in 3.5 years of daily use. 

Of course, my positive anecdotal experiences will never be as valid as other people's negative anecdotal experiences, and all of the anecdotal problems people report here with their Nvidia GPU's never form into a "lol Nvidia" narrative for some reason. 🤷‍♂️ 🙄

I've had mostly minimal issues for years on AMD cards. Used both.  At least Nvidia's control panel finally loads like it's a current program and now running on Windows 98.

12 hours ago, Middcore said:

I will say that "Have you tried it without the riser cable?" is one of the very first things anybody on this forum with any knowledge would suggest if someone came here and said they were having GPU issues and used a riser cable. 

He likely needed to force PCIe 3.0 connection. It likely couldn't maintain 4.0, was falling back to 1.0 then kicking back up. GPUs drop the connection speed to save power, it's one of those tricks they brought to desktop from Mobile.

5 hours ago, Greeble said:

I switched to AMD last Gen and recently upgraded to a 7900 XT because I got a 4k monitor. Things have been really smooth for me though that may because I'm using Linux (Nobara specifically) and didn't get a 7000 series till a month ago. Maybe the AMD Linux drivers are more reliable than Windows?

AMD's Linux driver is awesome and seems to work better than their Windows drivers for most things, haha.

3 hours ago, The_Machine125 said:

Its mostly cost and "morality"

Nvidia is running such a insane racket with pricing now that if you can get similar performance and good enough features why spend more for a company that is both charging a insane amount and is constantly trying to sell worse products at higher margins

Nvidia is forever attempting to extract as much money as it tries to move to anything else that isn't a Consumer GPU market. They really hate being in the market they're in.

However, Nvidia's killer feature is NVENC. And it's really the only one that matters. Ray Tracing will matter more from the upcoming next generations and on, but it's still mostly just a "that's neat" feature right now. All of the Anti-aliasing technologies went through this process. They're in the cards several generations before they actually practical.

1 hour ago, Illiminator31 said:

Really Interesting Video I have to say. I myself switched to an AMD GPU earlier this Year after being on "Team Green" for over a Decade at his point and my GTX 1080Ti showed its Age when running 2 (W)QHD Displays.

My 7900 XTX (Overclocked, 26GB VRAM) runs fine so far and I had few Issues with it in Games. However I have the same Isssue Luke Mentions at 6:18 with Youtube "hanging" on a Frame and having Video / Sound Stutter. However this seems more Google Chrome related then AMD GPU related, since Youtube runs just fine in Firefox / Brave without any Issue.

I think the bifference is not only in Price. Sure DLSS and Stuff like that is still a consideration factor, however Powerconsumption and Thermals are much better with AMD imo. My GPU rearly goes above 80 with full load (and its reallly hot here) and the Powerconsumtion is really reasonable even on High Loads

Radeon Chill is the best feature of the Driver and it's not even close. 

Chromium has regularly had really weird issues with the AMD decoder. And it's really a Chromium issue, but since so many products use that as the basis, AMD Driver department seems to forever be chasing the problems around.  It's the reason there's issues that drop up in Steam, Discord or even Teams.

The one issue with the high idle power draw is actually the memory having to run at full to keep up whatever is going on with the Windows Display Driver. If you fiddle with your monitor's refresh rate (generally over 120 Hz has to maintain the full RAM power draw), you can generally get it to sit back at its normal low idle.  Nvidia doesn't have this issue in Single Monitor setups (generally does depending on the multi-monitor setup), but Nvidia's much more CPU demanding Windows Driver is likely the reason they can keep the idle power lower.

My only issue with AMD drivers is that my Radeon RX550 GPU does not work with HDMI to VGA adapter when running on AMD drivers (it does that fine with basic VESA built-in drivers, which means that it's definitely a driver issue), but DVI to VGA adapter works fine somehow. That's a very niche usecase, but I like my old Samsung LCD and use it with more modern monitors, so having an HDMI to VGA adapter issues feels very bad for me, especially since having DVI-D port on a brand new GPU is quickly getting more and more uncommon...

Yes, I had an account here before. Do not ask me about something related to current political events in the part of the planet I live in - I wouldn't answer that for my own sake and safety. Feel free to address me with any other kind of questions.

There is only a 100 bucks difference between the cheapest 4080 and the cheapest 7900XTX ( the AMD card will still cost more on the long run with the poor power management). Given the long list of shortcomings, at $1000 price point I'd pick the 4080 every time. I have no love for a corporation, if AMD wants to win me over then they should first put up a much better fight against DLSS, and also pull that price down a whole a lot more than just 100 dollars. Also stop paying off devs to exclude competitor's upscalers.

16 hours ago, joeygreco1985 said:

As others have mentioned the biggest is Linux support. Nvidia still isn't great at using Wayland, and while from a technical perspective Intel's drivers are the ones that are best designed, Intel Arc isn't necessarily something everyone wants to deal with so some like myself choose AMD.

Some issues LUKE facing is happed to me on a AMD Laptop (vega igpu) 

1. Youtube/Netflix video Randomly cuts out (i genuinely thought it is either brave or extensions.) 

2. Random BSOD when Plugging in a monitor that supports Freesync 

3. Hard crashes (likely Memory leak bcz i seen it use a lot of ram) caused by the AMD Data collector thingy removing it fixed issue (have to do it every time i update drivers)

4. Input lag after waking from sleep. (GPU driver restart (win+ctrl+shft+B)) fixes the issue always

Some could be windows Things but i never had any of these problems on a Intel+Nvidia  PC Or Using the same laptop with Linux i dont know who is at fault here 🙂

37 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

Some issues LUKE facing is happed to me on a AMD Laptop (vega igpu) 

1. Youtube/Netflix video Randomly cuts out (i genuinely thought it is either brave or extensions.) 

2. Random BSOD when Plugging in a monitor that supports Freesync 

3. Hard crashes (likely Memory leak bcz i seen it use a lot of ram) caused by the AMD Data collector thingy removing it fixed issue (have to do it every time i update drivers)

4. Input lag after waking from sleep. (GPU driver restart (win+ctrl+shft+B)) fixes the issue always

Some could be windows Things but i never had any of these problems on a Intel+Nvidia  PC Or Using the same laptop with Linux i dont know who is at fault here 🙂

In Order: 1 - Chromium's engine development staff breaking things regularly. 2 - Windows Display Driver Monitor handling (Freesync is actually a VESA standard). 3 - AMD 4 - As much as I want to say Windows, it's probably more the Laptop's firmware that's to blame for that one. Low Power State management is mostly the domain of the laptop manufacturer.

23 hours ago, Other James said:

Back in March Luke, Jake, and myself all switched over to AMD to test our resolve after renouncing the 40 series. So are we sticking with AMD, or did we go crawling back to Nvidia?

Buy a PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Graphics Card: https://geni.us/mDl4bq8

Buy a Seasonic Prime TX-1000 80+ Titanium PSU: https://geni.us/w5pR4

Buy an XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Graphics Card: https://geni.us/muzK78

Buy a Seasonic Prime TX-850 80+ Titanium PSU: https://geni.us/B5CJz1

Buy a PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT Graphics Card: https://geni.us/gC3cd0

Buy a Seasonic Focus GX-850 80+ Gold PSU: https://geni.us/JUGwV9

Buy an XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Graphics Card: https://geni.us/yiueR

Buy a Seasonic Focus GX-750 80+ Gold PSU: https://geni.us/O6Taa

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

DO NOT BUY AMD. (for now...)

This video is grossly irresponsible because we are STILL being affected by driver timeout issues on 23.9.3, here is a survey of people trying to figure out if it's a hardware combination.

My set up.

GPU 7900 XTX (XFX Merc)
CPU 7900X
RAM Trident Z5 Neo 64gb 6000Mhz CL30 (AMD EXPO)
PSU A100G PCIE5 1000W MSI
MOBO MSI X670e Carbon Wifi
OS Windows 11Pro

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScL7m-EGEsA3x4-0Td7dD-HXXUngZvL52y-oRoqwvRXfK7j1Q/viewanalytics

My PSU is the newest of the new, literally, it's a PCIE5 A1000G MSI. And to this DAY I still get this issue across multiple games, with zero public response from AMD. To the point, they (AMD) actually shadow-banned this topic from the Reddit, and then directed us to the AMD support forums. Where they have soundly ignored us.

When we moved our threads over there (and some new ones popped up) AMD never ended up responding to a single one.

https://community.amd.com/t5/unreal-engine-discussions/unreal-engine-5-1-with-directx12-crashing-with-7900-xt/m-p/602703

https://community.amd.com/t5/pc-building/keep-getting-amd-driver-timeout-error-in-my-new-rx7600/m-p/619925/highlight/true#M2204

(Mine)

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900-xtx-drivers-crash-multiple-games/m-p/599145/highlight/true#M173161

Here is a publication still trying to help people fix this issue to this day, posted in September 2023. These suggestions have been tried for quite a while for the most part, with a few ones. Suggestions to turn off MPO, Super Scaling, etc have existed to this day with extremely limited success.

https://www.makeuseof.com/amd-driver-timeout-tdr-windows/

Working alongside XFX and AMD in e-mail chains etc these are some of the steps I have tried.

• Windows 10 Install fresh computer
  • 32 - 64 GB of RAM (DDR5)
  • Turning off EXPO for RAM
  • Turned it back on for RAM
  • Windows 10 Reformat when issues first showed up in a game
POST WINDOWS 11
  • Windows 11 Clean install new NVME
  • Turning off EXPO for RAM
  • Turned it back on for RAM
  • Attempted to turn off super sampling etc.
  • DDU, new drivers
  • DDU, new drivers
  • DDU, new drivers
  • DDU, direct drivers
  • DDU, new drivers, uninstall wallpaper engine
  • DDU, new drivers, attempt to run games without LD Player running
  • DDU, new drivers, 1 monitor only

Also attempted new drivers here and I forgot to list out that I ran MemTest at the suggestion of XFX and ADA64 etc. No memory errors what-so-ever.This issue still exists, and is hitting me on;

Crashing Games:

Unreal: Unreal Editor, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Deus Ex Human revolition, Several Indie games

Unity: Phantom Brigade

Autodesk Stingray: Darktide, Vermintine 2

Sekiro Enigne: Armoured Core 6

Games that run Fine:

RedEngine: Cyberpunk 2077

Unity: Battletech, ShadowRun, Sattelite Reign, Scorn, bunch of Indies

CryEngine: MechWarriorOnline, Shatterline, Star Scamizen

Gamebryo: Starfield (Post patch)

GameMaker: Holocure

Slipstream: Halo Infinite

Now here's the kicker... a friend of mine (I met him trying to fix this problem) has OPPOSITE -games that run and do not run. He can play Armoured Core 6, but Cyberpunk 2077 crashes. Even a person in this thread here reported no issue, only to find an issue with starfield... where I have none! Turning off FSR seems to have fixed his issue for him, but I have had several false positive fixes until the issue popped up again.

When playing Phantom Brigade as a tester, it only crashes in the mission. never world map. Same with darktide, the hub NEVER crashers, but missions do. I was playing Phantom Brigade and then had the crash, someone on the AMD forums suggested a driver timeout delay registry edit, which I did! I set it back to TWO HOURS. I then played Phantom Brigade for TWELVE HOURS straight with no crashes!

Until when I was certain it was fine, so I went on one last mission... crashed. Discord will close (most of the time), audio keeps playing on youtube videos, etc. All the issues some people in this video reported are still happening to this day. See this here, bear in mind me hitting CTRL ALT DELETE did not bring it out of this state, it just timed out. I started recording about a minute into the crash.

This issue affects us AMD 7XXX users to this day, from the 7600 to my 7900 XTX. There is no solution, AMD is not offering any public answers even though the reps we work with are... trying their best, but are extremely limited and just keep telling us to DDU and send MS32 and DxDiag.

Also, to prempt "AMD hater" arguments... no. I still have my R9 290x which lasted me 13 years, zero issues, no driver issues, nothing. It still works to this day though I replaced it for encoders. Before this I had an ATI HD 7970, before that an HD 5650, before that... I forget the number but I had all the top of the line ancient ATI cards which worked to this day, I sold them to some retro gamers and they love them... actually made a huge profit on them because they were the best of the best cards of the time lol. One of them has a specific shader suite that is the only card that can run shadows on Advent Rising.

I have a second backup build which is;

GPU 7600 (XFX 3x fan)
CPU 5600X
RAM G.Skill TridentZ 32gb

PSU Some 800W Corsair semi-modular lol
MOBO X470-F Strix Gaming (oh man what a garbage MOBO)
OS Windows 11Pro

Which I bought before I realised I had these issues, since all I played was Cyberpunk and Darktide I just assumed Darktide was broken... until I tried UE editor, then I tried Deus Ex, and other games had this crashing issue. I basically had no chance to return this Graphics Card because the issue can remain latent/dormant until you find a game you want to play that does not work. And those games can be old or VERY modern, Phantom Brigade JUST RELEASED. And I am incapable of playing a game I purchased because of AMD.

I am also a Game Developer, and while i work on Unity now, I want to switch Unreal... which is impossible for me because I cannot run the editor without driver timeouts. While other people I know on 7900 XTX can, and others also can't. There is something deeply wrong and falwed with AMDs drivers right now. And to recommend them is IRRESPONSIBLE.

Even in this video they are STILL having these issues on the latest drivers... to recommend them just because "Oh it would suck for there to be no competition with Nvidia..." I mean who cares, these driver issues should make it a HARD WARNING against this card. Dozens of us have been sending e-mails to GN, Hardware Unboxed, AMD, etc to be ignored. This video shows the issues STILL plaguing us to this day.

1 minute ago, Valaska said:

DO NOT BUY AMD. (for now...)

This video is grossly irresponsible

Your comment is grossly irresponsible for not being specific.

I have a 6800XT and it's been perfect since I got it, therefore it is inaccurate and irresponsible to tell people not to buy from a brand when your issue is with a specific product line.

How irresponsible it is to conflate AMD with the 7XXX series GPU product line!

21 hours ago, themrsbusta said:

Luke using a stinky riser and later saying that Radeon it has problems 🤣

For real?

Bike Fall Meme Generator - Imgflip

The riser is not the issue. This is an issue, inherent, to the 7XXX series. I have no riser, I have the most modern PSU on the market by release date ready for PCIE5 and originates a 16 HPWR to 2x8 pin even. MSI MPG A1000G, this thing is among the best of the best PSUs you can get and guess what... same issues. Hundreds of us, have this issue. We have a hardware survey and barely any of us are using Risers but we to this day all have this issue still.

2 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Your comment is grossly irresponsible for not being specific.

I have a 6800XT and it's been perfect since I got it, therefore it is inaccurate and irresponsible to tell people not to buy from a brand when your issue is with a specific product line.

How irresponsible it is to conflate AMD with the 7XXX series GPU product line!

I listed my exact build.

1 minute ago, Valaska said:

I listed my exact build.

"DO NOT BUY AMD."

You also posted this statement. 

Which, as I have pointed out, is inaccurate, and irresponsible.

39 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

"DO NOT BUY AMD."

You also posted this statement. 

Which, as I have pointed out, is inaccurate, and irresponsible.

The video and discussion is based around the GPUs, specifically. I still recommend their CPUs just fine, even AM5. AM5 gets overly maligned, but is solid so far with MINOR issues. Their GPUs do not have minor issues... and even on the forums you can see some people with, yes, RDNA 2 and 6XXX are actually meeting these same issues. Again, this issue is sporadic and you might not even know you have it, UNTIL you do. That's the scary thing.

28 minutes ago, Valaska said:

The video and discussion is based around the GPUs, specifically. I still recommend their CPUs just fine, even AM5. AM5 gets overly maligned, but is solid so far with MINOR issues. Their GPUs do not have minor issues... and even on the forums you can see some people with, yes, RDNA 2 and 6XXX are actually meeting these same issues. Again, this issue is sporadic and you might not even know you have it, UNTIL you do. That's the scary thing.

But that is for your usecase and workload. 

Not everyone is running the same software and having the same problems.

Just because it is a problem for you and people running the same software, doesn't mean it's a problem for everyone else, and maybe they find value in the products.

But you made an overly broad comment that isn't really accurate.  And are sticking to it, because I guess your workload is the most important thing in the world. 

3 hours ago, Valaska said:

I am also a Game Developer, and while i work on Unity now, I want to switch Unreal... which is impossible for me because I cannot run the editor without driver timeouts. While other people I know on 7900 XTX can, and others also can't. There is something deeply wrong and falwed with AMDs drivers right now. And to recommend them is IRRESPONSIBLE.

Even in this video they are STILL having these issues on the latest drivers... to recommend them just because "Oh it would suck for there to be no competition with Nvidia..." I mean who cares, these driver issues should make it a HARD WARNING against this card. Dozens of us have been sending e-mails to GN, Hardware Unboxed, AMD, etc to be ignored. This video shows the issues STILL plaguing us to this day.

So talking truthfully about their experience with the cards, highlighting all the driver issue they encountered and barely recommending them (like you said because "Oh it would suck for there to be no competition with Nvidia..." which is a valid argument price wise) even though AMD is one of their sponsor is irresponsible?

While not talking at all and ignoring these issues like all the other big tech youtuber is responsible?

You said yourself that "This video shows the issues STILL plaguing us to this day." so while I do understand your frustration, I dont really understand you attacking them.