Tegra K1 benchmarks revealed, destroys the Snapdragon 801

AlexGoesHigh

and by destroy i mean over 50% faster that the 801 and twice or more as fast as the tegra 4, but is better that the benchmarks speak from themselves

Earlier today, Chinese company Xiaomi announced the world's first Tegra K1 powered tablet. While nobody has their hands on the Xiaomi MiPad as of yet, benchmarks of a Tegra K1 based system, featuring 4 GB of RAM, a 320 ppi display and running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, was leaked this evening. GSMArena compiled the results neatly.

The results, speak for themselves. Qualcomm's Krait 400 powered Snapdragon 801 gets left far behind in certain benchmarks. In Basemark X, Tegra K1 simply destroys its biggest competitor.

NVIDIA's updated Tegra K1 SoC, packing 64-bit Denver CPU cores, is due next month. A significant CPU performance boost is expected in the next Tegra K1 chipset.

8649-09dc1576.jpg8649-7dd989b1.jpg

8649-1c2fec41.jpg

Source: NPU

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

PLEASE make the shield 2 use this processor!!

I mean I have been playing HL2 and Portal on my shield and its amazing but this would blow my mind!

EDIT: also there is one of these running in a Lenovo 28" monitor, that is cool. For home users you could just have a normal monitor one of these built in and run really fast android desktop

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wanna know what the battery life is like and how it performs in daily use (non-synthetic stuff).

There's gotta be a reason almost no one uses tegra stuff in their devices, cause the performance potential isn't a reason...

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

I wanna know what the battery life is like and how it performs in daily use (non-synthetic stuff).

There's gotta be a reason almost no one uses tegra stuff in their devices, cause the performance potential isn't a reason...

Well the battery life of the Tegra Note, Microsoft Surface and Shield are very good with the Tegra 4, perhaps they are very expensive compared to Qualcomm etc

I hope this offers similar or better performance

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

many benchmarks will show  great gains even on the same soc because of vendor specific optimization 

for example i just flashed my nexus 5 with a dalvik  optimizer taken from the moto x and gave me a quadrant score of 20000 vs 9000

so take this with salt

but yeah the GPU is killer

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well T4 was less power efficient vs the 800 but i think the main reason is because it doesn't have built in LTE or a broadband modem in general making it a poor choice for smartphone though its still killer for tablets which is weird because theres hardly none tegra tablets after the T3 run

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

All the synthetic benchmark goodness with none of the taste of real butter. Bleh.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I'm pretty sure it destroy the battery as well.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

DESTROY!! man i hate that word.

The current soc we have now are already really fast enough for almost everything. Show me improved real world battery life then we'll talk.

Wow! I didn't realise how competitive the Tegra 4 is still also this is no surprise its Nvidia there boss just like if AMD did this they would probably bring out something better than ARM I know Im an ARM hater for some reason i just don't like them:S

DESTROY!! man i hate that word.

The current soc we have now are already really fast enough for almost everything. Show me improved real world battery life then we'll talk.

well you could clock it at half the speed, matching the SD801 and reduce power consumption, while having a comparable experience

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wow! I didn't realise how competitive the Tegra 4 is still also this is no surprise its Nvidia there boss just like if AMD did this they would probably bring out something better than ARM I know Im an ARM hater for some reason i just don't like them:S

you do know tegra uses ARM cores right?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

you do know tegra uses ARM cores right?

Really wow why does nvidia even bother then -_-

I want to see if apple make the A8 quad, right now the A7 is 10-15% slower than the Krait 400 quad and it has like 60% of the clock and half the cores.

At least in Geekbench.

Really wow why does nvidia even bother then -_-

because an arm licence is free, and it can be modified. that is what denver cores will be. arm architecture, but nvidia design. till now tho, they used the ARM designed A# cores

because an arm licence is free, and it can be modified. that is what denver cores will be. arm architecture, but nvidia design. till now tho, they used the ARM designed A# cores

Why dont they create there own architecture and give us something really incredible be different to everyone else in the mobile market using arm cores and "tweaking" there own versions.

Why dont they create there own architecture and give us something really incredible be different to everyone else in the mobile market using arm cores and "tweaking" there own versions.

because having a different arch means loads more RD costs, plus noone would use it as the devs would have to learn to code for it and all. so unless its as groundbraking to ARM as ARM was to x86 and the likes, then it would be unsuccesfull. (just look at AMD going with a different design of their cores than what was established, and thats within x86 and yet they failed massively) 

ultimately its weighing the options between performance per watt per dollar used to get the new arch up and going. and since arm is established already every dev knows how to code ofr it. and its cheap to make

meh synthetic benchmarks, I can't wait to see gaming benchmarks on games like GTA (for android) and riptide GT etc.

Snapragon is yet to make the next big Snapdragon chip. Snapdragon 801 isn't a "flagship" chip. Flagchip...

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Cool. Not as big of a jump as I hoped though to be honest. Mobile technology is slowly starting to slow down. We're not seeing performance doubling anymore

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Snapragon is yet to make the next big Snapdragon chip. Snapdragon 801 isn't a "flagship" chip. Flagchip...

and this is what is called the tegra synrome. nvidia releases tegra, beating all the chips on the market by a fair margin, quallcomm releases the next flagchip, and beats nvidia by a small margin. hope this is different

for some reason I would still get a snapdragon device...but why didnt they compare it with the 805?

Project Denver

Cool. Not as big of a jump as I hoped though to be honest. Mobile technology is slowly starting to slow down. We're not seeing performance doubling anymore

What..... 2x performance in one gen is doubling.....

for some reason I would still get a snapdragon device...but why didnt they compare it with the 805?

Because it isn't available...... How are they gonna benchmark something they don't have access to.

AWESOME! Next, get a tablet with the K1 (hopefully the next surface) and I have a phone with the Snapdragon 800 processor. So, good performance on all of my systems. I really want a tablet for mobile computer. I have a beast desktop and then a good phone.