Here's a poser of a question about Corsair fans

SimplyChunk
Go to solution Solved by Skyesgaming,
1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Ignore the LEDs

But pretty lights

cute-puppy.gif.9b368f5ab665c9be64d810fe6ea048f3.gif

I have a corsair 220T Airflow but one of the included SP120 RGB Pro fans is starting to rattle.

I also have a Matterhorn...something or other.. 120 single tower cooler.

used to have a corsair H100i RGB Platinum with 2 Corsair ML120 RGB Pro fans on it.

I pulled the fans off the AIO to use on the Matterhorn when I switched back to air cooling.  that when i discovered you can't use two different types of RGB fans on the corsair hub that's in the 220T.

Enough of that anyways on to the poser.  Do you think I can get a 3 pack of either of these fans?  I've looked everywhere.  Amazon.  eBay.  Local computer shops.  There are none of either anywhere to be found.  Does anyone know where i could get them?  I don't mind which ones i get.  whether it's a 3 pack of the SP or a 3 Pack of the ML.  I just don't want to have to shell out for 5r fookin fans. 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Amazon sells SP120 RGB Elites in 3 packs with an iCue lighting node: https://www.amazon.com/corsair-sp120-performance-triple-lighting/dp/B08XJZ82Y8

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

that's good but those are elites.  I'd have to have a second lightning node in my PC to get that all to work. and i don't have the USB headers

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Just now, ChonkerFox said:

that's good but those are elites.  I'd have to have a second lightning node in my PC to get that all to work. and i don't have the USB headers

See i have the lighting node it came with my 220T but for some reason you can't run two different types of corsair fans on it.  So I either need 3 of the SP120 RGB Pros,  one to replace my rattly one in the front and two to go on the air cooler.  Or three of the ML120s to go in the front of the 220T and keep the MLs that are already on the cooler.  If I get those elites I'll be in the same boat of not being able to light all my fans off the one lighting node

Why did all these companies get so greedy when it came to RGB?  It's so stupid that I can't mix and match RGB without an armful of adapter cables or multiple of the same stupid device in my PC hogging resources 

1 hour ago, ChonkerFox said:

Why did all these companies get so greedy when it came to RGB?  It's so stupid that I can't mix and match RGB without an armful of adapter cables or multiple of the same stupid device in my PC hogging resources 

welocme to rgb HELL.

a 3 pack comes with a core controller...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

See i have the lighting node it came with my 220T but for some reason you can't run two different types of corsair fans on it.  So I either need 3 of the SP120 RGB Pros,  one to replace my rattly one in the front and two to go on the air cooler.  Or three of the ML120s to go in the front of the 220T and keep the MLs that are already on the cooler.  If I get those elites I'll be in the same boat of not being able to light all my fans off the one lighting node

If you are referring to the ML120 non-RGB, I bought 2-packs of them in Amazon shortly before xmas. Where are you?

I recommend the MLs over the SP because they are far superior. 

8 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

I'm very surprised you can't mix Corsair fans. I have the 5000X, so now I'm curious to try other RGB fans than my SP120s on the lighting node. 

I assume your problem is only the lighting, right? The fans should spin up no matter which model they are. I recommend you contact Corsair and ask why the incompatibility...

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Just now, RevGAM said:

I assume your problem is only the lighting, right? The fans should spin up no matter which model they are. I recommend you contact Corsair and ask why the incompatibility..

yeah the fans all spin.  It's just the RGB.  Fans with different amounts of RGB lights cannot be mixed on a Corsair Lighting Core Node

Just now, RevGAM said:

If you are referring to the ML120 non-RGB

The two MLs that i have are the ML120 RGB Pros from an old H100i RGB Platinum that died a glorious death on top of a 10900k

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

a 3 pack comes with a core controller...

And this is the problem i have.  Sure i could get another three pack of ML with a second lighting core and use three fans on that 6 port controller and two fans on the 6 port controller i got BUT I haven't got the second USB 2.0 header spare on my motherboard.  I've already got a USB 3.0 7 port card in my system for some extra USBs.   It just baffles me to no end that i can't light two different types of fans on the one lighting core node.  I don't even need to either.  I just need to be able to buy three of either of the two types of fans in my system. but i can't.  there are no SP120 RGB Pro fans available. and there are no ML120 RGB Pro fans available either.  (and YES the 'pro' qualifier in the names of these fans is important because Corsair states as to why the lighting core can't light two different types of fans is because of the number of RGB lights in each one.  So if i get the SP Elites like @Crunchy Dragon suggested.  I'm back to using either two lighting cores or having one set of fans unlit.  I'm not shelling out for RGB if i cannot have it lit.  I'd just be better off grabbing some Arctic 120s for a quarter of the price

2 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

yeah the fans all spin.  It's just the RGB.  Fans with different amounts of RGB lights cannot be mixed on a Corsair Lighting Core Node

The two MLs that i have are the ML120 RGB Pros from an old H100i RGB Platinum that died a glorious death on top of a 10900k

And this is the problem i have.  Sure i could get another three pack of ML with a second lighting core and use three fans on that 6 port controller and two fans on the 6 port controller i got BUT I haven't got the second USB 2.0 header spare on my motherboard.  I've already got a USB 3.0 7 port card in my system for some extra USBs.   It just baffles me to no end that i can't light two different types of fans on the one lighting core node.  I don't even need to either.  I just need to be able to buy three of either of the two types of fans in my system. but i can't.  there are no SP120 RGB Pro fans available. and there are no ML120 RGB Pro fans available either.  (and YES the 'pro' qualifier in the names of these fans is important because Corsair states as to why the lighting core can't light two different types of fans is because of the number of RGB lights in each one.  So if i get the SP Elites like @Crunchy Dragon suggested.  I'm back to using either two lighting cores or having one set of fans unlit.  I'm not shelling out for RGB if i cannot have it lit.  I'd just be better off grabbing some Arctic 120s for a quarter of the price

Either dump the SPs and get MLs, or dump Corsair.  🤔 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

30 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

dump Corsair.  🤔

I like that idea a lot.  least then if i use generic RGB in this case i can sync it all through mystic light and it'll all sync with my motherboard and my graphics card.  I've got a generic RGB hub.  Just need some decent fans with the generic cable

because that's something else about the lighting node is it doesn't have motherboard sync.  so you can ONLY use it through USB and the iCue malware

I wouldn't even mind as much as i do.  but my MSi Z490 Carbon WiFi even has a Corsair header on it.  but i can't for the life of me work out how to use the damned thing

30 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Either dump the SPs and get MLs,

See i don't mind doing this but i can't find any that match the two ML120 RGB Pros I already have.  I think you only ever got these fans with AIO coolers.  I've never seen them sold separately.  and I'm afraid of getting ML120 RGB Elites cause the LED count might not match and I'll be in the same boat.  Again even if i go with SP120s  All i can find is second hand stuff OR SP120 RGB Elites.  No Pros

11 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

getting greedy over connections is a fun one. once upon a time there was an company joining others companies to make a new standard for connecting devices, only for greed to "take them" and then not implementing that new standard them selfs. 

as much as we wanna punish them for not sticking to the standard.... ppl still buy corsair and ppl still buy  iphones(sadly...) 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

getting greedy over connections is a fun one. once upon a time there was an company joining others companies to make a new standard for connecting devices, only for greed to "take them" and then not implementing that new standard them selfs. 

as much as we wanna punish them for not sticking to the standard.... ppl still buy corsair and ppl still buy  iphones(sadly...) 

Yeah, well I didn't buy this 220T new.  It just came in a deal I made and it's a decent size and chassis.  I might just do what @RevGAM has said and dump the Corsair RGB shit out of it entirely.  Lets be honest no matter what RGB you choose you're going to end up with some form of malware on your computer.  But if it's just MSi Mystic light and it does ALL of the RGB in the one program then that'll be a lot better

one usb 2,0 can do 2 usb

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

I like that idea a lot.  least then if i use generic RGB in this case i can sync it all through mystic light and it'll all sync with my motherboard and my graphics card.  I've got a generic RGB hub.  Just need some decent fans with the generic cable

because that's something else about the lighting node is it doesn't have motherboard sync.  so you can ONLY use it through USB and the iCue malware

I wouldn't even mind as much as i do.  but my MSi Z490 Carbon WiFi even has a Corsair header on it.  but i can't for the life of me work out how to use the damned thing

See i don't mind doing this but i can't find any that match the two ML120 RGB Pros I already have.  I think you only ever got these fans with AIO coolers.  I've never seen them sold separately.  and I'm afraid of getting ML120 RGB Elites cause the LED count might not match and I'll be in the same boat.  Again even if i go with SP120s  All i can find is second hand stuff OR SP120 RGB Elites.  No Pros

Understandable. If you want, contact Corsair and see if they can sell you the fans you want. Maybe you'll find something else that will work with the MLs.

You don't need any special, branded software. There's Fan Control and OpenRGB.

Sorry, I don't know about the Corsair thing on your mobo. Can you link to that mobo, please?

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

one usb 2,0 can do 2 usb

yeah but the lighting core comes with an internal connector not the standard external one

12 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Understandable. If you want, contact Corsair and see if they can sell you the fans you want.

I don't think i'll bother.  I'm just gonna get 5 cheap RGB fans with standard connectors on them and run them through the hub i already have.  and rip the corsair rubbish out of this case for good.

13 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

You don't need any special, branded software. There's Fan Control and OpenRGB.

Great, more resource hogs

13 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Sorry, I don't know about the Corsair thing on your mobo. Can you link to that mobo, please?

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z490-GAMING-CARBON-WIFI/Specification

To be honest mate for finding a quick solution to replacing 1 dodgy fan and getting the lights to work on another two.  This thread has got stupidly long. This isn't a diss on this forum, It just shows you the state the PC space is in right now.  The ONLY fucking solution is to ditch FOUR perfectly working fans???  Thats so fucking wasteful!!!

3 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

The ONLY fucking solution is to ditch FOUR perfectly working fans???  Thats so fucking wasteful!!!

cuz of "rattle" or the rgb problem?

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i want to fix both.

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

I've got 5 fans from the SAME MANUFACTURER that can't be lit from a single device from the SAME MANUFACTURER??

It's barmy

1 minute ago, ChonkerFox said:

i want to fix both.

rattle in fans in my  experience only goes away if they are mounted horizontal.

All corsair fans are ARGB and can be easy made to work with  standard ARGB

4 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

I've got 5 fans from the SAME MANUFACTURER that can't be lit from a single device from the SAME MANUFACTURER??

not technically true

Just now, NorKris said:

not technical true

What do you mean by this?  I've got all 5 plugged in to my lightning core node that came with my 220T.  CORSAIR have told me I CANNOT use both types on one lighting core node.  The SL120 and the ML120  have different amounts of LEDs in. This is the reasoning they gave me.

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

rattle in fans in my  experience only goes away if they are mounted horizontal.

How am I supposed to mount my front intake fans horizontally?

1 minute ago, ChonkerFox said:

How am I supposed to mount my front intake fans horizontally?

oke  lets start with this.  how many fans rattle?

7 minutes ago, NorKris said:

All corsair fans are ARGB and can be easy made to work with  standard ARGB

This is true, yes.  IK could convert the proprietary Corsair ARGB connector to a standard ARGB one.  I've costed it up and it's about £60 in converter cables (at around £12 each) plus the cost of a non-proprietary ARGB hub and a single fan to replace the one with the rattle (if i go corsair..around £20)  So that's already looking like the guts of 100 quid

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

oke  lets start with this.  how many fans rattle?

Just the one