SimplyChunk
Go to solution Solved by Skyesgaming,
1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Ignore the LEDs

But pretty lights

cute-puppy.gif.9b368f5ab665c9be64d810fe6ea048f3.gif

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

unlike Kevin Costner

I'm British so I'm a good judge on these thing.  Kevin Costner did a better British accent in Prince of Thieves than Russel Crow did in Robin Hood 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 hours ago, Skyesgaming said:

But pretty lights

cute-puppy.gif.9b368f5ab665c9be64d810fe6ea048f3.gif

Cute puppy but I feel sorry for it.

Pretty useless lights. LOL!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

2 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

I'm British so I'm a good judge on these thing.  Kevin Costner did a better British accent in Prince of Thieves than Russel Crow did in Robin Hood 

I see you're completely ignoring Kevin Costner's pathetic Robin Hood. Good! What about Errol Flynn? I think he was RH back in the 50s?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

I see you're completely ignoring Kevin Costner's pathetic Robin Hood. Good! What about Errol Flynn? I think he was RH back in the 50s?

The best Robin Hood, the only one with a British actor, is Robin Hood Men In Tights. 

90% Dunce, 91% Smooth Brain. Chirstmas Gumpdrops. 

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i rly dont know why ppl doubt me

image.png.58c63ebea0074921d5e9e5656137739f.png

image.png.4e36bf5f9455f7794d0dafe348d2fb4e.png

@thrasher_565 @RevGAM

we would save so much time if ppl did more testing and ..less .. just talking

I told you I don't have any other fans to try in the node.

Just now, RevGAM said:

I told you I don't have any other fans to try in the node.

iknow 🙂 it was not against u,  just info for u 🙂 

Just now, NorKris said:

I'm already aware. 

8 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Is there a version number on your node?

5 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Is there a version number on your node?

not rly, on the back of the PCB it says 94v-0

40 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i rly dont know why ppl doubt me

I have reinstalled iCue for completions sake. 

Here are my settings

icuesettings.thumb.png.cef6b8a7b49071df0335d8087a4e04f1.png

This is my case

image.thumb.jpeg.eb3d1bbb66455ba03f9ff5862337252d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26bb553a0d4795e7000928c6b3ca3e71.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.59ea9a59603b982bc95913874936e4cf.jpeg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

I have reinstalled iCue for completions sake. 

Here are my settings

icuesettings.thumb.png.cef6b8a7b49071df0335d8087a4e04f1.png

This is my case

image.thumb.jpeg.eb3d1bbb66455ba03f9ff5862337252d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26bb553a0d4795e7000928c6b3ca3e71.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.59ea9a59603b982bc95913874936e4cf.jpeg

but u dont have the splitter yet 

37 minutes ago, NorKris said:

but u dont have the splitter yet 

Why would I need the splitter?  I have 5 fans and 6 ports available.

7 minutes ago, NorKris said:

update: best mode is the QL mode, i have 7 fans, 6 channels, 3 diff types of fans.. 100% working 

Still nothing on there.

image.thumb.png.5ceca959dd66ee21278df436c52260ca.png

Same as before Front fans LEDs are lit, cooler fan LEDs are off

21 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

Why would I need the splitter?  I have 5 fans and 6 ports available.

Still nothing on there.

image.thumb.png.5ceca959dd66ee21278df436c52260ca.png

Same as before Front fans LEDs are lit, cooler fan LEDs are off

thats how u can bypass some corsair restrictions.. but testing it now.. it works without... can we get a pic from ur controller? (the wireing and such)

also try the cpu fan in  port 1

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

thats how u can bypass some corsair restrictions.. but testing it now.. it works without... can we get a pic from ur controller? (the wireing and such)

also try the cpu fan in  port 1

yeah i'll be digging it all out tomorrow or thursday for a hoover up under my desk

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

not rly, on the back of the PCB it says 94v-0

Can you post a close-up of both sides, please?

2 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Can you post a close-up of both sides, please?

why lol

Just now, NorKris said:

why lol

I want to see if it's the same as what I have. Mine looks like the one Thrasher posted on page 3. I can't see yours clearly, but it looks like there MAY be a difference.

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

I want to see if it's the same as what I have. Mine looks like the one Thrasher posted on page 3. I can't see yours clearly, but it looks like there MAY be a difference.

yep same as that pic 

we now know that  node pro has more modes, but the modes  node core and node pro(and cmd pro) shares are the same 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

yep same as that pic 

we now know that  node pro has more modes, but the modes  node core and node pro(and cmd pro) shares are the same 

There seems to be one small difference between mine and the one in the picture. To the left and above the word "Corsair" on the PCB, mine has a small chip or something. That image shows a different shape.

Strange...The node shown on the website for my 5000x is NOT the one I got. The port on the left side is absent in mine, and the chip on mine next to "Corsair" is absent on this one.

image.png.bcf026a723762ae2f479c577823a9674.png

20230912_171508.thumb.jpg.93f3b883900db85dd273dccdea6e5a64.jpgMine:

So, I still need to see a photo of yours...Please.

@ChonkerFox

Can you please tell me if either photo looks like yours? Pay close attention to the port on the left and the rectangular component on the right.

Edited by RevGAM
Request to CF, too

39 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Strange...The node shown on the website for my 5000x is NOT the one I got. The port on the left side is absent in mine, and the chip on mine next to "Corsair" is absent on this one.

image.png.bcf026a723762ae2f479c577823a9674.png

20230912_171508.thumb.jpg.93f3b883900db85dd273dccdea6e5a64.jpgMine:

So, I still need to see a photo of yours...Please.

@ChonkerFox

Can you please tell me if either photo looks like yours? Pay close attention to the port on the left and the rectangular component on the right.

yeah, like i said I'll dig it all out tomorrow or thursday when i hoover under my desk

I reached out to Corsair about the question of the lighting node core being able to power different types of fans, as well as why the node shown for my case is different from what I have. The customer service person (and Corsair CSC rarely knows much that is even mildly technical) said that if the RPM and amps were similar, it would work to mix different fans. I asked that they open a ticket to tech support.

I got a response from Tyler A in tech support on both matters.

The picture in the 5000X gallery is a render of the product and may not changes made in production. You are not losing any functionality if your Lighting Node Core does not feature this 7th header and that is why it was excluded from the units. 

The Lighting Node Core does, unfortunately, require all the fans installed to be the same model as well. You would not be able to mix and match fans of different types/LED numbers.

If you take a look at the actual product page for the Lighting Node Core you can see this port is excluded:https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/ambient-lights/cl-8930009/icue-lighting-node-core-digital-fan-rgb-lighting-controller-cl-8930009
?name=image.png

So, @NorKris, I'm afraid that you're going to need to explain how you managed to make it work when Corsair told @ChonkerFoxand me that it's not possible.

Also, I'd still like to see a photo of your nodes, folks.