SimplyChunk
Go to solution Solved by Skyesgaming,
1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Ignore the LEDs

But pretty lights

cute-puppy.gif.9b368f5ab665c9be64d810fe6ea048f3.gif

18 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

It doesn't work.  I've tried it

do u have picture of it?  would be nice to know how and where the "casesoftware" is different"  

56 minutes ago, NorKris said:

do u have picture of it?  would be nice to know how and where the "casesoftware" is different"  

i've showed a picture of it twice.  the rest of icue looks like icue.  you even quoted my picture of it

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Dang, wouldn't it be helpful if in this thread and others if people would just open their eyes, learn how to read and comprehend, and actually try to be helpful, instead of fighting the poster constantly about what their question is in order to try to prove them "wrong" in some way..

Wouldn't it be helpful if people would get off their "this product is the best" high horse, and actually listen, do some research, and move on with their life when things don't work out properly. 

Man that would be the life eh @ChonkerFox.

90% Dunce, 91% Smooth Brain. Chirstmas Gumpdrops. 

6 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

Yeah it's the bottom left one.  The bare PCB version.  And I posted already the options I have for it in iCue.  And @RevGAM will be able to confirm that the usb plug on it takes up a whole front panel header

Yup.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

6 hours ago, NorKris said:

That specifically says "Pro" for the node, which the OP has already indicated they DON'T have. I'm going to fly to Norway just to smack you, dude! The cases the OP and I have don't come with the pro version.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

iCUE varies depending on what's plugged in. It doesn't "see" my RM850x PSU, nor does it offer some of the other features that are advertised. Why? Because it's not sensing things, so it turns off or hides "unneeded" features...Even if they're needed. I confirmed that with Corsair.

13 minutes ago, Skyesgaming said:

Dang, wouldn't it be helpful if in this thread and others if people would just open their eyes, learn how to read and comprehend, and actually try to be helpful, instead of fighting the poster constantly about what their question is in order to try to prove them "wrong" in some way..

Wouldn't it be helpful if people would get off their "this product is the best" high horse, and actually listen, do some research, and move on with their life when things don't work out properly. 

It may just be the language barrier, since NorKris is from Norway. Or maybe inebriation? 😉

19 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

It may just be the language barrier, since NorKris is from Norway. Or maybe inebriation? 😉

Didn't know he was from Norway so my bad. But uh. Still no comment on the other sentence 😂

10 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Based on what they described, the bottom-left one - the same one that is in my 5000X.

all it is is a lnc with out the shell... that is it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, Skyesgaming said:

no the op said it cant be done and we say yest it can. not saying there wrong at all it vary confusing.

i agree that corsair stuff is crap 100% and if they are done i dont blame em.

you can indeed hook to controllers to a 9 pin. yes they controller has a 9 pin but it take like 30 seconds to un pin and re pin for another controller or just buy a 9 pin to 4/5pin  splitor...

buying a 3 pack COMES with a lnc.  with 2 controller you can hook up 2 different fans...

but anyway im not helping anymore as you dont was us too.

corsair them selfs are done with there system that why they made the link system to be 100% proprietary

everything els is being dicontiued.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

28 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the op

I uh, I should add that the OP is my boyfriend and I have watched him go through this, multiple times to try to get this to work for him. So I have insider information. 

One person says he can do it with one device - which he has tried, multiple times.

One person says he needs two devices, that need to be modified,  to plug into one header.

And one person is on our side, saying that he cannot do it because of the device that it is. 

He is just going to go with his original plan with just, getting 5 generic RGB fans. It sucks that 4 other fans needs to go to waste, but its just daft otherwise to try to figure out this... corsair crap. 

39 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

all it is is a lnc with out the shell... that is it.

Also, it is not. He does not have the RGB strip option in Icue, as shown in his screenshots that he has submitted two times now. 

Thank you for everyone trying to help, especially @RevGAM

He is just going to move on from the corsair, throw away the 4 fans (super wasteful, thats on corsair though), and get the generic fans that he was on about in his first couple of posts on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Skyesgaming said:

I uh, I should add that the OP is my boyfriend and I have watched him go through this, multiple times to try to get this to work for him. So I have insider information. 

One person says he can do it with one device - which he has tried, multiple times.

One person says he needs two devices, that need to be modified,  to plug into one header.

And one person is on our side, saying that he cannot do it because of the device that it is. 

He is just going to go with his original plan with just, getting 5 generic RGB fans. It sucks that 4 other fans needs to go to waste, but its just daft otherwise to try to figure out this... corsair crap. 

ya but that is the internet, everyone get to talk. weather it right or wrong.

i dont have 7.2k replays for nothing and most were ALL about argb... so much that at times i hate it. and most times i dont help because im too done with it.

but im so far deep in i got rgb everything... so i have to make it work. i many have like $5000 worth of it... 🤷‍♂️

but that is how i started on this forms as i also didnt no what argb/rgb was. and then lead me down this rabithole.

yes i have most of the controllers, i have a rgb box under my bed, i have a rgb folder in my pic folder...

not saying im right like i said still vary confusing. like the hub thing no one nos how that thing works...

but i do respect your answer and i agree with it.  i had a shit day at work. and im out of icetea so just water it is... 🤷‍♂️

(be leave it or not my main build had NO RGB in it. ) then i got to fans and was saw something on youtube...

aslo gave up water cooling at some point then i got the bug agen.. now im 8x 560mm rads deep... 🤔

9 minutes ago, Skyesgaming said:

Also, it is not. He does not have the RGB strip option in Icue, as shown in his screenshots that he has submitted two times now. 

Thank you for everyone trying to help, especially @RevGAM

He is just going to move on from the corsair, throw away the 4 fans (super wasteful, thats on corsair though), and get the generic fans that he was on about in his first couple of posts on this thread. 

i no that its lighting node core  he needs a lighting node pro, commander pro or commander core xt to have the rgb thing in the manu

8 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

i've showed a picture of it twice.  the rest of icue looks like icue.  you even quoted my picture of it

connections, wires and how the rgb is in the fans

4 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i no that its lighting node core  he needs a lighting node pro, commander pro or commander core xt to have the rgb thing in the manu

do you belive that the same modes from  Node to the case controller is diffrent? 

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

do you belive that the same modes from  Node to the case controller is diffrent? 

what you mean? they dont have 3 pin on it witch is need for the rgb setting...

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

what you mean? they dont have 3 pin on it witch is need for the rgb setting...

the mode is called  8-LED series fans.. fans have 4 pin

4 minutes ago, NorKris said:

the mode is called  8-LED series fans.. fans have 4 pin

fans have 4pin rgb strips are 3 pin. the controller on the case only has 4pin and no 3 pin. so no rgb strip witch means no adjustable amount of leds... witch means no mixing fans...

rgb.png

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

fans have 4pin rgb strips are 3 pin. the controller on the case only has 4pin and no 3 pin. so no rgb strip witch means no adjustable amount of leds... witch means no mixing fans...

in this topic we are talking about fans,  so 3 pin is not a talkingpoint, why did u bring it up?

and i bet u can see the picture of mixing fans on the 8-LED mode...? 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

in this topic we are talking about fans,  so 3 pin is not a talkingpoint, why did u bring it up?

and i bet u can see the picture of mixing fans on the 8-LED mode...? 

you did not mic fans on on core controller but a pro so there a difference i guess you have to buy a core then.

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you did not mic fans on on core controller but a pro so there a difference i guess you have to buy a core then.

but my question to u is:

do u rly think there is a difference on the same mode between those controllers? 

cuz i dont

Just now, NorKris said:

but my question to u is:

do u rly think there is a difference on the same mode between those controllers? 

cuz i dont

yes i do...

15 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

yes i do...

and what about the node core-pcb edition (coming in cases and the node core with normal housing? 

8 hours ago, Skyesgaming said:

Just to point out, oh famous movie actor who speaks with a British accent (unlike Kevin Costner), but the reason those fans are going to waste isn't because they cannot be used but that your boyfriend wants useless lights. Ignore the LEDs, or just use some LED fans with and others off, and voila! all the fans are still in use. 😉 😜 hehehehe

8 hours ago, Skyesgaming said:

He is just going to move on from the corsair, throw away the 4 fans

If he's going to just toss them, send them to me so I can test them. 😉  That way they won't go to waste! 🙂 🤑

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

and what about the node core-pcb edition (coming in cases and the node core with normal housing? 

Kris, I'm pinching you right now. If I had any other fan with the same connector other than my SP120 RGB Elites, I would test it myself.

@NorKris@thrasher_565Do either of you know of a non-Corsair RGB fan that has the SAME RGB connector? If you do, let me know and I'll see if I have it in my inventory.

8 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

g you right now. If I had any other fan with the same connector other than my SP120 RGB Elites, I would test it myself.

@NorKris@thrasher_565Do either of you know of a non-Corsair RGB fan that has the SAME RGB connector? If you do, let me know and I'll see if I have it in my inventory.

no, only corsair fans have the 4pin needed for the 3 first fans in this setup. 
ML
QL

LL
SP rgb  

and so on