What about taxes and Europe?

LTT store webpage about customs and duty:

Customers are responsible for any customs and duty fees, which may be assessed to your order once it arrives in the destination country. LTTStore does not include any coverage for customs or duty fees in quoted shipping costs, or at any point in our checkout or billing process.

If you have any questions related to customs, duty, and import charges, please contact your local customs office prior to ordering.

https://www.lttstore.com/pages/customs-duty-fees

In contrast, a tax is added to the order at checkout. If you go through the numbers, you get exactly the German fee: 19% on items and shipping costs.

Easy question: Is the custom and duty fees page a lie or is there some Canadian tax in the checkout process that likely could be avoided but need to be payed as LTT isn't setup for export business?

2 question: Any chance to finally sell the screwdriver in Europe at reasonable cost? Depending on the tax situation the full size totals roughly 120€ or 100€. While it is an interesting product, it probably would have been my choice if I could get it for, say, 69.99€. In the end, I bought a bunch of PB-Swiss screwdrivers as the features of the LTT model is not worth 300-400% extra charge.

People never go out of business.

23 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

In contrast, a tax is added to the order at checkout. If you go through the numbers, you get exactly the German fee: 19% on items and shipping costs.

Easy question: Is the custom and duty fees page a lie or is there some Canadian tax in the checkout process that likely could be avoided but need to be payed as LTT isn't setup for export business?

2 question: Any chance to finally sell the screwdriver in Europe at reasonable cost? Depending on the tax situation the full size totals roughly 120€ or 100€. While it is an interesting product, it probably would have been my choice if I could get it for, say, 69.99€. In the end, I bought a bunch of PB-Swiss screwdrivers as the features of the LTT model is not worth 300-400% extra charge.

For me they dont show any taxes at all. Im not sure if the purchase qualifies under the USMCA (US, Mexico, Canada agreement aka NAFTA) but I do know Michigan charges a 6% sales tax which LTT is not collecting. Legally if the tax isnt collected by them I have to declare it on my income tax in February. 

The only reason I haven't bought anything is because shipping costs a bit more than what Id like to spend. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

26 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

The tax you pay at checkout is the tax for your country. For example Me being in Australia means I get charged 10% GST at checkout which goes to the Australian Government. The reason that page is there is some regions will also charge import and customs fees when the item is shipped into the country and LTTStore is not responsible for covering those additional charges. I haven't had to pay any additional charges when receiving my orders from the store.

To answer your second question, not really. They have talked about Europe and shipping multiple times on WAN and the Forum. They just aren't in a position or scale where they could do something like open a European warehouse to reduce costs. They have also said that even if they ever have a European warehouse the price of the items probably won't come down much further then they are now. Simply because running a warehouse in another country has costs associated with it that would be passed onto the customers anyway.

Tax =/= customs, duty, or brokerage fees.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Tax =/= customs, duty, or brokerage fees.

Agree but I think you are specifically talk about Vat or Sales Tax.

This usually based on the country that they are based on.

If you are not based on that country normally you would not be responsible to collect VAT.

Your payment processor might be based on the country though, so they might charge VAT to the customer.

But this is the responsibility of the payment processor not the seller

To the people that complain about EU VAT maybe they can check EU website

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/taxation/vat/cross-border-vat/index_en.htm#outsidetheeusellgoods-1

45 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

Regarding the customs duty and related tax this would usually be applied on the importation process where you pay directly to the customs in your country based on your country regulation.

Sadly that mean any lttstore product you buy will cost you additional on top of the shipping cost

9 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

Agree but I think you are specifically talk about Vat or Sales Tax.

This usually based on the country that they are based on.

If you are not based on that country normally you would not be responsible to collect VAT.

Your payment processor might be based on the country though, so they might charge VAT to the customer.

But this is the responsibility of the payment processor not the seller

To the people that complain about EU VAT maybe they can check EU website

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/taxation/vat/cross-border-vat/index_en.htm#outsidetheeusellgoods-1

Not every country is the same.

Value Added Tax, or VAT, is a consumption tax that is applied to tangible and digital goods or services sold in countries that utilize such a tax system. The European Union, as a whole, uses VAT through the supply chain, from production to point of sale. This means that as a Canadian business, if you sell to customers located in the EU, you must charge VAT.

https://jeremyscott.ca/what-you-must-know-about-eu-vat/

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

There have been threads about this in past. In short, be in contact with Store support and ask them whether they have paid local tax in the order. There might still be some import fees due EU having closed markets. The fees are there to prevent cheaper overseas products from overwhelming the markets. 

Looking at out customs offices site, there's only VAT to be paid for screwdriver. So Price + shipping in USD on store, then VAT from that combined sum when it enters.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, DeltaBruggemann said:

They have talked about Europe and shipping multiple times on WAN and the Forum. They just aren't in a position or scale where they could do something like open a European warehouse to reduce costs.

Them bringing screwdriver and bit set to Europe would be a start. I don't care too much about t-shirts and all the other items.

In the end it's a nice tool and no similar tools (low backforce, bit storage, knurling). With cloth they are plenty of options.

People never go out of business.

This page from our FAQ spells it out more clearly: https://lttstore.gorgias.help/en-US/what-charges-such-as-customs-duty-or-sales-tax-should-i-expect-when-ordering-from-you-218229

As some other posters have pointed out, your local sales tax is distinct from customs/duty and thus not covered by the wording on our customs/duty policy. One thing I haven't seen pointed out yet though is that, while smaller stores aren't required to collect sales tax (or VAT as you may refer to it), we actually are required to do that and that's because most countries impose that requirement on foreign businesses after they exceed a certain sales threshold, which we've passed in a number of EU countries.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro