WAN show where Linus admitted use of psychoactive medication

exsin

Hey guys,

I remember about a year ago Linus mentioned in the WAN show, when his behaviour was weird, that he was experimenting with psychoactive medication. Probably anti depressants or anti-anxiety medication. I'm trying to find the segment but its 52x4 hours of searching for a year, so I haven't yet.

I'm trying to compile a timeline of Linus' increasingly erratic behaviour when it comes to things like claiming accuracy v.s. brushing off a 500USD retest, for example. Does anyone clearly remember when he said this? Also, does anyone know if he ever followed up anywhere with what he actually took? It's also out of professional interest in my case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, exsin said:

Hey guys,

I remember about a year ago Linus mentioned in the WAN show, when his behaviour was weird, that he was experimenting with psychoactive medication. Probably anti depressants or anti-anxiety medication. I'm trying to find the segment but its 52x4 hours of searching for a year, so I haven't yet.

I'm trying to compile a timeline of Linus' increasingly erratic behaviour when it comes to things like claiming accuracy v.s. brushing off a 500USD retest, for example. Does anyone clearly remember when he said this? Also, does anyone know if he ever followed up anywhere with what he actually took? It's also out of professional interest in my case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To what end? How is this any of your business?

12 minutes ago, exsin said:

I'm trying to compile a timeline of Linus' increasingly erratic behaviour when it comes to things like claiming accuracy v.s. brushing off a 500USD retest, for example

Is this really worth your time?

Just now, CyberneticTitan said:

Is this really worth your time?

Normally absolutely not Sir! However I'm home post-surgery and immobile for a while. And SO BORED 🙂 Also I have a bachelors in medicine so I'm especially interested in what he actually takes/took.

I can't play most games either, so yeh.

2 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

To what end? How is this any of your business?

He made it our business by talking about it on WAN show.

The discussion and public speculation of the health of Linus is so far outside of appropriate that it barely dignifies a response.

6 minutes ago, exsin said:

He made it our business by talking about it on WAN show.

Discussing health information doesn't give you carte blanche to make it a topic of scrutiny and debate. It's not as if you own stock in LMG and the staffs health is a mandatory disclosure. 

His kids could see this. Have some ever loving empathy. You need to check your parasocial relationships, because NOTHING entitles you to discuss his health unless you're on his Healthcare team, and even then, not on a public f***ing forum.

Edited by leeatschool
Added additional context and corrected mistake

Just now, leeatschool said:

The discussion and public speculation of the health of Linus is so far outside of appropriate that it barely dignifies a response.

Discussing health information doesn't give you carte blanche to make it a topic of scrutiny and debate. It's not as if you own stock in LMG and the staffs health is a mandatory disclosure. 

His kids could see this. Have some every loving empathy.

If you discuss your medicine use on the WAN show, you have given your audience the full right to discuss this 🙂

2 minutes ago, exsin said:

If you discuss your medicine use on the WAN show, you have given your audience the full right to discuss this 🙂

Perhaps, but it's fucking weird to actually do so.

1 minute ago, MercuryRain said:

Perhaps, but it's fucking weird to actually do so.

I'm not denying that. Just saying I'm in my right, being weird.

Just now, exsin said:

The fact that you don't understand that this inappropriate is very telling. What you've done here is you've taken a comment that, right now you can't even find, and attempted to establish a pattern of, what you, presumably not a Healthcare provider consider erratic behavior.

This is not normal behavior, and at no point should any discussion become a speculation fest about Linuses, or anyone else's health.

The fact that you don't understand that this inappropriate is very telling. What you've done here is you've taken a comment that, right now you can't even find, and attempted to establish a pattern of, what you, presumably not a Healthcare provider consider erratic behavior.

This is not normal behavior, and at no point should any discussion become a speculation fest about Linuses, or anyone else's health.

I'm only asking for information from public sources, EG the wan show and his posts. This is all above board, legally and imho ethically. 

Just now, exsin said:

I'm only asking for information from public sources, EG the wan show and his posts. This is all above board, legally and imho ethically. 

Legal? Yes. Ethical? Resoundingly no.

1 minute ago, exsin said:

ethically. 

This is highly questionable. The only reason I can think of you wanting this info (based on your post and current climate here) is to weaponize and villify the info and Linus. That is hardly ethical.

Legal? Yes. Ethical? Resoundingly no.

What makes it unethical when the subject has been initiated by the medicine user himself? Apparently he needed to talk about it in public, I'm simply carrying on what he started. Little late admittedly, but its been going around my mind since that episode. 

Just now, Blue4130 said:

This is highly questionable. The only reason I can think of you wanting this info (based on your post and current climate here) is to weaponize and villify the info and Linus. That is hardly ethical.

No, I have a bachelor in medicine and am personally interested to find a link between his drugs and behavior, I am not even going to share the timeline publicly. Only looking for info he shared himself, that's it.

Just now, exsin said:

What makes it unethical when the subject has been initiated by the medicine user himself? Apparently he needed to talk about it in public, I'm simply carrying on what he started. Little late admittedly, but its been going around my mind since that episode. 

It's not YOUR place to carry it on. You are noit Linus, Luke (who he was talking to - albeit in a public forum) or his Doctor. You essentially overheard two people chatting, that is realistically what the WAN show is.

Just now, Blue4130 said:

It's not YOUR place to carry it on. You are noit Linus, Luke (who he was talking to - albeit in a public forum) or his Doctor. You essentially overheard two people chatting, that is realistically what the WAN show is.

No, that would be eavesdropping, the WAN show is linus standing on an orange-crate on the town square with Luke, discussing their week with a megaphone.

2 minutes ago, exsin said:

No, that would be eavesdropping, the WAN show is linus standing on an orange-crate on the town square with Luke, discussing their week with a megaphone.

Or like two entertainers performing on a stage. You know, where the audience listens and doesn't interact WITH the hosts.

I will say to you EXACTLY what I wrote to Linus after the initial aplology.

Read the room. You are not in the correct here.

I don't need to be correct 🙂 I just want the facts and thought someone here would know. Look at my postcount, I really couldn't care about the opinions of the members of this forum.

I'll just transcribe the vids and text search and make my pretty little timeline.

17 minutes ago, exsin said:

That's stalker-logic, mate. That's the kind of thing the people who spent 15+ years stalking a single internet person would say.

4 minutes ago, exsin said:

3 minutes ago, exsin said:

No, I have a bachelor in medicine and am personally interested to find a link between his drugs and behavior, I am not even going to share the timeline publicly. Only looking for info he shared himself, that's it.

These two statements next to each other is horrifying. I don't know where you went to school, but presumably, there were medical ethics involved, yes?

It is never, ever, EVER appropriate to discuss the mental health status of someone you haven't assessed personally in a public forum. Ethically, you've taken an off hand unscripted comment, and you've spun it into an almost certainly fictional abnormal psych case.

You aren't a doctor. You aren't anything. You have a BS in some health studies field. You aren't remotely qualified to discuss someone's health, and even if you were, this is not the time, place, or manner in which it would be reasonable for you to do this.

4 minutes ago, exsin said:

If I tell an entire auditorium I have a migraine during a stand up special, does that give the entire audience the right to collect information about my neurological health and then discuss it on my fan website? hint: NO

Thread locked. Whatever conclusion you're trying to come to regarding his medication or mental health is not appropriate for you to make. Find something better to do with your time.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450