Whats up with all the accounts on here that are only a day or two old?

Spindel

I'm one of those 2 minute old accounts.  Usually I'm just on the LTT subreddit but since that's on fire, I was curious what the temperature over here was like.  

Mostly, lots of regular YTB viewers find something really wrong. And come here to see Linus person reply. (His reply really F'ed every things up. So childish.)

5 minutes ago, Spindel said:

Feels like the forum is being attacked by a bot farm.

Because of controversy, Linus response and some other shit.
Usual thing.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I joined years before you and rarely came here for some years now.

The LTTgate made me return.

Zak'

(Please note that I'm not a fluent english speaker, thus sorry for the poor grammar. However, I'm better in French and Arabic if you wanna communicate via private messages.)

People joining to voice their opinion on the recent dilemma(s). 100% expected for situations like this.

I am under the opinion that a lock should be placed on the main 'controversy threads' and further discussion should be halted. 

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

I just joined the forums yesterday but have been part of the LTT audience and community elsewhere for years.

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

I am under the opinion that a lock should be placed on the main 'controversy threads' and further discussion should be halted. 

Thanks for your input, Mussolini.

Zak'

(Please note that I'm not a fluent english speaker, thus sorry for the poor grammar. However, I'm better in French and Arabic if you wanna communicate via private messages.)

Just now, Zakmaf said:

Thanks for your input, Mussolini.

np -Houdini Mussolini

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Well a lot of people want to share their thoughts no matter the side you support. I logged back on my account for this reason alone. 

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Because of controversy, Linus response and some other shit.
Usual thing.

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Whenever there is controversy they flood in, for sure. I just let them debate amongst themselves in the master thread while we go about our business on the rest of the forum. 

Ok so it’s the usual tiering internet drama thing.

1 minute ago, Spindel said:

Ok so it’s the usual tiering internet drama thing.

Meanwhile, Back to trying to solve people's problem with their PC parts. I guess

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

16 minutes ago, Spindel said:

More like people want to vent their absolute outrage over how Linus handled this issue. 
I am one of those aforementioned people. 

I've been subscriped since the very beginning but felt I had to give my two cents with how toxic this community is being and holding a hand over Linus his head like always. The company and the man in charge need to be called out. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

3 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Why? I don't think that's a transparent approach and would run counter to the standards the company holds itself to. Or pertains to hold itself to, depending on which side of the fence you're on. 

That said, there are likely a metric asston of new threads being created, and I'm sure the mod team is extremely hard at work merging them into the main two. 

20 minutes ago, Spindel said:

you lived under a rock for the last few days? open them 2 things in the front of your head and notice what is going on... then you will know why there are a lot of viewers here that otherwise didn't use the forum but viewed the videos...

usually I would say it's because people come here to only ask one question and they have to make an account for that, but now it seems like it's just people arguing about linus and gn

4 minutes ago, Dim said:

Why? I don't think that's a transparent approach and would run counter to the standards the company holds itself to. Or pertains to hold itself to, depending on which side of the fence you're on. 

That said, there are likely a metric asston of new threads being created, and I'm sure the mod team is extremely hard at work merging them into the main two. 

I feel as though the current discussion taking place isn't very productive for any side of the argument. Its just people arguing why they support or don't support linus. half of these 'my opinion posts' should just be SU's

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

8 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

you lived under a rock for the last few days? open them 2 things in the front of your head and notice what is going on... then you will know why there are a lot of viewers here that otherwise didn't use the forum but viewed the videos...

I don’t get that invested in ”drama”, I just logged in saw two threads about something that I apparently should be outraged about, but what stands out is the day old accounts making up 99% of the post just inciting each other to a frenzy. No discussion, no dissenting views allowed.

Reddit is the same since it reaches front page, but there it is worse because of reddits vote system on posts.

52 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

I feel as though the current discussion taking place isn't very productive for any side of the argument. Its just people arguing why they support or don't support linus. half of these 'my opinion posts' should just be SU's

I don't disagree with you in concept. In my experience, though, locking would just exacerbate the issue...

Merging retains commentary and allows a place for active discussion of hot topics. The alternative is either the mods (and by extension LMG) look like silencing nazis or that people just create new topic after new topic because they want to comment and can't. Or both. Usually both. 

Edit: I should clarify that mods don't work for LMG. They are autonomous. Not everyone understands this, though, so optically it still can look like LMG are the silencing nazis. 

1 minute ago, Spindel said:

I don’t get that invested in ”drama”, I just logged in saw two threads about something that I apparently should be outraged about, but what stands out is the day old accounts making up 99% of the post just inciting each other to a frenzy. No discussion, no dissenting views allowed.

Reddit is the same since it reaches front page, but there it is worse because of reddits vote system on posts.

compared to me your account is a newbie account too... doesn't matter if people are new or not as long as they are saying something useful and no you don't have to be outraged about anything... you can 100% surely just ignore it or you can easily learn what is going on and make up your own mind.

most people are outraged over what they did to Billet Labs
some people are outraged over the deception and fake data
a lot of people are fanboying over someone daring to point out the truth

I can fully understand that people not usually in here (I don't use it much in here either but have been here for YEARS) want to voice their opinion about this betrayel... yes there are trolls but generally most had something intelligent to say

38 minutes ago, GremaxLP said:

Its just the topics from GN that flodded new users to the forum.

That, my account is 6 years old watching for 12 years but only now found a reason to really join a discussion.
I feel like manny people would like to share their opinion, YouTube comments are pretty much impossible to have a normal conversation. Floatplane might be too biased because of the paywall so the forum/Reddit is left. 

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -