What do we do now?

LinusTech
8 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

image.png.3f20c0c2ef6562078dc9b5f84e200e0e.png

hey maybe dont do this 

They knew from the beginning that it would be a blasting hit. They're not ready to spit on that level of ad revenues... The brand cited at the end of the video is a "free bonus" for them, IMVHO...

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

3 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

so basically based on your comment, nothing they say or do can ever really gain your respect back. since you will always just interpret them as doing it to protect their bags

almost like they are a business or something

I always fully trusted LMG blindly because I assumed that their integrity and community are at the top of their priority which leads to profitability, and this is what they always bragged about.. clearly it's not the case, and it is disappointing

I was hoping for a straight apology and admitting all the mistakes they made... but it was more like "Oh that happened because of this and that" and other excuses

also, they did not address the fact that they still sold.. sorry "auctioned" a one-of-a-kind prototype, it doesn't matter how much money they throw at Billet labs.. this was their one and only prototype that they poured their life into which could've gone to a potential competitor and set their work back significantly and they have not apologized for it

they have not apologized for the pwnage mouse situation and how they kept the video live DESPITE knowing the grave mistake in the video

so ya maybe I am a fool who had higher standards for LMG... I wish I was as wise as you are and knew that profit was above integrity for them

2 minutes ago, Madpaatch said:

Man - making money on an apology vid is just cheap - really, really cheap. GREED written allover it. While greed is good there should be other people not the leader taking care of money. What a cheapskate

personally doesn't bother me, it pays the bills for them.

you gonna cry they uploaded it to floatplane as wel? so basically made money from that

Just now, McGherkin said:

As far as I am aware, being physically groped is classed as Sexual Assault.

Correct

CPU: Intel Core i7 6790x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 | Graphics Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance | | PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Platinum | Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 | Cooling: Corsair 360mmm AIO

22 minutes ago, treestain said:

Both of you need a chill pill

Sorry. I'm just sick of all these jackasses rolling in here with their half-cocked understanding.

This entire ordeal has gone far beyond criticism of data accuracy and ethics.

Member 4250

8 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

hey maybe dont do this 

7 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

they need money somehow

doing no videos for a week would easily loose them like half a million

yeah everyone here seems to forget that they still have wages and rent and so on to pay

LMG, I'm probably yelling at clouds here, but reposting my comment on Lemmy here. (Original comment: https://lemmy.wildfyre.dev/comment/87458)

Not sure if this gets seen by anyone from LTT, but I’m a regular consumer of their products (ie., their YT content).

I find that more and more of their videos don’t seem to end with some satisfactory conclusion, and quite a number of it is way too janky when with a little more thought and planning, could have been done and concluded much better.

Take for example the fanless heatsink dipped in ice bath video, or the car radiator water cooling video. It’s always them trying to fix some jank or scramble on camera to fight some spontaneous issues or leaks or whatever. It’s fun, yes, entertaining, yes, but utterly unsatisfactory in the end.

I really think you need to give your content the proper time and preparation that they need to arrive at a conclusion that's somewhat satisfactory. For example, what if I REALLY wanted to use a car radiator for water-cooling? What will a proper, low-jank set-up look like? Something that's not just you plugging leaks all over the place. If I really wanted to use an ice bath for a fanless setup? What would that look like?

It's fun to watch you guys on camera having fun, but I also rather you give the "tech" and engineering side of your content some love. Your recent content leaves me feeling empty more often than not these days. Most of them I can sum up as "couple of guys goofing off and having fun". Entertaining, but a little vacuous.

This forum should just be locked at this point. There was evidence there was a discussion. We got what we asked for which is a coherent reply from LTT. Yet somehow this is now a Madison case forum... 

After LTT is done sorting the content they really need to redefine what forum is mean for and how to use it. 

The amount of fanboys runnig rampant, the amount of white knights that reheat a 2 year old steak... I'm sorry but this really needs to be said. She should have adressed this 2 years ago. If she still has issues with it and if anything was done wrong to her she should've gotten it sorted then through legal means. Crying on Twitter is simply not going to do it.

I don't really understand using many people from the senior leadership team instead of Linus totally owning this.

Feels wrong from a leadership perspective from a brand based and named after the founder.

Ultimately it felt like committee crafted PR, not authentic.

1 minute ago, McGherkin said:

As far as I am aware, being physically groped is classed as Sexual Assault.

I must've missed that part. Sorry. But yeah, if the accusations were true, then I AM DONE.

1 minute ago, Twisted_FIEND said:

I always fully trusted LMG blindly because I assumed that their integrity and community are at the top of their priority which leads to profitability, and this is what they always bragged about.. clearly it's not the case, and it is disappointing

I was hoping for a straight apology and admitting all the mistakes they made... but it was more like "Oh that happened because of this and that" and other excuses

also, they did not address the fact that they still sold.. sorry "auctioned" a one-of-a-kind prototype, it doesn't matter how much money they throw at Billet labs.. this was their one and only prototype that they poured their life into which could've gone to a potential competitor and set their work back significantly and they have not apologized for it

they have not apologized for the pwnage mouse situation and how they kept the video live DESPITE knowing the grave mistake in the video

so ya maybe I am a fool who had higher standards for LMG... I wish I was as wise as you are and knew that profit was above integrity for them

Perhaps a first born would appease the masses?

Member 4250

Just now, Twisted_FIEND said:

Trusting any third party blindly is stupid.
Obtain information from multiple sources.

CPU: AMD 5800X3D / Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S / Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 / GPU: EVGA GTX1070 SC / RAM 64GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB / SSD: WD Black NVME / HDD 1: ADATA XPG SX9200 Pro / HDD 2: Lexus NS100 / PSU: CORSAIR RM850 / Case: Corsair 5000D

9 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

hey maybe dont do this 

You gotta be kidding me... Well I'm out, this is my final straw.
Address the Madison's allegations.

This font is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Hamrat said:

Yeah, that doesn't look good at all...

I suspect it's that their internal upload process doesn't have a switch off monetization, because why would it. I don't think they log into YouTube to upload as they would have a tools for going into YouTube & floatplane.

Just now, ToboRobot said:

I don't really understand using many people from the senior leadership team instead of Linus totally owning this.

Feels wrong from a leadership perspective from a brand based and named after the founder.

It's like Channel Awesome situation all over again, but much worse since Linus is his literal name whereas Nostalgia Critic was just a character played by Doug Walker.

I have been watching LMG since the whole room water cooling days, they got me interested in computers.

I hope that LMG can right the ship before they traverse the point of no return. GN brought up some very valid points critical ones that LMG must fix, I have been noticing them myself for years now. 

If LMG fails to properly handle these issues I fear that they at best will follow in the footstep of Mr.Beast or worse, and become a generic, high view, high volume, low quality media outlet, and I don't want that from them. 

LMG you have been give valuable feedback at a critical time from a benevolent source, how you handle it will decide your future.

You have the resources, the talent, the drive to be great.

You already have the power to crush small to medium tech brands as you please or raise them in the air.

Such power as Uncle Ben so eloquently put it comes with responsibility.

Your potential is unrivaled in this space, your company can become a titan for good or ill. 

The choice it yours. I for one hope for your success, your renaissance. 

Good luck. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dornon said:

The next sentence says, "Then when Linus clearly didn't like it, we asked for it back and you agreed".

It does. But why were they happy to give it away initially if they knew it would halt/delay production? That's my point...

16 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

You know who I feel sorry for?

I feel sorry for Madison. She finally has the courage to speak up about how she was treated, in a workplace that literally led her to self harm, sexual assault and constant unbearable pressure, even voicing her worry about the kickback from people who will blindly deny her experiences and claim it’s lies…. And that’s exactly what happens. People call her a liar. If you are one of those people, you are the reason people who are victims of abuse don’t speak out. Hang your head in shame.

I feel sorry for Steve at GN. He can’t win. He’s had to tiptoe around saying anything too critical of LTT for years because of the fanbase and even when he speaks out and other people back up his claims, he still gets accused of witch hunting, and gets railed on by Linus who still hasn’t apologised.

I feel sorry for Luke too. He’s always been the sensible one and tried to fight fires, I don’t think he’s involved with the sexual harassment thing but admittedly he’s pretty open about the FP dev team working HARD. I hope they get a break and better conditions. But I also feel bad for Luke making a 69 joke… just as accusations of sexual assault are made against the company.

Luke is afraid of linus. He trys to balance any criticism he says on the wan show and is careful with his words. Look into his eyes his always thinking and weighing the pros and cons of speaking up on an issue he know is sensitive.

This is the problem with some leaders they dont like negative feedback. You can sort of tell linus is one. He takes things personally.

Linus would do well to listen to others including his own staff who made suggestions to handle things differently. to slow down on the video releases and they are unhappy with the quality of the work they produce.

He has some smart people there he should better utilize them to improve outcomes. Its his company but his employees are there to help him. Listen to them.

13 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

...just off the top of my head...because all emails would be on LMG servers, which she no longer has access to, and to take copies of them before leaving would violate any employment contract worth its salt.

Also, most of the events in question were verbal or physical, so obviously they weren't documented (especially since she was so inexperienced in handling immature workplaces at the time).

Makes sense but during her period of employment, was it during the Covid period where most people worked from home?

I mean, she was going to quit anyway and if her story is true, the truth will protect her from whatever employment contract violation. At least the public audience will.

She could've took a picture of the email exchange using her phone, or secretly record an audio of the exchange. 

I'm sure she has some of the exchanges in her email. She mentioned that she was in contact with LMG after she had moved countries and couldn't go back.

She insinuated that she has evidence because she said it wouldn't matter if she showed someone the evidence because she doesn't want to be called a tattle tale.

36 minutes ago, Hazz3r said:

Typically emails between businesses are considered confidential. I am surprised they felt comfortable openly showing a screenshot.

I doubt they felt comfortable doing it. But it had to be done. 

A solid response which was sorely needed. They obviously had to do this- I’m no expert but even I mentioned the need for a more nuanced response.

The oopsie in keeping the video private at first was just that - an oopsie. People sensationalising it as a way to make money from floatplane? Come on, get real.

Disclosing the amount the prototype was worth was also a faux pas, but again it’s not terrible. Just not great.

All of this accounts for little now however given the serious allegations by a previous member of staff. Regardless what your thoughts are on that it is still just that - a serious allegation, and it should be treated as such. Don’t downplay it.

This too needs to be rectified - obviously LMG couldn’t cover this in the video given when this story broke, but nonetheless, they need to provide transparency as to how they rectify the situation and move forward from it. Given the GN/Billet scandal, this carries much more weight and scrutiny than normal so it makes sense as to why it she would bring it to light now.

38 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

like multiple people have said before, it was too early for them/video would of needed to be re-done, its probably more for legal people

This is absolutely correct.  She went on a public forum and state LMG didnt take sexual harrassment seriously and didnt follow employee safeguarding.   This is for lawyers.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

2 hours ago, smilingjackkk said:

Time to fully tank those floatplane numbers like you tanked Madison's hope of working with her idol lol

Well, don't idolize people. (Not that what LMG did i ok)