What do we do now?

LinusTech
7 minutes ago, MSMSMSM said:

Saw the video upload and immediately came here, I've started to notice more Cloudflare captchas and longer verification before I can even use the site. What's going on?

the forum is getting a lot of traffic this is standard clourdflare anti ddos procedures

1 minute ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Dang was he on the verge of (crocodile) tears here?

Probably. You should read So You've Been Publicly Shamed, it's about people who are on the receiving end of the kind of internet pile-on Linus has had come his way since GN's first video. Even if you "deserve criticism" for the action that triggered the avalanche, it's really hard for people to personally experience.

Obviously his post wasn't great but this isn't the first time he's been hit with a negative feedback tsunami, and based on what other online creaters who've gone through it say it doesn't get easier the more it happens to you.

3 minutes ago, RockerBug17 said:

Look at this psychic. You realize you have absolutely nothing to back that up?

1 minute ago, AHPanda said:

I'm not a psychic, I am however a common user and consumer of LOGIC. I suggest you get some. You can usually find it in your grey matter, if any remains inside that skull of yours, that is.

Both of you need a chill pill

never overclock your underwear

4 minutes ago, yoc said:

Not true, see the Linus comment on FP that was shared by a lot of people in this topic. It was pay-walled until people start to complain about it.

Wait are you saying this went live even earlier on floatplane and was not intended to be published on youtube?

Just now, maplepants said:

Probably. You should read So You've Been Publicly Shamed, it's about people who are on the receiving end of the kind of internet pile-on Linus has had come his way since GN's first video. Even if you "deserve criticism" for the action that triggered the avalanche, it's really hard for people to personally experience.

Obviously his post wasn't great but this isn't the first time he's been hit with a negative feedback tsunami, and based on what other online creaters who've gone through it say it doesn't get easier the more it happens to you.

these sociopaths just want to be vindicated for their pitchforks earlier and want blood and any justification to nitpick and find it

they never wanted growth and development which is wat steve sought for

Are there anyone to backup Madison's claims? Doesn't she bear the burden of proof if she's dropping these kind of claims? Or are people just going to gobble up any sob story written by anyone on Twitter?

I'm sorry to sound heartless but I'm less inclined to believe stuff without evidence because that's not how the world is supposed to function.

4 minutes ago, yoc said:

Not true, see the Linus comment on FP that was shared by a lot of people in this topic. It was pay-walled until people start to complain about it.

Wait are you saying this went live even earlier on floatplane and was not intended to be published on youtube?

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

for a youtube apology video, I rate it 6.9/10
there are some sighs which are good, but no fake tears, and this is unacceptable for a youtube apology

also no sponsor ads or monetization however you did "jokingly" sneak in "lttstore dot com" and "dbrand" which is a bonus

on a serious note, it's good that you guys are making changes, but that video didn't gain my respect back.. you are only willing to do these changes because this became a massive issue to your bottom line, and it doesn't seem like you are really apologizing, it still seems that you are trying to justify your actions and avoiding the blame

I understand that some wild accusations popped up that are ridiculous, but are you guys seriously new to the internet? you should not be defensive against these comments or pay attention to them, but you should own up to the mistakes raised by valid criticism from the community in general

The lttstore callout? really?? was that necessary??? after reading Madison's thread ya'll need to make some MAJOR changes - not just to your video production pipeline but to the misogynistic, workaholic company culture you seem to have there. I love LTT, but that shit is vile, disgusting and inexcusable.  

Just now, conscience said:

theyre trying to spin a narrative they were going to pay wall this stirring up more drama

videos take longer to appear on youtube. its a known thing since the dawn of youtube

1 minute ago, trustmebro16 said:

i think billet was replying specific to Steves semantic line of questioning
they didnt recieve a reply after all since Colton forgot to CC them in his email (lol)

the issue here is that steve drones on about not needing to reach out for comment

this is a prime example of why YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. he wouldve gotten clear information from linus with evidence they tried to reach out before monday.

but steve unprofressionally ranted on over semantics insinuating linus was lying

linus didnt help the matter being so brash with this comments. but steve isnt innocennt here fanning flames and hes gunna get away with it

So the only thing for LTT left to address here is this fanboying on the forum. If you don't understand why he didn't reach out at this point you should probably just stay silent.

7 minutes ago, Silveraga said:

Just like the billet labs, we don't have the full story and i'm pretty sure some parts are exagerrated. It's madison we're talking about, she is like that.

She's like what? 
She's lying? 
Exaggerating? 
You are treating everything she has said in the exact same way she describes how they treated her complaints at the company. 

1 minute ago, conscience said:

DG2I6k0.png

fyi

Just now, Twisted_FIEND said:

for a youtube apology video, I rate it 6.9/10
there are some sighs which are good, but no fake tears, and this is unacceptable for a youtube apology

also no sponsor ads or monetization however you did "jokingly" sneak in "lttstore dot com" and "dbrand" which is a bonus

on a serious note, it's good that you guys are making changes, but that video didn't gain my respect back.. you are only willing to do these changes because this became a massive issue to your bottom line, and it doesn't seem like you are really apologizing, it still seems that you are trying to justify your actions and avoiding the blame

I understand that some wild accusations popped up that are ridiculous, but are you guys seriously new to the internet? you should not be defensive against these comments or pay attention to them, but you should own up to the mistakes raised by valid criticism from the community in general

so basically based on your comment, nothing they say or do can ever really gain your respect back. since you will always just interpret them as doing it to protect their bags

almost like they are a business or something

2 minutes ago, maplepants said:

Even if you "deserve criticism" for the action that triggered the avalanche, it's really hard for people to personally experience.

That's definitely true. What's even harder, is admitting your own faults and sincerely regretting them. Most of the times, people in such positions, only regret they got caught red handed and try to mimic remorse.

I think you need to create a code of conduct for all employees.

start with an value and ethics framework around accepting gifts in terms of situations where they are acceptable and the amounts.

ensure you hold people accountable for any breaches and failure to disclose

2 minutes ago, gwynbleidd97 said:

There was no mention of GamersNexus lol. No acknowledgement of Steve and his team or anything of the sort. No "thank you for pointing this out" or giving GN the props they deserve.

Amazing really.

1579557785566.png

the video states they already had these processes in progress, but this drama obviously made it public and prioritised

what do they have to thank steve for. the minus 2000 subs?

not reaching out to find out colton tried to reply to billet days before the video?

6 minutes ago, conscience said:

I'm sure they intended to publish it on youtube but it doesn't change the fact that it was initially pay-walled which should never happen when you are addressing your community.
It is ok to do exclusive content and release it early to paying fans but if you are addressing the concerns of the community as a whole... Meh.

This font is amazing.

8 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

The criticisms have been flung at linus, but u guys ignore the fact the errors were made by his team

The errors were made by his team because he's having $999,999.00 in mind and he's pushing them beyond limits thus guaranteeing mistakes. What's more he showed his real self in his response - those repeating 'LLTstore.com' messages are just unbearable as his honest statements. He's clearly shifted his mind from his declared vision to care for viewers to caring for his top and bottom lines to be able to capitalize $1bn as $0.1bn wasn't enough

2 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

theyre trying to spin a narrative they were going to pay wall this stirring up more drama

videos take longer to appear on youtube. its a known thing since the dawn of youtube

No narrative is being spun about that.. Linus admitted he was going to wait before uploading it to YT.

never overclock your underwear

3 minutes ago, Ticaronda said:

The lttstore callout? really?? was that necessary??? after reading Madison's thread ya'll need to make some MAJOR changes - not just to your video production pipeline but to the misogynistic, workaholic company culture you seem to have there. I love LTT, but that shit is vile, disgusting and inexcusable.  

Not guilty until proven otherwise.