Just now, iAxX said:

The many hats of Coulton

• HR
  • Procurement 
  • Logistics
  • Events
  • Sales
  • Marketing

Honestly. Not surprising that Madison's sexual harassment complaints were ignored or never addressed when the one guy is the head of 6 departments. 

How to drive a man insane. You cannot expect 1 person to do all of that without a lot of stuff falling through the cracks

CPU: Intel Core i7 6790x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 | Graphics Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance | | PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Platinum | Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 | Cooling: Corsair 360mmm AIO

1 minute ago, conscience said:

Well that is a bit too late and with a lot of apologies. You did not 100% retract all you've said before rather beaten around the bush.

My trust in LMG is gone and will never come back especially in the light of what was surfaced by your former employee Madison:

which was not addressed at all in this video.

Just think about it: It had to take another reputable youtube channel to call you out, you then defend and deflect in an outrages way, then you post a video with: oh my bad sentiment all over it. How about this instead: You should have done it by your self. You are not a startup anymore which can hide behind their inexperience. You want to be a known source of truth, but brushing the truth under the rug ... time and time again. It matters actually most of the time what you do in the first place and not after the fact. For me the Billet Labs incident isn't even the biggest blunder: How you treat errors and correct them is intransparent at best.

Last note: You want to show your fellow subscribers behind the paywall how your test process looks like: Wow good job in understanding the point.

they more likely didn't know about this until they made the video.

Also that kinda stuff would be more a lawyers response.

well that's if its all true 

Personally, I think this is a fantastic initial response to everything. And it’s awesome to see so many of the humans behind the wheel, including the new faces too! Can’t wait to see more of Terran and Gary in the future. So reassuring to see Yvonne with her real talk, too.

Good luck and all the best, LMG.

Just now, Hamrat said:

How to drive a man insane. You cannot expect 1 person to do all of that without a lot of stuff falling through the cracks

That's not really an excuse to let sexual harassment and workplace bullying slip by but eh... 

2 minutes ago, treestain said:

Until either side has evidence of anything it should be moved on from

"I will not believe a woman has been harassed in a workplace unless she has written transcripts. No, audio recordings. No, even audio recordings will totally just be AI generated, she needs signed handwritten confessions by the people who harassed her. And even then she knows how to use photoshop."

6 minutes ago, Woddell said:

Billet 'specifically requested' GN not to release. No where does it say LMG/LTT couldn't.  

If they didn't want GN to release it, why the fuck would they want LTT to release it? Do you think before you post? This apology was made after the GN videos, everyone knows Billet wanted that info to remain private

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

This was so close to being a good response, and then Linus showed up and STILL acted defensive and tried to put positive spin on it.

They should NOT have had him in this video if he wasn't going to be truly contrite. He took less than 30 seconds to go back to defensive mode, talking about how hard it is to be him and trying to point out all of the good things he thought he did.

No. NO!

Just fucking NO.

When you apologize, you talk about what you did wrong and how it'll be fixed going forward. You don't try to minimize it, you don't point out how much it sucks for you, you just DON'T.

This is not what humility looks like. This is what trying and failing to suppress your pride and hurt feelings looks like.

1 minute ago, Kravatie1 said:

they more likely didn't know about this until they made the video.

Also that kinda stuff would be more a lawyers response.

well that's if its all true 

Well the tweets are about 4 hours old. The video went live about 40m ago. I guess there was time to address it.

As a viewer for almost 7 years i can say i am satisfied with this answer. End of the day we are all human and sometimes best we can do is improve. Thanks to the crew for honesty.

Specs: Ryzen 7 5700G w/ Wraith Prism(locked at 4.2 ghz)

32 GB(4x8) Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 MHZ CL 16 RAM

Asus Prime B550M-A Wi-Fi

3 SSD(250 nVME+480+250)

Cooler Master H500 w/ 750W +80 Bronze PSU

MSI GTX 670 Jurassic Park edition(i don't know the model name it is just as old as a dinosaur)

2 minutes ago, Kitsunelaine said:

"I will not believe a woman has been harassed in a workplace unless she has written transcripts. No, audio recordings. No, even audio recordings will totally just be AI generated, she needs signed handwritten confessions by the people who harassed her. And even then she knows how to use photoshop."

Quoting something I never said proves nothing lol.

never overclock your underwear

Just now, iAxX said:

That's not really an excuse to let sexual harassment and workplace bullying slip by but eh... 

Completely agree with that, but mega slip ups happen if someone is put under so much pressure as he allegedly is. Not saying it's right, but slip ups happen

CPU: Intel Core i7 6790x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 | Graphics Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance | | PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Platinum | Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 | Cooling: Corsair 360mmm AIO

I think the jokes about sponsorship were a little too soon. And that 'lttstore.com' quip was not very appropriate considering the context of the video.

Also, Linus still acted defensively and didn't address most of the criticism either.

Then again, the Madison situation needs to warrant a full investigation if true.

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 1700, 12 GB, RX 580 8 GB  Second Rig: FX-8150, 16 GB, R9 290 4 GB 

Third Rig: FX-6100, 16 GB, GTX 780 Ti 3 GB  Twin HP Compaq Elite 8200 Towers: i7 2600 (x2), 16 GB (x2), HD 5450 1 GB (x2)

3 minutes ago, treestain said:

The monetization was bafflingly stupid, but sexual harassment is a huge leap from a water block, come on dude. Until either side has evidence of anything it should be moved on from. Is Linus rushing his employees? Yes. Is he immaturely talking about their tits in the middle of a busy work day? I think not, I could be wrong, but I have yet to see any actual evidence to show for it.

So why make this comment? Until you see evidence of it, its entirely possible. You have no idea what the workplace conditions are like. This sort of thing happened not so long ago with Rooster Teeth. Everyone thought it was a cool place to work at, then it came out that it was in fact a s*** hole. Making homophobic names for trans staff members as their average everyday name to their face. Had several staff members messaging and meeting fans  that are also minors. 

You can't speculate it from the outside if you've never been there. As far as we all know, we should keep an open mind and consider that it is true.

There were definitely judgement errors here. Paywalling the video (which I think was abandoned when it was realised what that actually meant), revealing info that Billet requested to be private, but I’ll give that a pass. I think it’s safe to say that they are under INTENSE stress right now.

This was a good apology in many ways. I think it’s as good as could be expected. I just don’t think it’s going to be enough, given the Madison testimony. I know it was likely filmed before that testimony got about and isn’t intended to be a response to it, but the entire culture at the company appears to be toxic, and sponsors are not going to want to work with a company where there are allegations of widespread sexual harassment and even sexual assault.

This whole video isn't an apology. It's LMG performing a whole lot of damage control. A bunch of upper management staring blankly at a teleprompter, a needless LTTstore plug proves they don't take the community's concerns serious enough. Furthermore I find it extremely funny that Linus says he's too emotional and admitting to making blunders... While being emotional and making blunders by even appearing in the video at all. Furthermore not respecting BL's wish to hide the true cost of the prototype by revealing the full price in an email.

Now they're going to 'take a week' to 'work on issues'. In other words, they're going to wait until this blows over. Well, maybe if not for the fact a certain ex-employee now comes forth with SA claims about certain LTT employees.

Just now, conscience said:

Well the tweets are about 4 hours old. The video went live about 40m ago. I guess there was time to address it.

The video was probably scheduled to be released. What madison said had nothing to do with youtube, its more legal crap that

Vis-a-vis the Billet Labs and accuracy concerns I thought this was fine. I think the scope of criticism has expanded a bit though.

This is the type of response it should have been originally. Thought out, with time to get some of the neccessary facts and present them.

Linus - I love your content. I also love GN content. I understand your passion, and appreciate it, about the company you have built. Next time please hit the pause button though and get all your facts lined up properly BEFORE you respond out of emotion. I understand how things can feel like a personal attack out of left field. My advice is to next time post a message that a response will be forthcoming after gathering all the neccessary information. This lets the community know you are listening, but gives LTT time to prepare and address a proper response with accurate information. I know the feeling of wanting to quash a problem right there and now, but sometimes you have to reserve oneself to gaener a proper response.

Hope to see these new changes and look forward to them. Thank you for the work you have done. This blip can pass and hopefully we all learn something. From LTT, to GN, to us the commenters on how to have more civil discussions.

Thank you

Just now, conscience said:

To be fair...when you account for editing etc, as well as all the discussions about what to say and how to handle it, as well as the fact that it went live at about 6am local time...it's fairly reasonable to assume that the video was shot yesterday.

Finally a proper response. Thank you very much for this video. I also see that Billet Labs had not been 100% transparent about communications between LTT and them. Even if there was a communication error, the fact remains that we did not have both sides of the coin. I'm glad you're taking a break from the videos to improve processes and take the time to get things back on track. I love the team and Linus, all I mainly wanted was for us to have a reasonable response with plans to resolve the situation and your side of the coin. What you provided with this video. Thank you all for this video. Take the time you need, we love you very much!

2 minutes ago, ShadowedFox said:

So why make this comment? Until you see evidence of it, its entirely possible. You have no idea what the workplace conditions are like. This sort of thing happened not so long ago with Rooster Teeth. Everyone thought it was a cool place to work at, then it came out that it was in fact a s*** hole. Making homophobic names for trans staff members as their average everyday name to their face. Had several staff members messaging and meeting fans  that are also minors. 

You can't speculate it from the outside if you've never been there. As far as we all know, we should keep an open mind and consider that it is true.

I mean again, I could be wrong. But from where I'm standing both sides are handling it terribly, and admittedly, Linus handling it worse.

There has yet to be proof from either side of anything at all.

never overclock your underwear

Now that LMG has taken action.

Can all the trolls, immature kids and fake fans/community members take their hate and toxicity out of our forum.  You dont have to leave, just move forward.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!