Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

9 minutes ago, Arika said:

im not saying they need to ask her permission to investigate, but she might not want the full details written on the internet. generally victims don't want the worst parts of their lives open for everyone to see the nitty gritty details otherwise she would have given names of the people that were the problem and given more concrete details. she's already scared of the community.

sure hope they did that before saying they are going to be publishing the findings

You can publish the findings, leave out the persons name, or any details about what actually happened.  While we would all, obviously know who it was, you can still publish like "we did this wrong, and this is what we will do to fix it"

1 hour ago, digitalscream said:

If anyone did get fired, it wouldn't be for using a phrase - that's only opening the door to investigate further to see if they're one of the ones Madison's talking about.

Indeed. As an autistic guy, I've had this happen a number of times earlier in my career. When I brought it up because it made me deeply uncomfortable (unexpected  and inappropriate physical contact kinda feels like an electric shock to me) as I understood you're supposed to, I was always told "Well, you should just appreciate the affection and be flattered".

My conclusion was that the boys' club mentality goes both ways, and both suck.

You're not alone.

I was hard R'd by a young woman and was laughed out of the police station, saying I must have wanted it/liked it.

Also been inappropriately touched by older women on busses etc, nothing ever gets done because it's either 'harmless' or 'you must like the attention'.

Regardless of sex or gender, sexual harassment is a plague and those who diminish and downplay it are also responsible for reinforcing the behaviour.

39 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Not sure if this has been posted or not but here is LMG’s response to Philip DeFranco regarding what is happening. It sounds like they are actively investigating and working to get to bottom of things. I say give them the benefit of the doubt before lynching them. Let it play out and see what happens. But that’s just me. 

IMG_2833.jpeg

Combing their personal files to corroborate the allegations, when Madison states that company policy was to just talk it over as friends.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, etc.

Be interesting to see what comes of this. If it's downplayed in any way or any kind of character assassination of the alleged victim occurs, I'll never watch LMG content ever again.

6 minutes ago, GitGudDandy said:

Combing their personal files to corroborate the allegations, when Madison states that company policy was to just talk it over as friends.

Be interesting to see what comes of this. If it's downplayed in any way or any kind of character assassination of the alleged victim occurs, I'll never watch LMG content ever again.

So, the 3rd party company will likely interview people as well, however I mentioned this somewhere else.

No matter what, this is a lose/lose for LMG.  If there is an investigation, and something is found, everyone will be "I KNEW IT" and they will get shit on.  If They find nothing, "LMG IS COVERING IT UP!!!!!" or "THERE WAS OBVIOUSLY NO WRITTEN RECORD!"

At the end of the day, there is very little they can do except investigate, see if there is anything, and then publish the report.  If they are smart, they will do this along with process / policy / other changes at the same time, regardless of the findings.

I do not think they will sue Madison unless, somehow, the investigators find that the allegations are completely unfounded, and a blatant lie (which is incredibly unlikely, and would require a LOT of proof).  

7 minutes ago, GitGudDandy said:

Character assassination works both ways. She could just as easily be to blame. We don’t know. I’m sure there won’t be any attempt from LMG to slander or assassinate her  character. They have too much at stake and the backlash would be career ending. 

Just now, RatKnight said:

So, the 3rd party company will likely interview people as well, however I mentioned this somewhere else.

No matter what, this is a lose/lose for LMG.  If there is an investigation, and something is found, everyone will be "I KNEW IT" and they will get shit on.  If They find nothing, "LMG IS COVERING IT UP!!!!!" or "THERE WAS OBVIOUSLY NO WRITTEN RECORD!"

At the end of the day, there is very little they can do except investigate, see if there is anything, and then publish the report.  If they are smart, they will do this along with process / policy / other changes at the same time, regardless of the findings.

I do not think they will sue Madison unless, somehow, the investigators find that the allegations are completely unfounded, and a blatant lie (which is incredibly unlikely, and would require a LOT of proof).  

I think if something is found and they show that they have taken actions agains that person or persons, people will be forgiving. But I agree, if nothing is found there will be accusations of a cover up. 

With Madison’s claims and ltt’s issues, do you think that the decline of Linus media group is here?

233BB548-4846-4D63-80CD-4C5F9F82E91A.gif

93EBAA61-F5B1-4BB4-9DC0-83921B719A73.jpeg

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

3 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

I think if something is found and they show that they have taken actions agains that person or persons, people will be forgiving. But I agree, if nothing is found there will be accusations of a cover up. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... This isn't a logical type of debate where things make sense.  What we are looking at right now is a mob, not a group of logically thinking people.  The only thing that will satiate a mob like this is metaphorical blood.  Anything short of LMG ceasing to exist as a company (ofc then they will be all sad that all those folks are out of a job, and how could this happen?) or Linus leaving the company.

Even if you find people are responsible, even if you fire those people, there will be a large number of people screeching that the rot goes to the top.

At the end of the day, I think the long term impacts to LMG will be relatively minor.  They will take a week or two off of production, hopefully unfuck themselves on that, and say NOTHING about the Madison stuff that hasn't already been said until the investigation by the 3rd party is done.  If they haven't already, they should be engaged with whatever legal firm they have on retainer in case a lawsuit of some kind comes from this, and to keep them from saying something legally problematic.  I am very happy they have managed to get Linus to keep his mouth shut so far, since the inital post.  I expect we will see more complaints as everything going forward coming out of LMG will probably be corpo speak.

Madison, I hope, is seeing a therapist actively (for both existing mental health issues, and to help cope with what is coming her way right now), and that she is engaged with an attorney.  I think it is unlikely LMG sues her, but it is not out of the question if the report comes back and finds no evidence of any wrongdoing on their part.  They could prove, in court, significant damages to both revenue and reputation, and my understanding is that under Canadian law it would be up to her to prove any of this was true.  I really wish she would have consulted a lawyer before she did a late night twitter thread, to make sure she was covered from a legal liability standpoint.

4 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... This isn't a logical type of debate where things make sense.  What we are looking at right now is a mob, not a group of logically thinking people.  The only thing that will satiate a mob like this is metaphorical blood.  Anything short of LMG ceasing to exist as a company (ofc then they will be all sad that all those folks are out of a job, and how could this happen?) or Linus leaving the company.

Even if you find people are responsible, even if you fire those people, there will be a large number of people screeching that the rot goes to the top.

At the end of the day, I think the long term impacts to LMG will be relatively minor.  They will take a week or two off of production, hopefully unfuck themselves on that, and say NOTHING about the Madison stuff that hasn't already been said until the investigation by the 3rd party is done.  If they haven't already, they should be engaged with whatever legal firm they have on retainer in case a lawsuit of some kind comes from this, and to keep them from saying something legally problematic.  I am very happy they have managed to get Linus to keep his mouth shut so far, since the inital post.  I expect we will see more complaints as everything going forward coming out of LMG will probably be corpo speak.

Madison, I hope, is seeing a therapist actively (for both existing mental health issues, and to help cope with what is coming her way right now), and that she is engaged with an attorney.  I think it is unlikely LMG sues her, but it is not out of the question if the report comes back and finds no evidence of any wrongdoing on their part.  They could prove, in court, significant damages to both revenue and reputation, and my understanding is that under Canadian law it would be up to her to prove any of this was true.  I really wish she would have consulted a lawyer before she did a late night twitter thread, to make sure she was covered from a legal liability standpoint.

Sadly you are right. So many are out for blood without thinking rationally. 

49 minutes ago, Real_Smoky said:

You might be surprised by this, but most people think that unstable individuals still retain their human rights and dignity. Weird concept, I know. Maybe your therapist can explain it to you. 

I'm sure that if I had a therapist, they would agree that food poisoning is a better excuse for calling out sick than taking a knife to your leg. However, you don't need a psych degree to know that, nor is there any evidence to back up her claim that they *would have* denied her sick day considering she *didn't even pick up the phone* to attempt to call out.

7 hours ago, mikaelus said:

And what did he say specifically?

7 hours ago, avgvstvs said:

It would be great if you could share a printscreen or at least source it? Who is Colin? Where can i find "what he said"?

It's been posted multiple times in this thread already, literally just go back on like page 93 or 94...

50 minutes ago, Booch121 said:

image.png.7b947f61ca7f08e2e8f76dd53741c8c5.png

Exactly, she didn't even attempt to call out, she went straight for the knife.

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

It's been posted multiple times in this thread already, literally just go back on like page 93 or 94...

He, more or less, says that what she posted is in line with what he remembers her telling him:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2F1gvzae7nrlib1.jpg

This is not corroboration for her claims, it is confirmation that at least to his recollection her story in the twitter thread is consistent with what he remembers her telling him.

I am still curious to see if we get former employees actually coming out with similar stories about the work environment.  The fact all we have gotten so far is someone confirming that her story is consistent... which is good for her because it means that she likely isn't making up what she is saying (making up lies are generally hard to keep straight), however that doesn't rule out other possibilities, and I will not speculate on the possible reasons for this because I am neither a licensed therapist or a person who has been through an online twitter bomb.

6 minutes ago, castlev said:

Exactly, she didn't even attempt to call out, she went straight for the knife.

She says she got chewed out for calling in sick before, and you're faulting her for not calling in knowing it would just get her chewed out again... ?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, bombaglad said:

This whole thread makes me sick. What a bunch of fanboys.

We can give LMG the benefit of the doubt without being “fanboys”.  

just saying. 

I sincerely hope this turns out to be misinterpretation between her and the staff at LMG. I know its been said on this thread but from personal experience working in a professional setting there are people who take every little thing and run with it or blow them far out of proportions. I would hate to think how the work environment being described would affect someone like Emily. Ill save any opinions I have on the topic until after the third party investigation has been concluded and the findings published. Best case scenario this leads to a more welcoming work environment and quality of work life improvements at LMG.

P.S. I am fairly new to the forum and I have never used a forum website before other then the odd answer from a google search but I am glad to see a lot of the responses are fairly respectful and tame, not all are but most. Its nice to be part of a community that does not feel entirely toxic.

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

She says she got chewed out for calling in sick before, and you're faulting her for not calling in knowing it would just get her chewed out again... ?

Then you quit and hire a lawyer (there are lawyers who will take the fee from a judgement if they are confident in your case, instead of an upfront fee), you don't slice your leg open.

5 minutes ago, bombaglad said:

This whole thread makes me sick. What a bunch of fanboys.

I am not a fanboy.

I just think that we can treat the person making the accusations with support and respect, while still assuming that the accused did nothing wrong and waiting for the outcome of the investigation.

None of us here know the details of what happened, and the perceptions of everyone involved will be tainted by time and emotion.  We will see what the investigation says.

Just now, castlev said:

Then you quit and hire a lawyer (there are lawyers who will take the fee from a judgement if they are confident in your case, instead of an upfront fee), you don't slice your leg open.

Don't even need to hire a lawyer, you call the labor board.  That is, blatantly illegal.  They could have requested a doctors note (my employer does this for people who call out a lot), but if she was chewed out for using her leave she could have filed a complaint.

Someone I work with files complaints for EVERYTHING.  You have to eggshell walk around them, and not really interact.  They have the most secure job in history.

1 minute ago, RatKnight said:

I am not a fanboy.

I just think that we can treat the person making the accusations with support and respect, while still assuming that the accused did nothing wrong and waiting for the outcome of the investigation.

None of us here know the details of what happened, and the perceptions of everyone involved will be tainted by time and emotion.  We will see what the investigation says.

This right here.  

Too many people are instantly out for blood without actually allowing for either side to fully present their case and any evidence to back up claims or defend themselves.  

3 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

What a bunch of condescending BS! You should be ashamed of yourself.

It's laughable what people come up with to "protect Madison from herself".

Madison has the right to express her thoughts, feelings and experiences without an legal implications.

Defamation is something completely different. It requires a false assertion of fact. And good luck proving that in court.

It would be nice if the choir of people screeching "defamation lawsuit" and "Madison is in legal trouble now" could stop. Spreading misinformation trying to scare people speaking up is despicable.

23 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

So, basically, he said she told him the same story. Waw... talk about evidence, lol.