Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

2 minutes ago, VisibleXela said:

When people say stuff like this I can't help but remember the recent situation where Wizards of the Coast sent a Pinkerton hit squad to a customer for accidentally receiving the wrong product and getting one that hadn't released yet.

Not an employee, and a wildly different situation, but I mean, let's be real, that's really not all that much different than "listen to me or you lose your livelihood."

Seems far more productive and healthy, to me, to instead actively promote and build a healthy work culture and use "enforcement" as a last resort.

So rules and policies shouldn't have consequences?

4 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

can you link the other employee statements? i believe you I just want to update my friend who is also interested in this situation

I was talking about David liking the thread, sorry if I caused any sort of confusion/spread misinformation.

This font is amazing.

“I am not stating what happened to me because I am seeking clout, I’m stating it because it has been eating away at me for 2 years,” 

Oops, she said the quiet part out loud.  

Looking at her workload and how she perceived it, I understand why she was ultimately made to leave the company. It sounds like they gave her every chance to figure out why such a small social media workload each week was difficult. 

The only work this woman will be able to get after this defamation for clout campaign will be the usual suspects; truth social, epoch times, prager U, the Jordan Peterson institute, etc.  it’s been proven all over the world that complaining and lying your way to the top is quicker than honesty and diligence. 

She literally had a 3rd party HR path to a solution. Every person that has ever worked in a corporation WISHES they had a 3rd party HR provider.

18 minutes ago, yoc said:

Still here, trying to be "impartial", friendo?
I mean, a lot has changed since yesterday, for instance:
1) 2 ex-employees partially corroborated her story.

2) We now know that a (extraordinary) HR meeting was held immediately after her departure.
Have you changed your opinion at all? Not judging, whatever, I'm just curious because we were talking about this yesterday.

Sorry trying to get caught up. Where did you get this information?

2 minutes ago, yoc said:

I was talking about David liking the thread, sorry if I caused any sort of confusion/spread misinformation.

David liking the thread is very vague too.  It's not really telling us anything other than he agrees with some part of it.  We dont know unless he makes a statement.

All I'm saying is, too many people are making big assumptions out of small details.

1 minute ago, vorg.eth said:

The only work this woman will be able to get after this defamation for clout campaign will be the usual suspects; truth social, epoch times, prager U, the Jordan Peterson institute, etc.  

I doubt it. Their fans are the types in this thread calling her a liar and worse. 

1 minute ago, vorg.eth said:

She literally had a 3rd party HR path to a solution. Every person that has ever worked in a corporation WISHES they had a 3rd party HR provider.

Pretty sure at the time she worked there, HR was Yvonne. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, mMontana said:

I hope in whole your life to never get in touch/know/befriend to a person that received some kind of personal violence. For that person, because could be hurted a lot by your absolutism.

You have your convinction/opinion, I don't want to take that out of you, I'm for free thinking, not a marketing person who want to make people think "something" I'm convinced I'm correct.

In this situation I never stood for any of the parts, because I was not there, so there's no chance that I know what exactly happened. And neither you, who call that person liar.

My "rephrase" of that words are simply a fact: the phrase in that email was legally calibrated and sized for say something without creating more possible issues for the company. This cannot be debated from your point of view.

Social media is not the place for harassment allegations. It’s hard to take anyone serious when it comes from Twitter. It takes what could very well be a truthful and traumatic experience for her and turns it into gossip. 

2 minutes ago, vorg.eth said:

“I am not stating what happened to me because I am seeking clout, I’m stating it because it has been eating away at me for 2 years,” 

Oops, she said the quiet part out loud.  

Looking at her workload and how she perceived it, I understand why she was ultimately made to leave the company. It sounds like they gave her every chance to figure out why such a small social media workload each week was difficult. 

The only work this woman will be able to get after this defamation for clout campaign will be the usual suspects; truth social, epoch times, prager U, the Jordan Peterson institute, etc.  it’s been proven all over the world that complaining and lying your way to the top is quicker than honesty and diligence. 

Ok Linus, drop the fake account

I must say that the moderators have some balls hosting a thread, on LMG servers no doubt, in which people are able to Libel a former employee whose allegations are under investigation. 

Never mind having people to do crisis communication... they need external counsel to help them out, fast.

11 minutes ago, vorg.eth said:

truth social, epoch times, prager U, the Jordan Peterson institute

We don't need a list of your favourite media outlets vorg.

7 minutes ago, mMontana said:

I hope in whole your life to never get in touch/know/befriend to a person that received some kind of personal violence. For that person, because could be hurted a lot by your absolutism.

You have your convinction/opinion, I don't want to take that out of you, I'm for free thinking, not a marketing person who want to make people think "something" I'm convinced I'm correct.

In this situation I never stood for any of the parts, because I was not there, so there's no chance that I know what exactly happened. And neither you, who call that person liar.

My "rephrase" of that words are simply a fact: the phrase in that email was legally calibrated and sized for say something without creating more possible issues for the company. This cannot be debated from your point of view.

Tbh, I hope you are faced with baseless public allegations of sexual abuse and misconduct from some clout chasing sociopath because you need a slap of reality. 

You do a massive disservice to anyone that has ever been assaulted by cheering for the weaponization of false allegations. 

1 minute ago, 1982 Original said:

Social media is not the place for harassment allegations. It’s hard to take anyone serious when it comes from Twitter. It takes what could very well be a truthful and traumatic experience for her and turns it into gossip. 

Please, stop campaign your opinion. You're entitled to have it, but once expressed, insist make you appear like the persons during Middle Ages looking for some witches to burn.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

5 hours ago, dominikremes said:

Well, I've definitely seen at least 2 of her posts that kinda cancel each other out. First she wrote that she was told something inappropriate and she quit 15 minutes after. In an other twitter post, she was replying to someone who asked how she had the stomach to quit, she wrote, that she started applying to jobs and she accepted an offer and quit. Did she do it in 15 minutes? I mean, an interview usually takes at least 30 minutes to an hour in my experience, soo, I don't really believe her. Think she was just mad for having to do some work. Maybe with some real evidence she can change my mind, but right now, things just don't add up. I mean, it seems pretty unbelievable to have a job offered to you just around when someone tells you something you don't like.

image.png.dda3805db70924367fcb77a5baa65f8e.pngimage.png.6e2e714089a5dad162d0270cea096c51.png

I don't think these conflict at all. She could have been in the final stages of an interview, or had a few decent chances at other jobs before she quit. She was probably waiting to resign, but decided to just quit since she had some possibilities open already.

1 minute ago, mMontana said:

Please, stop campaign your opinion. You're entitled to have it, but once expressed, insist make you appear like the persons during Middle Ages looking for some witches to burn.

Stop quoting me in an effort enforce your views on my opinion and I’ll stop stating them. I’m not interested in your virtue signaling. If you continue to quote me, I’ll continue to respond. The balls in your court to leave it alone. 

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I doubt it. Their fans are the types in this thread calling her a liar and worse. 

Assuming the recorded meeting was actually right after she left (as has been stated) they specifically reference the 3rd party HR firm.... so my suspicion is that, assuming that is when the recording is from, she had that option.

1 minute ago, DarkSwordsman said:

I don't think these conflict at all. She could have been in the final stages of an interview, or had a few decent chances at other jobs before she quit. She was probably waiting to resign, but decided to just quit since she had some possibilities open already.

I didn't see anything she said in her thread that "canceled" anything out   BUT, supposedly she has made twitter posts before that she pulled down soon after that had conflicting info.  I cant verify because I never saw them.  There is talk of them in this thread though.

10 minutes ago, vorg.eth said:

Tbh, I hope you are faced with baseless public allegations of sexual abuse and misconduct from some clout chasing sociopath because you need a slap of reality. 

You do a massive disservice to anyone that has ever been assaulted by cheering for the weaponization of false allegations. 

I like how there isn't even sexual abuse allegations against any specific person and you are crying about clout chasing. 

7 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Meritocracy's never work because they starve the governing party of different view points. Like in politics, a meritocracy might end up being a government made up just lawyers, who never pass anything that might be of benefit to someone who isn't a lawyer. See what I mean?

When you have a company that has a very lop-sided gender balance, that isn't small, you are inevitably going to have situations where under-represented (eg gender, race) aspects get ignored, which results situations where the company continues to make gaffs, until something potentially fatal to the company happens.

Like look at the AI facial recognition tech. The reason it's so awful is because the the training data lacks the equal diversity necessary to not erase under-represented faces from being erased from the weights.

I pointed out the gender balance because gender balance is one of the easiest things to solve, simply hire, or create new positions to fix it. LMG could have a female host and a few female writers to do one segment and then slowly bring them into other content. If it doesn't work, then you keep trying until you find someone who does vibe well with everyone. 

Race balance is a lot harder to solve because the metro Vancouver area has few "black communities", they were displaced 50 years ago to build a freeway.  1.2% of the population. Where as Asian communities are 40%. But again, look at the team page, I'd say the race diversity could use some work, but it's a lot closer to the actual racial make up of Metro Vancouver, and better than some bigger businesses.

But again, I'm going to point out the hosts and writers are mostly white and that does not reflect the diversity of the Metro Vancouver. But it's less urgent to solve since the overall staff does.

There are companies that over-weight gender or race makeup, and it results in alienation of the under-represented groups, and potentially making the company unproductive during certain parts of the year (see Christmas - Hanukkah - Lunar/Chinese New Year) because too many people take the day/week off, and then you end up with communication problems from tasks being ignored.

The Madison issue, to me was that LMG hired her because she seemed like a good "fit" on camera. Maybe that wasn't the best idea. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe the next time LMG hires a woman for a writer or on-camera host role, they will recognize that the existing bro-culture that seems to exist is actually unproductively bad.

Gender and race quotas lead to lesser performance.  You hire the best person for the job, that applies for the job.  This is especially true in start-ups and businesses that rely on performance and profit, you need the best performer regardless of identity, there is no time or room for waste.

This kind of stuff is great in government type jobs, where it is known and expected that performance will be sub par, the job will take 10x as long, and get done 10x shittier, for 10x the cost.  Its unfortunate that is the case, but everyone knows it happens.  So you can virtue signal all day by having every gender, race, and identity equally represented in these fields.  When you want to get shit done, that all does out the window.  Elon cut Twitter's staff by what, more than 50%?  Who did he keep on?  A bunch of dudes, skewed pretty heavy toward Asians.  And somehow, it didn't collapse as the media said it would (as they are all still on it, non stop), because it turns out they kept the people who can actually do the job.

Tech is going to be more weighted toward men because men and women are different, and dudes like tech and tech jobs more.   Thems the breaks.  Lumberjacks, garbage men, engineers, the list goes on and on.  Men have more proclivity and interest in these fields.  You aren't going to get better results by ensuring 50% of lumberjacks are female for diversities sake.

I see some people here picking sides, and i feel the need to remind yall, we do not have the full picture.

All we have is her side, and the sides of some ex employees. Linus did make a statement to the verge, but its just a "please wait for out official response as we do an investigation"

Before you decide what hill you want to die on, maybe stop and wait for all sides to come forth, and then make your decision from there. This is a serious situation, and some twitchy reactions can be unessissarily damaging to either LTT or Madison.

That is all i have to say.

12 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

Who is the other ex-employee?

1) I have only seen Colin, and all he really said was that her story matches what he was told / heard... not that he actually experienced, or saw any of it.  I saw David liked her tweets... but that is basically showing support, and afaik he has said nothing.

2) That HR meeting sounded like just about every HR meeting I have ever sat in following an employee leaving and having an exit interview where they complained about something.  That was obviously a speech and training given to them to do by the outside HR firm following these complaints probably being given during an exit interview.  - I should note that is speculation, but that is basically a type of meeting I have had to sit through before (and sounded about the same) after an unhappy employee left.

David has you said. I took that as form of endorsement of her message.
Yeah an absolutely normal HR meeting, to (stated by Linus) to address "rumors" and let people know that stuff should be handled indoors since "we are a family" (not a direct quote), were a lot of people didn't even know that you could report anonymously, everyone is incentivized to talk do their "bully" and solve things out or talk to Linus/Yvonne... Cmon, is an "oh shit" meeting trying to do damage control and everyone knows.
More, how Linus stated that was "shocked" to hear such allegations if he literally held this meeting after the "incident"... 

Probably unrelated, but a lot of people were saying that she come up with this after the scandal and that it was sus, guess what? She didn't, Colin tweets prove that and this meeting does it too.  

This font is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

They cheer now, but as soon as it’s revealed she’s just an opportunist without an ethical bone in her body; they’ll adopt her. 

She’ll have no we’re else to go.  All the sociopaths end up in that bubble eventually. 

All these new accounts coming in here and trying to censor conversation, speculation, theories, questions, scenarios, points of view, etc... It's not an attack against Madison. Her posts are vague and unspecific, so people are going to try to fill in the blanks and guess what that could ultimately mean.

11 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Incidentally, I'd have thought that the first person to ask in the investigation, after Colin and David, would be whoever recorded that meeting. They obviously did so for a reason, and that'll be a job for the third-party investigator if they're capable of keeping their sources anonymous (assuming the individual still works there).

If the 3rd party investigator had any integrity, they would attempt to interview every ex-employee.  If lets say the 3rd party isn't allowed to though, then it should be noted in their report as well.

There's actually a few specific ex-employees that come to mind that I think would need to be interviewed.

Max - Seems like she left on good terms, but the CSF video where she talks about not being re-imbursed at all for the manicures (when she was the hand model); that sort of thing needs to be investigated as it would lead credence to not following at least some standard practices

Female employee who had blasted LTT on twitter - I can't find the tweet, but I know it exists of an employee (maybe 4-6 years ago) on twitter...iirc there was some glaring things that would match Madison's events.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

9 minutes ago, vorg.eth said:

I totally agree with you! False allegation are a tough pill for persons who really received abuse. 

So if someone really knows something, has more information than me. Again, despite any personal convinction, no one in this thread knows any sh*t about what happened.

Therefore, i cannot call the accuser liar, or consider this company a bad place to work due to the twitter scroll Madison released. Any opinion I might have on the issue is completely pointless because (and many others here) don't know anything!

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂