Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

No one is rewriting history, history shows trends changed.  since the early-mid 70s the women in the field got pushed out and the field became incredibly gender imbalanced in the other direction (towards men)

I wasn't talking about capital H History of the world there.  I was talking about the little h hisotry of what he wrote on this message board lol. 

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

This feels so disengenous. Yes, pre-digital computers, computers were literally women.

Post-digital computers. Men just took over everything but secretarial work that used computers.

The "history" Channel article that I linked multiple times says otherwise.  

https://www.history.com/news/coding-used-to-be-a-womans-job-so-it-was-paid-less-and-undervalued

Screenshot_20230817_125114.thumb.png.440b3b51363dc1f72954cc0472d0e01d.png

The point is sexist stereotypes that are rampant in the world are what made that happen.  

There is nothing "natural" about the state of affairs where any tech company is mostly one race and one gender IF it is over a certain size.  Even in the most conservative of US states companies of the size of LMG are expected to be more diverse than LMG is. 

5 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

There is nothing "natural" about the state of affairs where any tech company is mostly one race and one gender IF it is over a certain size.  Even in the most conservative of US states companies of the size of LMG are expected to be more diverse than LMG is. 

Or they are just hiring the best candidates based on their skills and not basing it on gender or race, just what they bring to the table for the company?

The company I work for is literally 6 women and 2 men.  We were all hired based on skills, not gender.

14 minutes ago, yoc said:

I'm not sure that he's not corroborating Madison's allegations as some of you have said... The more I read the tweets the more I feel he is (and was, when it happened) actually on "her side" (hate to put it this way).
image.png.8212eecf84e082c1ab2d3d191e4dd75f.png

He maybe but he really should stop tweeting as its not helping matters with his personal comments. If he wants to help he needs to get in touch with the investigator as his personal comments are clouding the issue and going to make it more difficult if she a victim here.

In-fact both should stop tweeting at this point and contact the investigators.

I seen real victims destroy their own case but a ill though out tweet and non victims do the same.

This is why lawyers tell thier clients to stay the hell of social media.

4 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

I wasn't talking about capital H History of the world there.  I was talking about the little h hisotry of what he wrote on this message board lol. 

The "history" Channel article that I linked multiple times says otherwise.  

https://www.history.com/news/coding-used-to-be-a-womans-job-so-it-was-paid-less-and-undervalued

Screenshot_20230817_125114.thumb.png.440b3b51363dc1f72954cc0472d0e01d.png

The point is sexist stereotypes that are rampant in the world are what made that happen.  

No, there is nothing natural about it, I did not realize that was the argument. Any field being hyper-gender dominant means there are issues not being fully addressed for multitudes of reasons.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

So , Colin had brought up some of the issues with Madison verbally. Very interesting developments indeed. UwU

not really?
It was already known that people knew about the issues. 

25 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

He correct if colourful in his description lol.

All forums can have toxic elements and there are groups on both sides blaming both sides which is wrong.

Rather then stepping back and look at the facts and  waiting for the investigation.

Madison should not be blamed and Lmg shouldn't be found guilty before proven innocent but this is lost on some.

We had perfect examples with Weinstein where some jumped to his defence then he turned out to be a monster and Depp who turned out to be a victim but was vilified before the trial.

Dub ended up making matters worse though by showing a clear bias which just clouds the whole thing.

If Madison telling the truth he just made things harder with his tweeting.

This is always a problem when you go personal rather then stick to the facts as you see them.

All we can do is wait for more facts and see how the investigation goes.

What? That has nothing to do what I've said.
Madison should absolutely come out with her story. Glad she did so it can be investigated and make everyone involved in that shitshow accountable.
Dub should have shown his support when it happened (which seems like he did) and now. Now is important because 1) she must be through a lot in this moment (not only but also because of guys like you) and 2) because it makes more difficult sweep this under the rug.
I do agree that we should let the investigation proceed but victim blaming, dismissing her as a lier, and a lot of other shit that I've seen in this forum and all over the internet is not how you do it.

This font is amazing.

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

But we arent talking about history.  We are discussing what is going on HERE and NOW.  I figured that was a given.

Look, this ultimately doesn't matter, but if we were talking about the here and now, there were a million ways to word your original sentence that said that.

You weren't being sarcastic. You weren't being allegorical. There is no rhetorical device being used to make it obvious to everyone that we should have read the phrase "always" as "recent".

It seems so obvious to me why people were calling you out. They said so in their own words as clearly as I did. It's also seems obvious why this might be a touchy subject. Yet, you aren't really interested in saying "Oh, sorry, I was wrong about that." even now when you admit that your sentence clearly stated something different than what you were intending. 

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

not really?
It was already known that people knew about the issues. 

Yeah I know, I'm just having fun at this point. UwU

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 minute ago, buttpoop said:

Look, this ultimately doesn't matter, but if we were talking about the here and now, there were a million ways to word your original sentence that said that.

You weren't being sarcastic. You weren't being allegorical. There is no rhetorical device being used to make it obvious to everyone that we should have read the phrase "always" as "recent".

It seems so obvious to me why people were calling you out. They said so in their own words as clearly as I did. It's also seems obvious why this might be a touchy subject. Yet, you aren't really interested in saying "Oh, sorry, I was wrong about that." even now when you admit that your sentence clearly stated something different than what you were intending. 

Might want to read back a bit.  I did say I worded it wrong a LONG time ago....

8 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

He maybe but he really should stop tweeting as its not helping matters with his personal comments. If he wants to help he needs to get in touch with the investigator as his personal comments are clouding the issue and going to make it more difficult if she a victim here.

I seen real victims destroy their own case but a ill though out tweet and non victims do the same.

Alright Mr. Internet Lawyer, I've read your legal advice before and I ain't buying it.
Already told you why is important to come out and speak about this kind of stuff publicly, ultimately is not your place to decide where, when or how victims tell their story. 

This font is amazing.

5 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Might want to read back a bit.  I did say I worded it wrong a LONG time ago....

I saw it. Your quote was:  

1 hour ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

The first sentence says that the filed is gender unbalanced.  I was saying that there is just more men in the field than women.  Nothing more.  Perhaps I should have said it differently.

This is hopefully my last comment on this in particular subject. In the middle of a controversy of people not taking proper accountability for their words, as the phrase goes, "This isn't it." 

Just now, buttpoop said:

I saw it. Your quote was:  

This is hopefully my last comment on this in particular subject. In the middle of a controversy of people not taking proper accountability for their words, as the phrase goes, "This isn't it." 

Says the great Buttpoop. 

Have a good day Ana’s try not to twist anymore posts to fit your narrative!

10 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

You mean the investigators that were selected, hired and paid by the company accused of the alleged behaviours? They’re not public prosecutors and I have no faith of them being fair or neutral in this matter.

Linus would agree that any product reviews sponsored by the manufacturer of said product should be treated as advertisement, not objective third-party reviews.

13 minutes ago, yoc said:

I'm not sure that he's not corroborating Madison's allegations as some of you have said... The more I read the tweets the more I feel he is (and was, when it happened) actually on "her side" (hate to put it this way).
image.png.8212eecf84e082c1ab2d3d191e4dd75f.png

Part of me feels like, as this plays out, we're about to see what happens when people are used to American Online Culture but don't have American Legal Protections.

Colin went from Madison's original thread sounding like what he heard at the time (hearsay, in the technical term) to active knowledge/engagement with other LMG staff over the issue.  Colin actively worked with Linus, on videos, regularly.

There's a lot of logical questions to ask after Colin's tweets. Though the one observation I will make is this: LMG would have assumed Madison made the Glassdoor post, which is why the response was structured around BC Employment law and referenced non-retaliation rules & that no one had filed a formal legal complaint. Which means there's absolutely files & paperwork on her time at the company and issues that arose. I think it's safe to assume that Linus and upper management were aware there were issues and they clearly actually did make response from the information set they had.

I repeat my points about "this isn't going to end well" and "don't do late night Twitter threads". 

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Part of me feels like, as this plays out, we're about to see what happens when people are used to American Online Culture but don't have American Legal Protections.

Colin went from Madison's original thread sounding like what he heard at the time (hearsay, in the technical term) to active knowledge/engagement with other LMG staff over the issue.  Colin actively worked with Linus, on videos, regularly.

There's a lot of logical questions to ask after Colin's tweets. Though the one observation I will make is this: LMG would have assumed Madison made the Glassdoor post, which is why the response was structured around BC Employment law and referenced non-retaliation rules & that no one had filed a formal legal complaint. Which means there's absolutely files & paperwork on her time at the company and issues that arose. I think it's safe to assume that Linus and upper management were aware there were issues and they clearly actually did make response from the information set they had.

I repeat my points about "this isn't going to end well" and "don't do late night Twitter threads". 

If true, Linus lied (again) in his statement to The Verge.

This font is amazing.

10 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Says the great Buttpoop. 

Have a good day Ana’s try not to twist anymore posts to fit your narrative!

47 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Does your phone/computer not have autocorrect because damn....  Not making a strong case for yourself my friend.

EDIT:  I guess autocorrect wouldn't correct bad grammar.  Man I hate being that guy.  

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

You repeat the same things like a broken record. If there is a paper trail of harassment then she has full right to reveal that publicly. she was under no NDA and if there is a paper trail of these things happening then what she says is not defamation. Even if she was under NDA, NDA doesnt stop people from exposing illegal actions done by companies. What you mean by don't do late night twitter threads is: "Women should only say what I want them to say it when I want them to, and they shouldnt share anything uncomfortable.

27 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

There's also the issue of what Colin's technical position within the company was and any legal reporting requirements he would have had with knowledge of harassment/bullying/sexual impropriety. While the thread is getting flooded by "derailers", a lot of folks clearly don't understand why lawyers tell you to shut up when you're involved in deep legal issues. There's times that isn't the best course of action, but it's the general rule for a reason.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Colin is entitled to point out that he raised it verbally at the time. His statements speak to the fact that Madison's allegations have not changed over time - they've remained consistent for the last 18 months. They should shut up all the detractors who disgustingly say that "she's only doing it now for clout". That gives her claims a lot more veracity. Unfortunately, this is the internet.

He doesn't say who, so there's no individual being libelled here. And Colin isn't opening him up to much risk at all in pointing that out.

And it may surprise you to learn this, but a lot of countries other than the US, including Canada, have freedom of expression.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

There's also the issue of what Colin's technical position within the company was and any legal reporting requirements he would have had with knowledge of harassment/bullying/sexual impropriety. While the thread is getting flooded by "derailers", a lot of folks clearly don't understand why lawyers tell you to shut up when you're involved in deep legal issues. There's times that isn't the best course of action, but it's the general rule for a reason.

I am sure you are really professional lawyer and not just pulling that out of your unwashed poop hole. Oh wait we have this beautiful thing called freedom of speech in both america and canada. So her releasing these statements is not illegal or defamatory, especially since we already have her coworkers backing her up, and a hr meeting from after her termination.

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I am at a complete and total loss as to what risk you think Colin is opening himself up to. 

Just now, starsmine said:

I am at a complete and total loss as to what risk you think Colin is opening himself up to. 

It's just concern trolling.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 minutes ago, buttpoop said:

Not sure what you’re getting at but by all means, have a good day 🙃

11 minutes ago, yoc said:

What? That has nothing to do what I've said.
Madison should absolutely come out with her story. Glad she did so it can be investigated and make everyone involved in that shitshow accountable.
Dub should shown his support (when it happened, which seems like he did) and now. Now is important because 1) she must be through a lot in this moment (not only but also because of guys like you) and 2) because it makes more difficult sweep this under the rug.
I do agree that we should let the investigation proceed but victim blaming, dismissing her as a lier, and a lot of other shit that I've seen in this forum and all over the internet is not the opposite of that. 

I was talking about the mafia comment.

Here the problem with what you said though and its a large one you picked a side.

Yes people need to come forward if they are a victim or believe they were.

But any lawyer at this point would tell them to stay off social media and just stick to the facts no personal comments at all.

Dub made matters worse with his fans comment which was no smart.

Lawyers do this all the time to prevent client from saying something wrong that could kill their case even if their are a victim, happens far to often.

The other reason is if they are lying you don't want to give it away or get yourself into even more trouble which also happens to often.

Funny thing is you are accusing me of the very thing your doing.

I haven't picked a side i said the facts on the surface so far don't add up.

This doesn't mean anyone is lying as its been two years  and the worst witness are peoples memories

I fully agree there are plenty on the forum who have blamed either side which is about as dumb as it gets.

Depp got crucified when Amber heard said what she said and people didn't bother looking for facts before doing so.

This is a point where things should be taken seriously and investigated before point any fingers.

Its not believe all woman or believe all men its about doing things the correct way.

Sadly that's not what you did is it.

Be careful carrying the pitchfork as those that instantly believed Amber stuck themselves in the foot just as those who jumped to Wientstien defence. My advice step back don't get emotionally involved and let the facts and investigation play out. its far to early to tell who is a actually victim here is and only fools bet on a horse before its left the barn.  Let the fools argue it out and don't get dragged into the drama as that cesspool its not a health place to be in regardless of  what anyone believes.