Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

3 minutes ago, ImpliedSilence said:

All it took was one day and Linus lying through his teeth.....again.

Where did Linus Lie?

Billet Labs just posted an update on Reddit. Seems like they want a pound of flesh more than a proper resolution.

"UPDATE

For full transparency, Linus contacted us this evening saying it's likely he can get the block back from the buyer.

We have declined this offer, and asked for the previously agreed monetary value instead for the following reasons:

1. we have already spent a significant percentage of the value of the block in the last few days on replacement parts to build a new block, assuming we'd never see the original one again.

2. we do not know if the original block is still in good working condition, and how much money will be needed to fix it if it's not.

3. we don't know if any of the bespoke fittings are missing, each of these costs money to replace if they are.

4. LTT have had our 3090ti without using it for 9 weeks, so we have lost confidence that they will return items quickly.

5. LTT isn't currently in possession of the block, they've only said that they can get it back. We therefore don't know when we'd get it back, and time is of the essence.

6. LTT has confirmed that the block is with a private individual rather than a rival company, so lost IP is much less of an issue.

We wanted to state this publicly just in case anyone has any issues with the fact that the block has potentially been found, and we chose to take the money instead. We hope you understand our reasoning here. We can have our new block that we're currently making ready in the next couple of weeks, and we are sceptical that we would have the original block back in fully working condition in that amount of time – it would be a gamble at the very least.

Much love

Dean & Felix"

Yeah, regarding the amount of people joining, some are here to just say what they hate or what they like.

But some are long time viewers who didn't believe they had anything real or important enough to contribute till now.

I'm not the only one who has been watching for a long time and had doubts gnawing at me for awhile.  Whatever I have said about GN's approach, it has been an opportunity for those of us keeping those doubts to ourselves for the most part to speak up.

1 minute ago, IndustrialBananaBread said:

Honestly, I hope he does not get off easy. If not for Steve's video, it's likely Billet would have never gotten their money back.

I believe that is a pretty big stretch. 

2 minutes ago, IndustrialBananaBread said:

Just watching the new HW news... wow.

They didn't even offer compensation for Billet until AFTER Steve had to publically call LMG out?
What a sham this company has become. Disgusting behavior that would leave a startup with no compensation even after selling their one of a kind prototype, and then only reach out once you get called out publicly.

Shame on Linus and LMG in general.

As a ten year viewer I didn't expect this from Linus. I almost can't believe the spinning...

1 minute ago, TheProfosist said:

See what would entail addressing this is full. Also at this point how could he make it come off as sincere?

A non corporate copy paste apology acknowledging all the mistakes up to this point live on the WAN show would be great for a start.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

48 minutes ago, ScoggsUK said:

Read the thread on it dude not just the last comment and you'll see the context. 

I'm not disputing it's been confirmed sold now.

Ok, i see your point. GN should have clarified how they determined that the item was sold, and I think the second GN video gives the evidence they used to confirm that it was sold. In the first video, they state they had correspondance with Billet to get a timeline of events, but do not show any emails. In the second video they do show the text correspondance between billet and LTT, proving that its sold.

Screenshot_20230815_152332_YouTube.jpg

Just now, IndustrialBananaBread said:

Honestly, I hope he does not get off easy. If not for Steve's video, it's likely Billet would have never gotten their money back.

I don't disagree that he should have been sued. But since not excessive harm was done, ALL Linus has to do now is actually stop lying. Just come clean and fix your shiz. It's not that hard. Noone wants to harm LTT, we just want good and honest content.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

4 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

They tried that already

I was thinking Epic Rap Battles of History but Celebrity Death Match would also be amusing! Had forgot about that - good shout. 

6 minutes ago, perryckd said:

lets be objective. the words steve accused LMG off, i have shown, it applies to steve guerilla team too. 

Look if LMG wants to play hit jobs like steve, youtubers are going to get more hostile, tit for tat. 

GN: Says out loud what LTT did

LTT fanoids:  HITJOB IT WAS A HITJOB

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

I don't disagree that he should have been sued. But since not excessive harm was done, ALL Linus has to do now is actually stop lying. Just come clean and fix your shiz. It's not that hard. Noone wants to harm LTT, we just want good and honest content.

Agreed. Honestly and transparency would go a long way now, and especially at the beginning of this.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

1 minute ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

What did Linus lie about?

2 minutes ago, Wintyr said:

for follow up he probly should reach out now but to the CEO not linus

I have serious doubts that the CEO would touch any of this shit with a 10 foot pole. First thing he should do is reprimand Linus for causing great harm to the company, but we all know the CEO ain't gonna do a damn thing. He is CEO in title only, Linus is still 100% running the show and GN knows that.

3 minutes ago, harls said:

Where did Linus Lie?

For example by claiming they have reached an agreement with Billet labs although that was a one sided agreement? Billet never accepted it, nor did they ever sent an invoice, although Linus said they did. They just sent an Email as a response with how much that thing is worth.

9 minutes ago, perryckd said:

steve runs a much smaller organization, his motive is to do hit and run job on bigger boys because they dont response as fast. this hit job took steve 6 months of planning, goes to show his scummy ways.

can't believe people are still defending Linus on this topic and attack GN.

This is not healthy. If you like Linus, you should not condone his insane respones. 

Instead, help him find his old self and motivate him to do the right thing!

1 minute ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Where has he lied?

3 minutes ago, Nucleosynthesis said:

I wonder how the Linus from 10 years ago would have looked at 2023 Linus...

Pretty sure he'd see it as a big old nothing burger. I mentioned before where he told off "Slick," this is the clip: https://youtu.be/IGfQGnvnwnQ?t=235

Not a big deal by itself, but it's happened other times. I think it's more how it was said than what was said. But it was still rude, and certainly didn't need to be included. When that's the best persona you're putting forward, that which is behind it is probably worse.

6 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

Because anyone willing to spend $800 on a GPU block won't want to be using it with last generations GPU (or atleast that is the way I see it).

That bit of reasoning wasn't put very tactfully by Linus, but to me the base arguement of no one will buy it unless it works with this generations GPU makes alot of sense to me, and I felt that the takeaway from the video was: this is a cool idea but I want to see it work with a current GPU cause that is what people might want to use it with.

The problem with waterblocks is most are designed for a specific card. Very rarely, if at all, span multiple cards of the same generation, much less different generations. So if it was designed for a 3090ti, they shouldnt have used a 4090 in its place.

I agree people spending $800 on a waterblock would most likely buy the best currently available, but they also would be buying the waterblock for the gpu they are buying. Which at the time for development of this block, was the 3090ti.

The sad part is that Linus is experienced with watercooling. He should know that waterblocks, especially custom waterblocks, do not just support any gpu you can mount it to. Z height is very important, and he forgot it.

Just now, harls said:

What did Linus lie about?

Having already taken care of the situation with Billet. Anyway, all's well that ends well. I just demand an apology from him now.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 minute ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

GN: Says out loud what LTT did

LTT fanoids:  HITJOB IT WAS A HITJOB

With evidence, third party confirmations and email timelines validated. 

LTT guzzlers: STEVE SHOULD’VE BEEN NICER ABOUT EXPOSING THE LIES, THEFT AND GROSS NEGLIGENCE THAT COULD’VE DESTROYED A STARTUP OF 2 PEOPLE

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Billet Labs is getting their money back finally. At least no rival company had the block. Linus got off this one easily. Please repost for context.

This is gonna hit LMG on the manufacturer side pretty bad.  While they were polite and succinct, they didn't hold punches.

IMO, this post is as professional as it gets without hiding anything about the situation. Kudos to Billet.

I 99% agree with GN, BUT it needs to be told that he's also biased becase LTT moving into the testing space means that LTT is now a competitor of gamer nexus.
My two cents - hah - is that GN did well to do the first video but now they need to ease on the drama and let things cool of a bit

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

A show of good faith couldn't hurt either. "Here's another person we've wronged, we wrote them a check," "we invested $x into this unrelated up-and-coming watercooling company," "we have fully cut ties with x y and z and began an ethics board to investigate conflicts of interest before they happen." Something.

Not necessary, but it would be nice.