Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

1 minute ago, ForboJack said:

Has there been a new response from anyone at LTT so far? (not counting the first one from linus)

Nope

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

Billot labs is UK, Steve is Eastern Time zone, LTT is Pacific Time zone.

There are a lot of hours in the day that are both the 10th and the 11th depending on time zones. There is 6-7 hours where its the 11th for Billet and its the 10th for LMG. 

ah but you forget, 10 ≠ 11. Linus has never done anything wrong ever, fact proven :old-cool:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.40c609c3d28e2b1bd2d1e0c4a569ef13.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Thepyrodex said:

Oh man, you don't even know what the word sycophant means do you?

In what way am I gaining advantage through this?  or do you just think that word means brown noser because you don't understand words.

Authors note:  when you have to look up words on google, ensure you read past the first definition when you reply back.

Otherwise it becomes clearly obvious you did just that.  Ten bucks says “brown noser” is a synonym.

edit:  I looked it up.  It is.  Lmao you can’t make this shit up

Just now, ForboJack said:

Has there been a new response from anyone at LTT so far? (not counting the first one from linus)

Yep Linus tripled down on he wasnt wrong after illegally auctioning a prototype after LIENUS threw a fit after a prototype backpack made it to a thrift store (where they belong). He repeateldy tried to cover his own arse after being put on the spot in front of the entire internet. This company is on its way out like Artesian Builds. 

"HEEEERS THE REROLLLLLLL!!!!!" 

wrong.JPG

10 minutes ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

All of Linus's responses just read like corporate gibber jabber. He hasn't taken any sort of responsibility or accountability. Sad.

looks, guerilla nexus admitted he took 6 months to prepare for this hit job. 

give LMG some time. this is the same guerilla tactics steve loves to play. to put unfair time against big companies, to make the matters even more sensationalised.

1 minute ago, ForboJack said:

I think there is none, so far. And until they manage to resolve the issue with Billet Labs, I'd say this is the way to go.

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Billot labs is UK, Steve is Eastern Time zone, LTT is Pacific Time zone.

There are a lot of hours in the day that are both the 10th and the 11th depending on time zones. There is 6-7 hours where its the 11th for Billet and its the 10th for LMG. 

My jaw dropped when I read this, you realize that time doesn’t move differently on the same planet? They said Linus replied two hours AFTER the video dropped, and the video dropped the same second for everyone worldwide regardless of time zones.

Bro.

2 minutes ago, ForboJack said:

I doubt there is going to be until maybe WAN show if this doesn't go away by then and Linus is feeling spicy. Responding ended up going terribly for them last time.

I think Linus's best shot is to honestly bring this up on wan show so that Luke can pull the foot out of his mouth when he inevitably says the wrong thing. Linus means well, I genuinely believe that. He does not have a good track record on his hot takes though. 

6 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Dozens of people have signed-up in the last 24 hours, with the singular goal of slinging mud. This thread was going to be a guaranteed catastrophe with the forum being brigaded like this.

While some users are here to post aggressively, others of us were fans who watched LMG content on YouTube, were disturbed by the allegations being made, and then were attracted to this forum by virtue of the fact that its the only place Linus or LMG has publicly commented on the matter.

While a few posters are needlessly aggressive against LMG in this thread (and others overly defensive of LMG... My opinion), I believe the overwhelming majority of people here are acting in good faith, and not brigading.

3 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

Bud Light.

That was my first thought. 

12 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

so wait gn makes a video flubbs the timeline of events. by posting incorrect dates and not providing complete dates the first time

but hey he released a follow up video with correct dates 

AFTER hes already caused a shitstorm by intentionally leaving pieces out either by rushing or failure to communicate

again pot calling the kettle black.

The timeline wasn't incorrect in the first video.

Its the exact same timeline that he tells in the second video.

Only thing added in the second video was stuff that occurred after the first video was published.

For example the fact that Linus said they already agreed to compensate Billet, as a critique towards GN. While Billet says that Linus only contacted them for reimbursement after the initial GN video was published. 

3 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

Correct they as a company want this to die down and go away and thats how I would do it. I can basically guarantee that in a month the community will be onto something else. This will be mentioned in passing if at all. The number of times people say things like this will kill YouTuber's and other content creators and couple years later almost no one remembers. The internet forgets, far more than it thinks it does.

What they needs is a plan to fix it (much of which was probably already in place) and time to act on that plan. Nothing LMG can do right now would fix or solve this. As GN said if there was another statement at this point would anyone think it was sincere?

That's a nihilist and insubstantial approach. I've seen much bigger people and companies go down for far less than this. What they need to do is be humble, apologize and then fix things. SImple, baby steps.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

Just now, daydreamfaze said:

Yep Linus tripled down on he wasnt wrong after illegally auctioning a prototype after LIENUS threw a fit after a prototype backpack made it to a thrift store (where they belong). He repeateldy tried to cover his own arse after being put on the spot in front of the entire internet. This company is on its way out like Artesian Builds. 

"HEEEERS THE REROLLLLLLL!!!!!" 

wrong.JPG

Also asking you ahead of time LIEnus, wouldnt BE PROPER JOURNALISM..... But you wouldn't know proper journalism if it hit you in the face with facts about your improper and illegal business practices. 

2 minutes ago, iAxX said:

Disappointed there's not enough coverage of the conflict of interest between LMG and Noctua/ASUS. 

Saying the NH-D15 will take anything you throw at it as the CPU throttles.

Not properly covering the ASUS refusal to RMA situation. 

As you then partner up with Noctua to make LTT colored fans and Noctua colored screwdriver. 

As ASUS becomes the main sponsor for LTX.

These are egregious violations of trust if you're reporting on news or going into the technical reporting field. 

The conflicts of interests are bothering me too.  Personally, I find it hard to think of that as a priority, because I've been around a long time and am very aware of their situation, and can make decisions keeping in that in mind, but for a newish viewer, it's alot bigger of a problem. In this case, I don't think 'TMB' cuts it.

On the other hand, there's alot of things needing doing within LMG.  I personally think with the money, the personnel, and public exposure going into labs, it may be more important for them to crack down on that data inaccuracy.

But it's hard for me to say we should give them any great length time for the COIs either, cause once this dies down, it would be very easy for them to backburner any action on that. 

I guess I am just stating what I think, and don't have a good answer here.

Just now, Drazil100 said:

I doubt there is going to be until maybe WAN show if this doesn't go away by then and Linus is feeling spicy. Responding ended up going terribly for them last time.

I think Linus's best shot is to honestly bring this up on wan show so that Luke can pull the foot out of his mouth when he inevitably says the wrong thing. Linus means well, I genuinely believe that. He does not have a good track record on his hot takes though. 

wrong.JPG

33 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Dozens of people have signed-up in the last 24 hours, with the singular goal of slinging mud. This thread was going to be a guaranteed catastrophe with the forum being brigaded like this.

You are correct that dozens of people have signed up in the last 24 hours. I am sure a relatively big minority did so to sling mud and start flamewars.

Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, there are genuine members of the audience who have been watching this content for years and did not have a reason to create an account or engage with the "community" until now?

From what I have seen, most of the new accounts in this thread are just like me, members of the audience who have been watching for years and wanted to share their concerns and feedback in a way that has the highest likelihood of actually reaching someone close to being in a position of power to do something about it. If you see mostly "mud slinging" from new accounts in this thread, I am afraid you are probably quite selective in what you read from them.

Just now, zeroality said:

My jaw dropped when I read this, you realize that time doesn’t move differently on the same planet? They said Linus replied two hours AFTER the video dropped, and the video dropped the same second for everyone worldwide regardless of time zones.

Bro.

That wasnt the accusation I was correcting.

The 10th/11th debate has zero bearing to the 2 hours after video dropped topic. (guess what yesterday and today were)

5 minutes ago, filpo said:

you know the 11th century? I'm guessing it was around 1066 since that was a pretty dramatic year for some reason

they liked y1k so much they made y2k

I have taken quite a while before jumping on the bandwagon and share my thoughts. First I wanted to review videos, parse older posts from LTT team, and basically make my own opinion instead of just listening dumbly on GN or Linus. If you're a hardcore Linus Fan, then skip this.

To sum up:

I have stopped watching LTT videos for the informative content like reviews and bench along time ago because they have never been clear and transparent on their methodology. Also, some of their "findings" were often at odds with what I personally found or what I found on written medias. I was hoping that they would have put in place a strict methodology with their lab. Sadly it is not the case.

On the GN vs Linus debate, well there also I got a big disappointment. I expected a point by point response with either an explanation or at least an acknowledgement, maybe even a plan of action to correct that. Instead we got what is clearly a "I am the victim" post.

I honestly went to several other channels to get quality tech contents

• GN for numbers and in depth tech info
  • Jayztwocents for the fun build and no non-sens
  • Craft Computing for Small Office - Home office stuff
  • PC Builder for actual realistic build videos and infos

Lately, the past year and a half at least, LMG has lost the touch for their videos. Between unrealistic or unrelatable builds like the $100k desktop and the pointless how many USB can you plug, to the saga Linus builds his dream home, where is the content that LMG used to make: Relatable builds, Ultra gamer builds (that had also a point not just the $$$) the exotic and challenge that also had a lesson behind it like the Wish PC, the Wallmart Gaming PC, the "human interest ones" like who has the best PC in LTT... But yes those videos are from a time where video topics where THE priority. A time prior to the LABS. A timle where content was paramount not $$$.

So I am not like other go "bad Linus I won't watch your videos". I'd be lying. What I'll do: No buy any more merch. I am set anyway with the Backpack and the original LTT screwdriver. And as the content is anyway disappointing, cancel my subscription to the LTT Floatplane channel.

The one thing I hope is that Terren Tong as CEO will straighten things out.

Bro.

I feel like ITT there's a lot of responses to the post "actually, Linus did do something wrong here" with "no, Linus did do something wrong!"

Holster your piece folks, damn, stop trying to argue with people that agree with you

9 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

with the singular goal of slinging mud

"Yeah man, but it's good for the skin!" 🤪

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, starsmine said:

That wasnt the accusation I was correcting.

The 10th/11th debate has zero bearing to the 2 hours after video dropped topic. (guess what yesterday and today were)

Ah alright that makes sense my bad if I came off as dismissive 

2 minutes ago, dege13 said:

I think Steve can make a mistake too.

Yeah, but no one will make a video about it.  I know Linus has an ego larger than many and has criticized GN before for video length and such, but I see bruised ego in Steve.  He declares war on NewEgg for a return issue, gets super bent about being namedropped by an engineer in the tour vid, and now must go on the attack.  He makes good points, but he's not concerned about consumers getting hurt, he's concerned and consumed by it being implied his testing and hardware isn't new.  They are both acting like kids.  They should at least pretend to have a cage-match like Musk and Zuck and be done with it. 

Bro.

Bro, thats not what they talking about.  They talking about discrepency between Reddit thread from Billet saying 11th and Linus saying 10th about what I dont recall.  Go back and read the context of the message you reply to...