Walmart raising wages to 13.63/hr would cost them...

HawaiiXT_290x

There was a point in my life when I was around 12 where family was considering a move to Australia because of job reasons. Looking back at it now, maybe it was a wise decision we stayed in Murrica. Man, I don't even know anymore.

wth. how? I don't even.

how many m2?

Yea its hard especially for someone young like me lol u can get a 3-4 bedroom house for $400-500 a week but there in the middle of nowhere and its about 2 hour drive just to get to a place that has work hence why the rent is cheap but when u add fuel costs its not really worth it.

lol you guys even got it better xD.

so 10.30$ * 8 = 82.4$ * (let's say 22 days) = 1812.8$

converting to Philippine Peso = 79137.78PHP per month and if this is the salary in walmart I'd gladly work there. I mean those dudes makes almost the same with my cad job which I do take home or go overtime without pay). and I work 10 hours a day. 6 days a week. hot damn wish I live there.

Minimum wage is not even enough to live off of in Toronto.

The cheapest apartment I could find (on mls.ca) in my city (not downtown, but on the outskirts) is $1125 a month.

That leaves you with $675 a month.

Well, with $675, there's no way you can afford a car, so you can get a metropass which cost $133.75, that leaves you with $541.25

Internet? Probably paying a minimum of $40, more likely $50 - and you'll have a sub 100GB cap - a month - 491.25

Phone? Want unlimited texting with 150 minutes and 200MB of data? $55 - $436.25

Electricity? Probably $50-$100 a month, let's say $75 - $361.25

That's $361.25 a month for food (probably about $100), water (probably about $50), clothing, entertainment (eating out? going to the movies?), furniture etc

Please keep in mind that out tax on goods is 13%, so you are actually paying more for everything than I listed. Not only are you paying more per item, you also have to pay income tax, which would probably be a hundred dollars, leaving you with pennies in the end. 

Canada's not cheap to live in :(

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

LinusCostofLivingTips

yes, and everywhere it sucks.

there is no balance in any country at all.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Minimum wage is not even enough to live off of in Toronto.

The cheapest apartment I could find (on mls.ca) in my city (not downtown, but on the outskirts) is $1125 a month.

That leaves you with $675 a month.

Well, with $675, there's no way you can afford a car, so you can get a metropass which cost $133.75, that leaves you with $541.25

Internet? Probably paying a minimum of $40, more likely $50 - and you'll have a sub 100GB cap - a month - 491.25

Phone? Want unlimited texting with 150 minutes and 200MB of data? $55 - $436.25

Electricity? Probably $50-$100 a month, let's say $75 - $361.25

That's $361.25 a month for food (probably about $100), water (probably about $50), clothing, entertainment (eating out? going to the movies?), furniture etc

Please keep in mind that out tax on goods is 13%, so you are actually paying more for everything than I listed. Not only are you paying more per item, you also have to pay income tax, which would probably be a hundred dollars, leaving you with pennies in the end. 

Canada's not cheap to live in :(

Thats starting to sound alot like Australia now i dont even want to move to canada lol

Thats starting to sound alot like Australia now i dont even want to move to canada lol

Though do keep in mind that for the apartment, it's actually a decent size (country is quite large, so space isn't an issue ;)). And the metro here is quite good too. Internet here sucks (it's getting better, but caps are horrible), as do mobile plans (we essentially have a oligopoly between Rogers, Bell and Telus for most telecommuncation services).

Toronto is actually quite expensive though (I believe it's the most expensive city to live in in Canada now, overtaking Vancouver).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

yes, and everywhere it sucks.

there is no balance in any country at all.

This thread is the perfect example of that.

Either you get paid too little, but cost of living is lower or you get paid a respectable wage, but goods require a sacrifice of your first born.

Though do keep in mind that for the apartment, it's actually a decent size (country is quite large, so space isn't an issue ;)). And the metro here is quite good too. Internet here sucks (it's getting better, but caps are horrible), as do mobile plans (we essentially have a oligopoly between Rogers, Bell and Telus for most telecommuncation services).

Toronto is actually quite expensive though (I believe it's the most expensive city to live in in Canada now, overtaking Vancouver).

Seriously we have the exact same thing we have one company that owns all the copper in the entire country!

Australia is the most balanced country. I think their cost of living is less than 2 times that of the US, but their wages are about 2 1/2 times ours.

Have u read anything in this thread? Lol

I started the thread? On average your prices are between 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 higher than ours, but your min wage is almost triple ours.  Heck your PC prices are only 20-25% higher, but your min wage is 18 USD/hr where ours is like 7/hr.

Did u read any of the comments above?

Yes, you can find apartments for as cheap as you can here but you guys make 20+/hr USD.  I don't see the problem.

2 room apartments cost 1400$ in the US?

New York City they can be double even triple that.  NYC is as expensive as Sydney AUS.  On average apartments are about 35% more expensive than here in the US.

http://www.sublet.com/city_rentals/manhattan_rentals.asp?bedrooms=2&sortby=mprice_up

seems "cheap" to me.

Yes, you can find apartments for as cheap as you can here but you guys make 20+/hr USD.  I don't see the problem.

lol that place i showed wasnt even in the middle of sydney they start at $600+ a week u cannot find anything as cheap as $550 a month here!

Here this the website everyone in australia uses ive never even heard of that site http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/with-2-bedrooms-in-melbourne,+vic+3000/list-1?activeSort=price-asc

Edit: also those places are shared lol

Ya, my friend lives in NYC and in the heart (not the ghetto) he pays over 36 grand a year in rent for a 1100 sq/ft 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath apartment.

1100 sq/ft is huge.

still expensive.

And apparently 1100=800, fml, I need to ask around/check my facts before I start posting crap sorry.

so it's 800 sq/ft?

"Milk/Gal: $3.25"

Must be nice to live somewhere where milk cost that little. It's at the very least $6,18 for 4L (1Gal = 3,7L) of 2% milk here in Quebec, because we have stupid laws that put minimum pricing on it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro