Walmart raising wages to 13.63/hr would cost them...

HawaiiXT_290x

The job I had(security guard) was the only job I was able to find that wasn't part time that was willing to hire me without some kind of prior experience. EVERY other job I applied for that was full time wanted me to have 2-4 years prior experience but this was my first job. I didn't want to work part time at a fast food restaurant only to have to work another job to try and make ends meet. I searched for THREE YEARS and was unable to find anything and while it is true that no one forced me to take the hours I was still FORCED to take those hours because working normal hours I couldn't afford to live on my own. I had an average of $30 left at the end of the month after paying all my expenses that's right $30 and I had to work myself to death to do it, with the way you said what you said and if you're actually 32 like your profile says that leads me to believe that you've had a stable job and haven't actually had to look for one for some time now.

Believe it or not you can get tips like crazy if you happen to work for a popular restaurant. There are students who major for something while working at a restaurant but end up tossing school to work full time because they make so much via tips. I know some lol... 

Not necessarily a good path to take but its been done. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

it didn't get accepted.

70% were against the 25$/h wage.

Makes sense, that amount probably would've been a terribly crippling blow to small businesses that require unskilled labor.

The job I had(security guard) was the only job I was able to find that wasn't part time that was willing to hire me without some kind of prior experience. EVERY other job I applied for that was full time wanted me to have 2-4 years prior experience but this was my first job. I didn't want to work part time at a fast food restaurant only to have to work another job to try and make ends meet. I searched for THREE YEARS and was unable to find anything and while it is true that no one forced me to take the hours I was still FORCED to take those hours because working normal hours I couldn't afford to live on my own. I had an average of $30 left at the end of the month after paying all my expenses that's right $30 and I had to work myself to death to do it, with the way you said what you said and if you're actually 32 like your profile says that leads me to believe that you've had a stable job and haven't actually had to look for one for some time now.

Exactly, it was your first job, which means you were worth nothing so they paid you nothing. It is YOUR responsibility to acquire the skill and/or education necessary to get a job where you can support yourself. How old were you when you applied for this "first job"? People who wait until the are 18, or worse until they are over 18, to start their first job deserve to live in poverty. Flipping burgers or collecting carts at Walmart are jobs that are intended for kids that are still in high school, or who are working part time while they go to college while living with their parents. Entry level jobs are not intended for adults who are supporting themselves and are sure as hell not intended for people who are trying to support a family.

Some people end up in those jobs because they get laid off from a real job that they previously had, but it's not the responsibility of Walmart or any other company to completely destroy their business just because a skilled worker is unable to find another job, or because someone was to lazy to become a skilled worker in the first place. Instead of demanding pay that you don't deserve, how about you demand that our country's for profit education system be fixed. Bailing out student loans with taxpayer money isn't a solution either, there is no reason why publicly funded universities need to be charging $20,000 a year in tuition and fees.

You could have, and should have, worked in fast food while still in high school. Working two years part time, then at 18 you would have been in position for a manager or lead position. A year of that and at 19 you can apply anywhere with 3 years of work experience and a year of management experience. That gets you in the door at another job above ground level, where you can continue to work you way up. But by your own admission you didn't want to put in the hard work and deal with doing something you don't like. So now you feel it's unfair that the only entry level job you can find doesn't pay enough.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

it didn't get accepted.

70% were against the 25$/h wage.

What's minimum wage then?

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

What's minimum wage then?

there isn't one.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

there isn't one.

That actually seems good and bad

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

That actually seems good and bad

as long as you're half skilled at something, you'll get 20$/h.

a friend of mine gets 3800chf/4200$/ month, without having a decent qualification.

You guys are getting minimum wage raised is your stuff not cheap enough compared to everything other country -_-

You guys are getting minimum wage raised is your stuff not cheap enough compared to everything other country -_-

Says the Aussie with 15 dollars an hour while the US has a laughable 7.25 on the federal level. Keep in mind that unlike some countries, Americans have the sickening decision whether to let an illness get worst or miss a payment on something because health care here is a joke if you are struggling financially. Sometimes even refusing to go to a doctor because they don't make enough to afford it, get in worst condition and then lose their job as a result..which results in homelessness. It's a vicious cycle.

Let this put things into perspective.

An Australian can do jack all at Mcdonalds and make a better wage than some American working at a job for many many years if said job is owned by a cheap ass employer. You guys can deal with the more expensive tech.

--

Then there is Norway..where filthy scum of society can commit crimes and get treated with a 5 star prison hotel paid by tax payers that also has access to internet..I don't even.

Says the Aussie with 15 dollars an hour while the US has a laughable 7.25 on the federal level. Keep in mind that unlike some country, Americans have the sicking decision whether to let an illness get worst or miss a payment on something because health care here is a joke if you are struggling financially.

how is america that fucked up?

it's incredible what a mess the US is.

My cousin works at walmart and they intentionally screw the crap out of his schedule so he never gets overtime lol

He works like 4 days on, 2 days off, 7 days on, 3 days off. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

how is america that fucked up?

it's incredible what a mess the US is.

It is a massive country ran by corruption and greed, that's how. If you're sick, you either decide on seeing the doctor or paying on the house in some cases.

I'll let this excerpt from an article speak for itself.

cbe6cb22d0b9f8121329da56bc12f3b3.png

Everything in this country is a business and you're a commodity.

So yeah, to the people complaining that min wage should be lowered, unregulated or not raised to a level people can actually live on, you are a horrid person. Not everyone is a doctor, lawyer, IT tech or Scientist. The backbone of the country is ran by everyday people, without them, nothing would get done. To say these people deserve nothing, you suck as a human being. Maybe if the government didn't waste so much cash it doesn't even have shoving it's dick into other country affairs or pet projects no one asked for, businesses wouldn't be taxed as hard, more profits and more pay for employees. Nope, greed and corruption rules America.

It is a massive country ran by corruption and greed, that's how. If you're sick, you either decide on seeing the doctor or paying on the house in some cases.

I'll let this excerpt from an article speak for itself.

Everything in this country is a business and you're a commodity.

our ambulance costs like 1k, too but you only have to pay 10% or 20% not sure anymore.

our ambulance costs like 1k, too but you only have to pay 10% or 20% not sure anymore.

Even so, your country has 25 dollars an hour vs 7.25. min That's a huge difference. Someone can work in fast food in your country and make as much as someone with a degree or many years logged with a company.

Quite frankly, I wish my state left this country and stood on it's own. Texas gives more money to the feds than it takes in, screw the US government and it's BS.

Even so, your country has 25 dollars an hour vs 7.25. min That's a huge difference. Someone can work in fast food in your country and make as much as someone with a degree or many years logged with a company.

Quite frankly, I wish my state left this country and stood on it's own. Texas gives more money to the feds than it takes in, screw the US government and it's BS.

the 25$/h got declined. for the better in my opinion.

but still, my brother earns 3600chf/4000$ and even with that amount, he couldn't live on his own.

it's almost impossible to life here if you earn below 4000$ to 4500$.

Says the Aussie with 15 dollars an hour while the US has a laughable 7.25 on the federal level. Keep in mind that unlike some countries, Americans have the sickening decision whether to let an illness get worst or miss a payment on something because health care here is a joke if you are struggling financially. Sometimes even refusing to go to a doctor because they don't make enough to afford it, get in worst condition and then lose their job as a result..which results in homelessness. It's a vicious cycle.

Let this put things into perspective.

An Australian can do jack all at Mcdonalds and make a better wage than some American working at a job for many many years if said job is owned by a cheap ass employer. You guys can deal with the more expensive tech.

--

Then there is Norway..where filthy scum of society can commit crimes and get treated with a 5 star prison hotel paid by tax payers that also has access to internet..I don't even.

mate u have no idea it costs me $120 a month for internet $350 a month for a decent 2 bedroom place (and thats not even in the city if u want a 1 bedroom in the city its about $450) $80 a month for my mobile $1.60 a litre for petrol not to mention our food cost way more and electricity also u can buy a brand new porche 911 its about $250,000 AUD in America it costs $80,000 we may have a higher minimum wage but we sure as hell don't have it easier!!!

the 25$/h got declined. for the better in my opinion.

but still, my brother earns 3600chf/4000$ and even with that amount, he couldn't live on his own.

it's almost impossible to life here if you earn below 4000$ to 4500$.

Imagine that wage with a low cost of living..that'd be amazing. :)

mate u have no idea it costs me $120 a month for internet $350 a month for a decent 2 bedroom place (and thats not even in the city if u want a 1 bedroom in the city its about $450) $80 a month for my mobile $1.60 a litre for petrol not to mention our food cost way more and electricity also u can buy a brand new porche 911 its about $250,000 AUD in America it costs $80,000 we may have a higher minimum wage but we sure as hell don't have it easier!!!

I'll give you the internet since even when I had a crap ISP, $52 is cheaper than $120. My last apartment was a crappy cramped 1 bedroom for $550 a month. Mobile plans depend on individual usage and packages so I'll leave this a tie.  Jesus on the fuel..conversions are annoying, but an aussie litre is about 3.7 US gallons and our petrol is 3.44 average per gallon. Which is over 9usd per litre if we do quick conversion. Not really a huge 911 fan and you guys don't have hippies in California dictating what can and can not be imported...if you wanna talk costs, you at least get the Nissan Skyline GTR for a lot less. :P

I think we can all agree on there is no perfect solution. Each country has their own faults. Either we have corruption with decent wages, but a inflation on goods aka high cost of living or we have corruption with lower cost of living, but laughably low wages vs other nations. Still, I think the Swiss are leading.

lol we pay 1000$ for a 2 bedroom place (50 to 60 squaremeters). and that would be considered cheap.

@Mooshi

I'll give you the internet since even when I had a crap ISP, $52 is cheaper than $120. My last apartment was a crappy cramped 1 bedroom for $550 a month. Mobile plans depend on individual usage and packages so I'll leave this a tie.  Jesus on the fuel..conversions are annoying, but an aussie litre is about 3.7 US gallons and our petrol is 3.44 average per gallon. Which is over 9usd per litre if we do quick conversion. Not really a huge 911 fan and you guys don't have hippies in California dictating what can and can not be imported...if you wanna talk costs, you at least get the Nissan Skyline GTR for a lot less. :P

I think we can all agree on there is no perfect solution. Each country has their own faults. Either we have corruption with decent wages, but a inflation on goods aka high cost of living or we have corruption with lower cost of living, but laughably low wages vs other nations. Still, I think the Swiss are leading.

here an example: http://www.homegate.ch/rent/104679106?a=default&l=default

1.5 rooms

35m2

1100$/month.

Linus should annex a part of Canada and all of LTT moves there. It will be the best. ;)

holy cow that looks like a royal dump and u pay $1100 a month wtf thats like what a good job pays a week here.

my words.

it's expensive as fuck here.

but you earn a lot more. 

so yeah it sucks here, too.

If only there could be a compromise where even on the low end, wages were livable, but the price of goods were also within sanity.

Or we can watch the economy collapse world wide and we all start using Dogecoin. :ph34r:

lol we pay 1000$ for a 2 bedroom place (50 to 60 squaremeters). and that would be considered cheap.

@Mooshi

wait no i ment $350 a week not a month sorry so we end up paying $1400 a month decent area to live in $440 a week http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-nsw-homebush-412993279