First timer - will everything at least fit together?

Hey all,

I'm close to pulling the trigger on my first ever GPU only loop. I've never done a custom loop before, though I have had a few AIOs. I've looked at a few of the FAQs and starter guides here on the forum but am looking for some double checking to make sure everything here should at least fit and work. Below I have posted the parts in my cart. While the short-term need is to tame my GTX 1080 Ti, I wouldn't mind expanding it to include my CPU and upgrades to the loop in the future.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600

MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti (reference/founders edition)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro

image.thumb.png.72a7a372a1678a88ce44f0d837064ef0.png

image.png.8072af4e0107852e82e69a95ba56e6c4.png

You can buy a better gpu for that money that runs far cooler. I'd go that way instead of doing a old gpu waterblock thingy

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You can buy a better gpu for that money that runs far cooler. I'd go that way instead of doing a old gpu waterblock thingy

Yeah, outside of sentimental value this doesn't make any financial sense to me either.

Ada is worse than Ampere which is worse than Fermi, change my mind.

System:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS X570 TUF
  • RAM
    2X16GB Kingston Fury 3200mhz
  • GPU
    PowerColor 6950XT
  • Case
    Fractal Torrent
  • Storage
    A lot of SSDs
  • PSU
    Seasonic 1000W Platinum
  • Display(s)
    Main: ASUS PG27AQDM 240hz 1440p WOLED
    Secondary: Alienware AW2521HF 1080p 240hz
    Third: Samsung C34F791 UltraWide 1440p 100hz
    Fourth: LG 48' C2 OLED TV
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
  • Keyboard
    Ducky Shine 7
  • Mouse
    GPX Superlight
  • Sound
    Logitech Z906 / Sennheiser 560s / Rode NT-USB
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Tanaz said:

Yeah, outside of sentimental value this doesn't make any financial sense to me either.

It also adds negative resale value since well nobody wants a old waterblocked card.

12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It also adds negative resale value since well nobody wants a old waterblocked card.

Between the part list I posted and the GPU block, this comes out to about $200 total. I don't plan on selling the card. I use my parts until they cannot reasonably play the games I want to play.

1 minute ago, Jacksonyoung said:

Between the part list I posted and the GPU block, this comes out to about $200 total. I don't plan on selling the card. I use my parts until they cannot reasonably play the games I want to play.

What is the condition of the block?

Was it used till recently or not. Because this is easily enough time for a o ring to dry out and leak if used and left dry for a while.

If new there is a good chance too because o rings have a expiry date. Most of the ones used in waterblock are the ones that have a 5 year shelf life and it's been long enough for this to be an issue.

Just now, jaslion said:

What is the condition of the block?

Was it used till recently or not. Because this is easily enough time for a o ring to dry out and leak if used and left dry for a while.

If new there is a good chance too because o rings have a expiry date. Most of the ones used in waterblock are the ones that have a 5 year shelf life and it's been long enough for this to be an issue.

The block is brand new. Should that be an issue, do I have any options to replace those o-rings? That seems almost deceitful if that product is being sold DOA.

imo its better to just buy a d5. these cheap umps are well cheap... and most likely wont last long...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Just now, Jacksonyoung said:

do I have any options to replace those o-rings?

You'll have to make your own orings. Not too hard to do but will cost a bit of money. Swiftech MIGHT have some but still those will probably be same age.

This is old stock and there is a reason this thing is going for so little.

Oh and I missed it but the dc lt is a low end pump they don't last long. I'd advice for a better unit. They are also quite loud. They are also not great for longevity. Have yet to have one do much more than 2 years.

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

imo its better to just buy a d5. these cheap umps are well cheap... and most likely wont last long...

Yup longest one I've had has been 2 years 4 months before it died. Always recommend against em but people want to cheap out still.

Appreciate the feedback about the o-rings and pump. Going to scrap the idea altogether.

New or used the ring would be fine. A lot of block options. Still plenty on eBay. Just gave away 4 myself. 
A nice pump is just for piece of mind. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I have more than a few water blocks bought new (old stock, 780s I bought last month) that have been sitting on the shelf a number of years, none of them have had o-ring issues. Even the ones for my 580s and 780s. Even CPU blocks I have that are old Koolance and Swiftech units work just fine with no signs of drying out and one of them is from 2005.

I use Freezemod pumps off Amazon, they're DDC knockoffs and they work like a charm. I've got one going on three years daily use 7-10 hours per day average and it's still pumping strong and quiet. They just go until they don't and they're cheap enough you won't notice. I've used D5's of various makes, they're great but you don't need it.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.