Should LTT make Christmas Album V2?

Birblover12

I was thinking, do you think if enough people asked for it, do you think LTT/LMG should make a rendition of the Christmas Album? It could have either entirely AI created lyrics/vocals, or they could get several different prominent LMG employees to try taking part in it. I'm aware Linus said that he didn't want to voice another one, but I think if there is demand, there shall be supply lol.

Adding on top, I was thinking it'd be awesome if they managed to print the album on a physical vinyl and sell it on LTTstore (along with a sad-linus face vinyl cover), bonus points if a select few are signed. Obviously logistics would be interesting, though I'm sure there are companies that would custom-print a couple batches of the things if they actually wanted to do so.

Imagine....

image.png.d9545f2b3934303e766133ac6b83a1f0.png

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

nah we good.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

even if half of the forum would "agree" you on that post, linus has hard-no'd the project several times.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

even if half of the forum would "agree" you on that post, linus has hard-no'd the project several times.

Unless I'm mistaken, in a recent Wan-Show I believe he said that he personally wouldn't voice in it, but gave joking "approval" to such a thing to Luke and Dan to do it, making me wonder if it'd be something funny they'd do, even just as a very short term gag or something along those lines.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

14 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

I was thinking it'd be awesome if they managed to print the album on a physical vinyl and sell it on LTTstore

Perhaps the new CEO would be interested (and hopefully overrule 'CVO')

We probably would need to show investment for studio recording, mastering, mass production cost, then the potential sales and ROI (Return of Investment) 

EDIT:

Given that Linus said he won't personally voice it, that also may cut the cost of studio recording

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

Only if it's available on tape.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

We probably would need to show investment for studio recording, mastering, mass production cost, then the potential sales and ROI (Return of Investment)

I was thinking it wouldn't need to be fancy, the original cover was uh... well obviously not done with the intention of being a "smash hit" if you will, though that was an MP3 and not a physical vinyl. They probably already have the equipment for recording everything decently well, not to mention all they'd really need is someone to create the general melodies (if they don't already have someone in-house who could do such a thing) and of course editing which I'm sure they have someone who could do that.

From there they could just mash it into an MP3 file of sorts and launch it over to a pressing company who could make the things.

Or, ya' know, they just put it up on YouTube for all to enjoy lol

14 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

Perhaps the new CEO would be interested (and hopefully overrule 'CVO')

CEO cant overrule CVO, because CVO is also primary shareholder.

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Only if it's available on tape.

that would be a meme and a half... not a cassette either, the album is only sold on reel-to-reel tape.

2 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

though that was an MP3 and not a physical vinyl

Make sense, I almost thought special Viny form factor that is *debatable* niche market segment

I see you were there, 3000 years ago when 'MP3' is a common phrase

Still, they can distribute physical media such as USB, CD and sold exclusively via LTTStore.com. Even if it doesn't sell well, they can make a content behind the scene like how Linus promote 'objectively' good merchandise such as desk mat, screwdriver

Or they can just do it for fun with no ROI in mind, so distribute via streaming platform such as Spotify, Youtube Music, or Floatplane

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

Umm, you saw that community post and got all wound up.  That's alright, it'll pass, you just need to accept the disappointment. Btw who listens to christmas albums anyway? And why would anyone need more than one? Didn't like the first one enough? Ehhh, anyway yeah you're right, I'm not very fun at christmas parties 🤪

MOBO: MSI Krait Gaming X370 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X [4GHz @1.43V] | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2133MHz [2933MHz CAS 16]

GPU: ASUS GTX1060 6GB DUAL Series | SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB

CASE: Thermaltake Suppressor F51 | PSU: Corsair VS550 | COOLING: Corsair H60 [70°C Max @1400rpm] | DISPLAY: LG 29" Ultra Wide, BenQ 1080p Projector

MOUSE: Trust GXT31 MOUSE MAT: HyperX Fury | KEYBOARD: Logitech G510s | UNDERWEAR: HyperX

SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 | HEADSET: HyperX Core Cloud | SPEAKERS: Behringer MS16, SONY HT-RT3

CPU-Z Validator: DUCKPC

Yes, but Dan will have to be really sneaky. He needs to tune the incoming merch messages so we can get Linus to say all the possible sound combinations so we can then train a voice assistant with Linus's voice, and then we can use that to read the text and autotune it, and then distribute it as .ogg files on Iomega zip disks.

Yes. Very yes.

The question is should they make a serious effort, or lean into full-cringe novelty?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

21 hours ago, ImWilly said:

Still, they can distribute physical media such as USB, CD and sold exclusively via LTTStore.com.

True, I think Vinyl would be the coolest but in hindsight perhaps a different medium would be more effective, CD's would probably be the easiest and most cost effective, but not as cool lol.